Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Thanks to Tige, WWS ,Squids Wake and of course Wake9.com, we had our first Wakesurf competition here in Colorado over the weekend and it was an absolute blast! If the tour is near you, you should definitely go and enter! If you're an amateur like me, take advantage of the Pro Clinics and polish up on your skills, get some riding time behind that powerful Z3 wave and then compete on Sat/Sun!

I met a ton of new people, Rob and Jeanine Harrington, the Kinsey's, Dennis Horton and of course the Garcia family who absolutely put their heart and soul into this sport. I did a clinic with Chris Kinsey and made a lot of progress on my riding and was able to grab a 2nd place finish in the Men's Amateur group. He is a great instructor as well as a great rider.

The Z3 wave was dialed in and ready for the pro's but us Amateur's got to experience it too and all I can say is . No sexual innuendo intended but it was big, long, and powerful!

We got a lot of compliments about our venue here in Colorado. The event was held in a cove that has a bluff overlooking the entire course and the spectators had a pretty good view so that they could see all of the action.

Like I said, if the Endless Wave Tour is coming through your area or within a reasonable distance, please go check it out and support the sport, you won't regret it! Thanks again to everyone that put in the effort, we loved it!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-25-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
It was a damn good weekend. Glad we decided to attend!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
Sounds like it went off a bit better then the WCO stop#1, don't get me wrong, we had a good time, just very dissapointed that we didn't get to ride on Sunday. Kinda killed all the fun........
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-25-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
It was a bummer, no doubt. When we were cleaning up and loading, there were sustained 40mph at times, and then it would calm down some, but still gust constantly. It was a rough weekend. There was some wind at the WWS, but just enough to be annoying, not enough to cause any real problems. It was a great venue.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-25-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
This venue was top notch!! Fantastic view of the
entire course.
Attached Images

Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-25-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
Another view
Attached Images

Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-25-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
View from the rider staging dock
Attached Images

Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       06-25-2013, 10:06 PM Reply   
Looks like it was a super nice spot. Yeah it was a real bummer that we got blown out for the sunday runs at the WCO. I was so excited for the longboard class. How did everyone like the longboard class in Colorado?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
The longboard class was super cool! I wish I had known what that was all about and I would have entered even though I would have had to compete against Lovett and Tollie (i.e.- no chance of beating those guys for me). Ford made his own board and Lovett decided to start out on it while carrying a Soulcraft longboard and then do a board swap. He didn't pull it off but it was cool. He also tried a Lovett roll on the longboard and IMO, if the wind wasn't blowing, he would have landed it, he was so close.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-26-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
So much fun....so many new faces.....So much surfing!

This was a true example of what I see the EWT being...friendship builder, Family environment, Good weather (thanks the gods on that one, little windy on sun but I'll take it) and a great wave!

To see the entire event transform from clinics on thur-fri to comp on sat-sun was a true team effort..

I owe a lot of thanks to all of our volunteers and sponsors but most to the people that came out and took advantage of the event.

The EWT is built for everyone!