Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-27-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
Finally got about 22 hours behind the wheel and boat and wanted to share a little info with everybody. Maybe a little late since it seems the SR is taking over the SC for 2017. Sold my 2016 Craz demo and went through a few others pretty quickly but settled in this SC till the end of the season or it sales. This SC is fully loaded from tower to trailer since it is the leftover from the 2015 boat show.

Engine: Yep this one is upgraded to the Raptor 575 super charged of awesome. The response with this motor is out of control even when fully loaded with ballast. Coming at high elevation (4000 - 6000 ft) boating it seems this motor is a great upgrade for the costs. Hole shot will throw you from the front of the boat to the back while smiling the whole time. Even at a steady cruise of 25 mph it still throws you back in your seat as it accelerates to 40 MPH. Not having to struggle out of the hole it seems the gas consumption is similar to the Raptor 400 but I haven't done a MPG study. Was able to go the whole weekend on one tank of gas during our recent Lake Powell visit even with long cruises up lake.

Seating: This is my favorite part except the wake in this 21.5 foot boat. Massive free board which makes the interior very deep and comfortable to sit in. 2 guests last weekend mentioned how nice it was to have a back rest while boating and not pressure on the lower back. The bow is a decent size and 2 adults have plenty of room and not crowded from a traditional bow shape. Fit and finish is amazing and really well thought out with flip up seating to revile storage for small items, garbage can, cooler, and even access to storage from the bow. Captains chair is HUGE and plenty of room for even the taller people and no knee knocking on the dash. Add power seat and heated seat and everybody at the helm is happy. Rear of the boat has step down seating with seadeck material which keeps traction even while being wet. The two rear steps flip up for small wet storage that I use to put my flip flops in. Down side to the step down is the wave when stopping will hit them every time and this allows water into your bilge. The SC also has the sun pad walk through that takes most the abuse from from riders in and out and a great add on.

Driving experience: This is another area that the SC shines! Like said above there's tons of space for just the driver and a lot of leg room to where we even store our camera and wife's purse under the helm. The dash was so thought out it seems like everything is in the right place for easy touch or flipping the back up switches. Only way to sum up this SC with the big motor is comparing it to a Ferrari. It shoots out of the hole like you wouldn't believe then turns better then any boat I have drove, even the duel rudder EPIC. With the GPS cruise on and a quick turn around the SC stays at speed and ready for more. 100% dry ride since the boat sits so far out of the water. Have to give an A+ for this area.

Ballast: For a 21.5 foot boat this thing sinks with 2900 pounds of ballast. Rear trunks are 200 lb hard tanks then 750 bags on top. Mid hard tank for 500 lbs and IBS in the bow for another 500. At such high elevation as UT you will need the bigger engine to push full ballast to wake speeds. Surf with the smaller motor isn't a problem at all.

Wakes: Here's where it gets good! The wakeboard wake at 23.5 MPH is out of this world and on the steep side. Being a fan of the old 210 it's pretty comparable with a little better transition. It's a little wide but I'm still able to ride 75' at 23.5 MPH with no problem. Not 100% on the surf yet since wake is the priority. We've used the presets for surf and it was easy to ride either side at 10.8 MPH

Stereo: I've never been a fan of needing the biggest and loudest system on the market. This Supra comes equipped with pretty decent gear and is perfect for my style. Tower speakers have been upgraded to Roswell Neptune 8.0 and man their loud and clear. Also with 8 Kenwood interior speakers and a 10" pioneer sub all on amps it rocks. You get 3 area to control the radio from 2 head units and then the Vision Touch. AUX, USB, Bluetooth, SAT it has it all. Makes having any device on the boat able to play without a problem.

Vision Touch: This computer system a very user friendly and you control the whole boat by pushing buttons. I've found the percentage filled on ballast is timers so it will need to be adjusted to what ballast you have. Having the factory presets like ballast, riders, drivers, etc. is wonderful and customizable. Heck you even have profiles for the radio depending what your doing and how loud you want the radio. Having the back up toggle switches is truly a peice of mind if the vision goes down. The switches take away from the "clean" look but I like the idea of still having full control just in case. End of the day I push a back to dock button and just drive.

I have to give all the thanks to Skiers Choice and www.marine-products.com for trusting me to take these wonderful boats and share them with the public. Will be hard to sale this one or turn it in at the end of the season. Truly a wonderful boat, let me know if you're interested in more info about the sale.
Name:  14344824_342007626189852_2617797764724418423_n.jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  62.3 KB
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       09-27-2016, 1:26 PM Reply   
Yah, supra will be my next boat. Absolutely love them in every way. Good write up.. did you find anything you didn't like except the price of course?
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-27-2016, 3:00 PM Reply   
Good stuff thanks for the review.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-27-2016, 9:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Good write up.. did you find anything you didn't like except the price of course?
Happy to say a fully loaded SC with the 575 Roush supercharged motor for only $95,000! Certainly not your average buyer but will catch lower end buyers eyes for a Supra.

Last edited by downfortheride; 09-27-2016 at 9:49 PM.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       09-28-2016, 6:11 AM Reply   
95k? really? i had one priced this summer with the smaller motor option with options but not all for 119k
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-28-2016, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
95k? really? i had one priced this summer with the smaller motor option with options but not all for 119k
YEP! Brand new 2015 left over and my shop is ready to move it at all costs. $95k is the magic number to find a new owner.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-28-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
Great review DFTR! Not to be bragadocious but we got our 15' SE450 for less than $95K with 0 hours on the clock. I think we may have gotten the deal of a century.

I'd love to experience the holeshot with a 550 in that boat.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-28-2016, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Great review DFTR! Not to be bragadocious but we got our 15' SE450 for less than $95K with 0 hours on the clock. I think we may have gotten the deal of a century. I'd love to experience the holeshot with a 550 in that boat.
I got the pleasure of using a 2016 SC450 for awhile this summer and I really liked it. It wouldn't push full ballast in UT but it was awesome. Congrats on the SE, it's a wonderful boat and a looker on the water.
The 575 is really something else and worth the $$$$$ here in high elevation. If you get the chance to drive one DO IT!
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-28-2016, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
I got the pleasure of using a 2016 SC450 for awhile this summer and I really liked it. It wouldn't push full ballast in UT but it was awesome. Congrats on the SE, it's a wonderful boat and a looker on the water.
The 575 is really something else and worth the $$$$$ here in high elevation. If you get the chance to drive one DO IT!
Here in Tennessee the 450 does the trick. Going to be throwing on a bigger prop here in the offseason though. 450 doesn't quite like full ballast and 8+ people in the boat with the current prop
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-28-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
Also what's going to be the new whip for next year?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-28-2016, 10:51 AM Reply   
Just noticed I never threw up a pictures of the interior... OOPS!
Name:  IMG_0696.JPG
Views: 1786
Size:  114.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0698.JPG
Views: 1810
Size:  105.7 KB
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-28-2016, 5:47 PM Reply   
Beautiful boat, no doubt!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-28-2016, 6:10 PM Reply   
Dude how disgustingly loud are the neptunes??
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2016, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also what's going to be the new whip for next year?
Not sure, it's all up to the shop and what they want to work out for 2017.
Quote:
Dude how disgustingly loud are the neptunes??
Not really sure, I'm more for in boat sound then out on the water. I hate to blast music and I really don't listen to it while riding. Plus side is the new owner will get barely used Neptunes, LOL.

Also digging around i found all inlets for water are on valves. 1st boat that I have seen that you can shut off all water if you ever have a problem A+ for Supra in adding this piece of mind to their boats.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-30-2016, 7:18 PM Reply   
Can i ask a dumb question? why would they bother putting in a 200lb hard tank? why not just skip the hard tankt and put a large bag in? 200lb???
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-01-2016, 12:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Not sure, it's all up to the shop and what they want to work out for 2017.

Not really sure, I'm more for in boat sound then out on the water. I hate to blast music and I really don't listen to it while riding. Plus side is the new owner will get barely used Neptunes, LOL.

Also digging around i found all inlets for water are on valves. 1st boat that I have seen that you can shut off all water if you ever have a problem A+ for Supra in adding this piece of mind to their boats.
I'm pretty sure you've been around a lot of boats. In all your years, you're saying that it's a special thing that every inlet has a valve? Cripes, which boat doesn't have them???
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-01-2016, 5:15 AM Reply   
^ this is part of the NMMA certification process, they all have them with the exception of maybe MB
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-01-2016, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can i ask a dumb question? why would they bother putting in a 200lb hard tank? why not just skip the hard tankt and put a large bag in? 200lb???
You got me one this one... My guess to maximize the the area for weight with a bag on top. The 750 bags take up the entire locker and under the corner seat in the cabin area. Extra 200 under the floor takes it to 950 per corner. Their could be a more educated answer on this...
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you've been around a lot of boats. In all your years, you're saying that it's a special thing that every inlet has a valve? Cripes, which boat doesn't have them???
I should have worded it differently I guess... First higher end boat I really dug around to see this option. I know back when my MB didn't have it and didn't notice my Moomba had them either. If everybody's doing this I give a standing ovation since I added it on my 2012 just in case back when. I guess when I get a chance to be on other boats I don't dig around like a kid that lost his favorite toy.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-11-2016, 8:22 AM Reply   
Well I finally got a chance to surf the SC and I'm pretty amazed coming from a rookie. Regular was stupid easy to setup which is that way in most boats I have heard. Took a little playing with the surf system and weight to get the goofy side looking and riding perfect. A boat that should be in the 22' market but measures 21' 8" don't get the looks from customers since it's not a true 22' boat. Had a new guest on the Supra this weekend and asked if it was a 23' boat... I had to chuckle.

Name:  14639858_361404330916848_3715538179172183131_n.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  68.2 KB