Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2016, 3:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
What do you democrats don't understand is we want you to be a citizen to vote and we want you to prove it. No one that I know is asking for a separate "voter ID". We are asking that you do show ID because you currently do not have to show a thing but say a name on the list.
That is not all that "we" is pushing. In NC, they went out of their way to minimize the minority vote. Including, restricting days people can vote and limiting the traditional polling places for minorities. Besides, wouldn't you think if "we" were more serious about voter fraud, they would be focusing their attention more towards absentee ballots? You don't need an ID for those.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-29-2016, 11:31 AM Reply   
Turns out there IS voter fraud going on... amongst TRUMP voters lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0090fd09b00a
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2016, 1:56 PM Reply   
Wes: Thanks for Proving Trumps point for him. If the system allows this Wisky Tango to do it it can be done. Funny how many of the things Trump claims that may at first come off as Bombtastic! & Turn out to be True!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-29-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
I guess sarcasm and irony just go over Grant's head. Maybe I should just throw out words like ROACH to get your attention.

You seem to have missed the whole point - the system DOES work - she got caught, she's in jail, and owes a lot of money.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2016, 5:43 PM Reply   
Wes I'm glad you were in bracing the word Roach. Just because they caught one whiskey tango , doesn't mean the system is fixed until Trump started crying about a rigged election and many other now popular topics . It was way under your social justice warrior radar.

Wes are you for or against voter ID registration
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-29-2016, 5:46 PM Reply   
I think you meant embracing. Why don't you go back where you came from until you learn to speak English.

I am fine with ID for voting as long as it isn't a poll tax. I am also strongly considering "in bracing" a constitutional amendment to require a literacy test for voting privileges.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2016, 8:21 PM Reply   
Wes I was using Suri to dictate and didn't check my post. Sounds like you are getting your feathers ruffled.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-30-2016, 10:11 AM Reply   
Wes: it's ok to be upset and even let down with your horse in this race, I felt the same way a few weeks ago when Trump and the Beast were running neck and neck and then Trump had to go ahead and got caught telling the truth that he was a serial pussy grabber! Dammmmm! Is what I felt! I thought man this is gonna be a close race and then all of a sudden I felt like NO WAY is Trump ever gonna come close. Now with the Beast's dirty laundry slowy comming out of the dark the race is getting closer and closer, I also feel like the sheep are now more then ever aware of the medias tricks to try and sway the will of the people

Last edited by grant_west; 10-30-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old    mojo1127            10-30-2016, 10:49 AM Reply   
calling voter id a poll tax is pathetic. the big complaint about ID from the democratic plantation is that it mostly affects poor people. isn't it safe to assume those poor people use an id to get welfare, snap, section 8, etc? if our government gives people free smart phones to "help them quit smoking" we can give them id's. (didn't they need an id to buy those cigs?) wes is the typical liberal. he corrects internet punctuation as a way to make himself seem more intelligent than he really is.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-31-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1127 View Post
calling voter id a poll tax is pathetic. the big complaint about ID from the democratic plantation is that it mostly affects poor people. isn't it safe to assume those poor people use an id to get welfare, snap, section 8, etc? if our government gives people free smart phones to "help them quit smoking" we can give them id's. (didn't they need an id to buy those cigs?) wes is the typical liberal. he corrects internet punctuation as a way to make himself seem more intelligent than he really is.
If the GOP was truly concerned about voter fraud, then I would agree, but they are interested in limiting voters that traditionally vote Democrat. Regardless of your political leanings, no person should advocate a system that makes it more difficult for an eligible citizen to vote.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-31-2016, 2:03 PM Reply   
How do you feel about the Beast getting Debate questions before hand. They gave the Beast time to come up with answers b4 the debate. Seems Rigged to me

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6570947...-campaign.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2016, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
How do you feel about the Beast getting Debate questions before hand. They gave the Beast time to come up with answers b4 the debate. Seems Rigged to me

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6570947...-campaign.html
Smells really bad, Grant.
Old    mojo1127            10-31-2016, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Hey border security zealots, how do you feel about this Korean guy who got adopted at 3, parents never completed citizenship papers, abused him (and were convicted), abandoned him to foster care, then he gets in trouble with law, is father to four anchor babies, and is now being deported back to South Korea (he doesn't hablo Korean)?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_content=2053
What would you say to a kid whose father pulled a "bernie madoff?" The kid never did anything wrong, but he had millions of others money. Should he have to give it back or would you just say, "oh it's ok. just keep it." I do love it when people virtue signal though. When you say border security zealots, you make it sound like a bad thing. I'd like you to answer this: Do you have doors and windows no your home? Do those doors and windows have locks? Perhaps you have an alarm system? Do you allow anyone to walk in and use whatever they want? Without meeting you could I walk into your home without your permission and proceed to eat your food, watch your tv, use your bathroom, sleep in your bed, but not pay the property tax, insurance, mortgage, etc?

Last edited by mojo1127; 10-31-2016 at 5:46 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2016, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
What would you say to a kid whose father pulled a "bernie madoff?" The kid never did anything wrong, but he had millions of others money. Should he have to give it back or would you just say, "oh it's ok. just keep it." I do love it when people virtue signal though. When you say border security zealots, you make it sound like a bad thing. I'd like you to answer this: Do you have doors and windows no your home? Do those doors and windows have locks? Perhaps you have an alarm system? Do you allow anyone to walk in and use whatever they want? Without meeting you could I walk into your home without your permission and proceed to eat your food, watch your tv, use your bathroom, sleep in your bed, but not pay the property tax, insurance, mortgage, etc?
The better analogy would be if the kid's dad pulled a Bernie Madoff would you throw the kid in jail too?

Hard for me to fathom how a foreign adoptee brought here when he was three has any culpability for having crummy adoptive parents who neglect to obtain his citizenship like they promised they would as part fo the adoption.
Old    mojo1127            10-31-2016, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
The better analogy would be if the kid's dad pulled a Bernie Madoff would you throw the kid in jail too?

Hard for me to fathom how a foreign adoptee brought here when he was three has any culpability for having crummy adoptive parents who neglect to obtain his citizenship like they promised they would as part fo the adoption.
It's a terrible situation. He should just go to mexico and then walk over the border. he'd be fine. Still curious as to if you let strangers walk in and out of your house at their leisure.
Old    mojo1127            10-31-2016, 7:15 PM Reply   
i'll answer first. yes i lock every entrance into my home. yes I have an alarm. I do not allow anyone to enter my home without my express permission. Yes I am for securing the border. If you are not then you should not have any protections for your home or vehicle or boat.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-01-2016, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
i'll answer first. yes i lock every entrance into my home. yes I have an alarm. I do not allow anyone to enter my home without my express permission. Yes I am for securing the border. If you are not then you should not have any protections for your home or vehicle or boat.
So you think a wall is going to "secure the border"?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
What does any of this have to do with my question?

Should I respond with whether you check your oil level and tire pressure daily? Does your car have a dipstick? Could I open your hood and check your oil too?
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
What does any of this have to do with my question?

Should I respond with whether you check your oil level and tire pressure daily? Does your car have a dipstick? Could I open your hood and check your oil too?
it has to do with you claiming people who want a secure border are zealots aka crazy. I am asking if you secure your own property. If you do then you are a hypocrite. If you would allow a stranger to do the things I mentioned then you are not a hypocrite. I have no way to verify, but I would imagine that you lock your doors, and would not take kindly to coming home to find a family not your own occupying your home. your dipstick analogy is asinine. you know very well what i am getting at with my questions.
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So you think a wall is going to "secure the border"?
i think it will do a much better job than the status quo. This was bill clinton in 1995.

“All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country,” Clinton said during the speech. “The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.”

‘That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens,” he continued.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/04/be...#ixzz4OmjToccB
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
it has to do with you claiming people who want a secure border are zealots aka crazy.
Ahhhh! It's a dictionary problem!

Simple Definition of zealot

: a person who has very strong feelings about something (such as religion or politics) and who wants other people to have those feelings : a zealous person

(note, "crazy" not in the definition)
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ahhhh! It's a dictionary problem!

Simple Definition of zealot

: a person who has very strong feelings about something (such as religion or politics) and who wants other people to have those feelings : a zealous person

(note, "crazy" not in the definition)
really? you're going to act like you didn't mean crazy? that's real cute. would you answer my questions or continue to dodge? Typical liberal bs. I know I'm just a dumb conservative that does not get the nuances of life, but I know what you meant.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
really? you're going to act like you didn't mean crazy? that's real cute. would you answer my questions or continue to dodge? Typical liberal bs. I know I'm just a dumb conservative that does not get the nuances of life, but I know what you meant.
Holy cow, man, that's the common definition from miriam webster! That's a cut and paste from the dictionary. Really. Not sure how you can read nefarious (look it up) motive in to what I wrote.
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Holy cow, man, that's the common definition from miriam webster! That's a cut and paste from the dictionary. Really. Not sure how you can read nefarious (look it up) motive in to what I wrote.
once again, you did not answer my questions. i'll answer what you asked me about tire pressure and dipstick. no i don't check the pressure every day and no you cannot check my oil level. if you did not have a degrading meaning behind using the term zealot you would not have used it at all.

Last edited by mojo1127; 11-01-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
if you did not have a degrading meaning behind using the term zealot you would not have used it at all.
Maybe you can pick apart the rest of my post to reveal its deeper hidden meaning too?

If you meet your lawyer and she tells you she has an ethical duty of zealous advocacy, do you run away in fear of her being a crazy person too?
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe you can pick apart the rest of my post to reveal its deeper hidden meaning too?

If you meet your lawyer and she tells you she has an ethical duty of zealous advocacy, do you run away in fear of her being a crazy person too?
I would still like an answer from you regarding whether or not you secure your home. I am trying to determine if you are a hypocrite or not.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am trying to determine if you are a hypocrite or not.
You are gonna have to connect the dots for me man! If I lock my door at night, what does that have to do with my question earlier in the thread about everyone's thoughts about Adam Crapser?

Where's the hypocrisy?

Methinks you saw the word zealot, misunderstood its common dictionary definition, and you've brought out your axe and really wanna grind it? Grind away my friend, grind away.
Old    mojo1127            11-01-2016, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are gonna have to connect the dots for me man! If I lock my door at night, what does that have to do with my question earlier in the thread about everyone's thoughts about Adam Crapser?

Where's the hypocrisy?

Methinks you saw the word zealot, misunderstood its common dictionary definition, and you've brought out your axe and really wanna grind it? Grind away my friend, grind away.
Please inform me if i am incorrect in assuming you are not for a secure border. Am I wrong? That is what i extrapolated from your "border zealot" comment. We can talk about adam crapser. I feel bad for him. If I were his deportation judge I might have tried to do something to help him stay.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-01-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
Shawn No want to answer simple question! Ill do it for you Yes he locks his doors, And yes he is like most lib's a Hypocrite, See thats the problem with the Social Justice Warriors agenda.

They are always willing to give away someone else's Money, Rights, Place in line as long as it is not theirs
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Please inform me if i am incorrect in assuming you are not for a secure border. Am I wrong? That is what i extrapolated from your "border zealot" comment. We can talk about adam crapser. I feel bad for him. If I were his deportation judge I might have tried to do something to help him stay.
I think I'm "border security meh." I mean yes, it's an issue, we have a border and we should maintain efforts to keep it secure. Is it the most pressing issue facing America? Not even close. If given a choice about where to spend finite resources, is it where I'd suggest spending more money first? No, not at all.

My own personal view is that "The Wall" (tm) and "making America great again" (tm) are PC/socially acceptable code that the poorly educated can use when what they really mean is "America is getting less white and I don't like it."

How come nobody talks about a wall on the canadian border since the Canadians are resettling tens of thousands syrians? Aren't they the most dangerous possible illegal immigrants? How many syrians in Mexico? Like a couple dozen?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Shawn No want to answer simple question! Ill do it for you Yes he locks his doors, And yes he is like most lib's a Hypocrite, See thats the problem with the Social Justice Warriors agenda.

They are always willing to give away someone else's Money, Rights, Place in line as long as it is not theirs
G I'm not sure what this all even means? Are you saying I don't pay taxes? I'm not sure what this "giving other people's money away" concept means?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
But now that we've got all that out of the way -- Grant how do you feel about Crapser's case?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-01-2016, 4:44 PM Reply   
Sorry I don't know enough about it to form a opinion it. But i think the name "Bad Ombré" would be a great name for Tequilla
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think I'm "border security meh." I mean yes, it's an issue, we have a border and we should maintain efforts to keep it secure. Is it the most pressing issue facing America? Not even close. If given a choice about where to spend finite resources, is it where I'd suggest spending more money first? No, not at all.

My own personal view is that "The Wall" (tm) and "making America great again" (tm) are PC/socially acceptable code that the poorly educated can use when what they really mean is "America is getting less white and I don't like it."

How come nobody talks about a wall on the canadian border since the Canadians are resettling tens of thousands syrians? Aren't they the most dangerous possible illegal immigrants? How many syrians in Mexico? Like a couple dozen?
still waiting to hear if you close and lock your door or leave it wide open. Where do you want those finite resources to go? does transgender housing for illegals sound good? cause that's happening. does giving mexico millions of dollars a year even though we get most of their low skilled people and they get alot of our jobs? cause that's happening. does an earned income tax credit for illegals sound good? cause that's happening. does free education for illegals sound good? cause that's happening. how about free welfare benefits for illegals? cause that's happening. where do you want our finite resources to go?
-I would prefer we spend those finite resources on our homeless veterans, the children in THIS country who go hungry, and maybe then deal with other countries bs.

i am all for a wall on the canadian border also. equal application of the law. maybe we can get the mexicans that built their wall with guatemala to build it for us. (yes i know not all illegals are mexican)

Last edited by mojo1127; 11-02-2016 at 6:54 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2016, 8:53 AM Reply   
Mojo, yes I lock my door. To extend your analogy, what I'm saying is that I'm not also investing in another deadbolt when my roof is leaking.

"Free education?" In my state education is funded through property taxes and sales tax. Unavoidable if you pay rent and buy stuff. No test of citizenship or immigration status there.

Rather than indoctrinate and assimilate children (a primary function of our education system), you'd rather have a class of kids who run wild with no education? Do you really believe that all illegal aliens are going to get deported (or that it's even possible)?
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mojo, yes I lock my door. To extend your analogy, what I'm saying is that I'm not also investing in another deadbolt when my roof is leaking.

"Free education?" In my state education is funded through property taxes and sales tax. Unavoidable if you pay rent and buy stuff. No test of citizenship or immigration status there.

Rather than indoctrinate and assimilate children (a primary function of our education system), you'd rather have a class of kids who run wild with no education? Do you really believe that all illegal aliens are going to get deported (or that it's even possible)?
Why do you lock your door? some under privileged people might need to better themselves and need to use your stuff. You think kids were running wild with no education until 1979? I find that fact that you want indoctrination very disturbing. assimilation is fine except they are not assimilating. they are making it so that wearing an american flag shirt to school on the fourth of july is not allowed because it's deemed racist, but many wear mexican flags on cinco de mayo(whole other tangent) I'll give it to you on the property taxes. you are correct. I don't want to start a new tangent on what i think about that as someone with no kids who went to private school. I do not believe they will all get deported because there are so many here we cannot ever find them all. What we can do is stem the flow of new ones arriving.

Last edited by mojo1127; 11-02-2016 at 9:06 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2016, 9:21 AM Reply   
Not sure how they handled it at your free-wheeling private school, mojo, but at my public schools I was definitely indoctrinated into the merits of our democracy. If you don't think standing up every day and pledging allegiance to a flag is indoctrination, you might want to consult the dictionary on that one too. Of course we indoctrinate our youth to our way of life!

Do they use dictionaries in private school or is that just a public school thing? (I kid I kid!)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-02-2016, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why do you lock your door? some under privileged people might need to better themselves and need to use your stuff. You think kids were running wild with no education until 1979? I find that fact that you want indoctrination very disturbing. assimilation is fine except they are not assimilating. they are making it so that wearing an american flag shirt to school on the fourth of july is not allowed because it's deemed racist, but many wear mexican flags on cinco de mayo(whole other tangent) I'll give it to you on the property taxes. you are correct. I don't want to start a new tangent on what i think about that as someone with no kids who went to private school. I do not believe they will all get deported because there are so many here we cannot ever find them all. What we can do is stem the flow of new ones arriving.
Who goes to school on the 4th of July?
Old    deltahoosier            11-02-2016, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Is everyone who is saying that I.D. should be required going to ignore the U.S. Constitution? A poll tax in order to vote is VERY illegal according to the Constitution of the United States of America. I.D. costs money. Requiring something that costs money in order to vote would be a poll tax. Have any of the states who have put forth I.D. requirements for voting offered to give citizens free and unhindered access to the proper I.D.??? Of course they haven't. That's because it isn't actually about voter identification. It's about voter suppression.
Isn't owning a gun in the bill of rights? Yet you have to jump through tons of hoops to have one and getting to be more to keep one.
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Who goes to school on the 4th of July?
my bad. I was slightly confused. http://www.americanfreedomlawcenter....a-high-school/
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure how they handled it at your free-wheeling private school, mojo, but at my public schools I was definitely indoctrinated into the merits of our democracy. If you don't think standing up every day and pledging allegiance to a flag is indoctrination, you might want to consult the dictionary on that one too. Of course we indoctrinate our youth to our way of life!

Do they use dictionaries in private school or is that just a public school thing? (I kid I kid!)
you never answer any substantive questions.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
you never answer any substantive questions.
Which are the substantive ones? Maybe just stick to them without the editorializing?
Old    deltahoosier            11-02-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Delta just go down and vote twice and see what happens
Nope. Not touching that one, though I do get concerned that someone at the end of the day sees I have not shown up and decides to fill in a ballot for me. I am not happy at all about it.
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Which are the substantive ones? Maybe just stick to them without the editorializing?
One question you could answer is where you think our "finite resources" should be spent.
Old    deltahoosier            11-02-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Delta just go down and vote twice and see what happens
Also, my name is spelled differently on both lines. Short then the proper name. I don't think anyone would even know if I was stupid enough to do such a thing. You would have to be motivated to start scrubbing.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
One question you could answer is where you think our "finite resources" should be spent.
Great Q! Policy!

My top 5

1. Infrastructure -- roads, bridges, rail, power grid, connectivity
2. Education -- the future isn't for the poorly educated
3. Energy independence -- I would like to see us "need" the middle east about as much as we need central asia or central africa (i.e. not much). I think getting "us" out of the ME would go a long way towards stabilizing the region.
4. Shoring up social security
5. addressing healthcare costs

I showed you mine, now show us yours.
Old    mojo1127            11-02-2016, 11:20 AM Reply   
Shouldn't our infrastructure be in pretty good shape after all those shovel ready jobs?
education: allow school choice and charter schools
we could be energy independent if the left would let us use our own resources
social security should be optional
allow insurance over state lines to create competition.

as for what i think we should spend tax payer dollars on:
national security, i agree infrastructure, thats about it for the most part.
oh and border walls north and south.

Last edited by mojo1127; 11-02-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-02-2016, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shouldn't our infrastructure be in pretty good shape after all those shovel ready jobs?
Are you referring to the stimulus bill in 2009? It allocated $100B to infrastructure projects, 27.5B to highways and bridges. In contrast the last 5 year highway bill (signed last december) was 300B (so avg 60B a year). If we spend 60B a year to get kinda OK infrastructure, then no, I really doubt that 1/2 of one year's spending extra is going to fix everything. Is that really what you thought?

Quote:
education: allow school choice and charter schools
Don't hate / agree with limited experimentation.

Quote:
we could be energy independent if the left would let us use our own resources
Pretty sure the people of Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Pennsylvania would tell you that the cost per barrel of oil and per therm of natural gas has a lot more to do with production than getting permission from "the left".

Quote:
social security should be optional
Optional for whom? It's always had a pay-as-you-go component, so allowing current workers to opt out would result in a broke (i.e. unable to make payments) system. Lots of voters rely on the system so any true fix will require the buy-in of the elderly. What's your actual plan that could get approved?

Quote:
allow insurance over state lines to create competition.
seems reasonable. I'm pretty ignorant about interstate health insurance law.

Quote:
as for what i think we should spend tax payer dollars on:
national security, i agree infrastructure, thats about it for the most part.
oh and border walls north and south.
National security is a big umbrella. Any specifics? Keep things exactly as they are? Spend more/less in particular areas? Where does the money come from for the Canadian wall?