Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-27-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Comparing wake only, is one better than the other?

We are looking at a newer used V drive now and I have a 2005 Mastercraft Maristar 210 for around the same price as a Mobius LSV same year.

I would assume the MC is better quality fit and finish but wake is more important.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
i had a 2004 Mobius LSV, im pretty sure they made no changes between the 04-05 models, the wake was ok.... on top of stock ballast i would throw an extra 500lb bag in the bow and it should be pretty decent.

when they change the beam, length, and pretty much did an overhaul for the 2006-2008 models i bought the 2006 and it throws a sick wake, add a 500lb ski locker bag in the bow and it one of the best wakes i've riden behind. i would compare it to all the "big dogs"

now i believe the maristar 210 is the same platform for alot of the X-series. My buddy that i used to ride on almost daily basis had a 2004 X-10 which im pretty sure was built off the 210. It was a nice clean wake, i would probably go with this boat if it were the same price, its better for seating, the wake is cleaner, there are little amenities that are a lil better.

you could probably get the wake in the moomba to be more "poppy" but the mastercraft will be smoother. if you had to decide on an 06-08 mobius model i would go with that, but those years im leaning towards the mastercraft even though im a HUGE moomba supporter.

also make sure which boat has what kinda options, little things def count like: auto ballast, perfect pass, heater, etc.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-28-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
In that case, the Maristar should have a little better wake. If you can find an 06 or newer LSV in your price rance, it's a completely different hull and the wake is sick behind it. It's one of the best wakes out there.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-28-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
thanks for the feedback on the lsv