Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-14-2016, 10:42 AM Reply   
has anyone added on to the existing boat cover? I have a 16 axis T22 and I am wondering if a shop could add on to the existing cover to protect the sides of the boat from the sun. my boats sits on a lift under a roof but the sides still get a ton of sun in the mornings and afternoons ( yellow and black boat ) so I am hoping to help prevent fading?
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-14-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
I don't have any pics here at work, but my local upholstery shop added the skirts on mine along with straps and little plastic clips to wrap around either the trailer or the lift bunks. They charged me 150 bucks for it over the winter.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       12-14-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
Make them yourself. I did out of sunbrella i bought on ebay.

Bought enough to cover both sides, cut the height to 32" and just used press in grommets with velcro straps around the cleats and tower. Worked great. The entire project was $30 and 1.5 hours of my time. i have a pic of the work, just not linkable as its not on a website.

my boat is all black (Mastercraft X2) so the sun was beating on it all the time on the lift.

Last edited by hunter991; 12-14-2016 at 12:20 PM. Reason: ddsfasasdf
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       12-14-2016, 12:27 PM Reply   
here is a picName:  IMG_0177.JPG
Views: 772
Size:  200.6 KB
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-14-2016, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yep, I recommend making them removable if you ever plan to trailer with your cover.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-18-2016, 7:37 AM Reply   
Thanks gents this is exactly what I am looking for!

Going to get a quote from the local canvas shop!