Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-17-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, I was just wondering what I might be able to get for my boat as I may upgrade this winter to a newer Sanger or something else. I don't see many 230's on the market, so just wanted to maybe get a ballpark number what people might pay for it.

Engine:
Merc 350 motor - 385 hours. - Runs super clean, never hesitates, always starts right up.
2 Full Marine batteries.

Ballast:
Brand new fully automated 2000 lb. Ballast system.
2 Johnson Ultra Ballast Reversible Pumps - plumbed into the front and rear sacs as well as a shower / hose for fitting extra bags.
2 rear 750 Fly High Pro X Series Fat Sacs
1 450 lb. front ski locker bag
misc. ballast bags for adding weight.

Stereo:
Pioneer Head
4 Exile SXT65 on the floor
Exile Xi800.4 Multi channel amp
12" JL Sub
JL Audio 500/1 amp
Infinity 6100M's Tower Speakers

Brand new Corinthian Marine carpet, super plush.
Brand new marine grade main floor panel that covers gas tank. Old one was showing some wear, so I sanded and re-glassed floor where needed.
Seat base was sanded down and re-painted from black to white.

Proflight Chubby tower and Monster wakeboard / surf racks
Acme 525 prop as well as a 4-blade spare
Overall vinyl is in very good condition, some wear marks, but nothing major.

The boat is great and most likely won't sell it, but just wanted to put it out there...
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-17-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
beautiful! Without speed control I'd think high 20s? With speed control 30ish?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-17-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Boat looks nice. REally clean. Does it have the 315hp merc mag or the 330hp black scorpion? Just so you know the tower is not the chubby unless you have changed since you took those pictures. I would say probably right around 25k or so.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-17-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
My bad, you're right, it's not the Chubby tower... No speed control and it has the Merc Mag, not black scorpion.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-17-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
Probably 22-25 this time of year through the winter and maybe 24-27 in the spring/early summer.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-17-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
25-27 seems to be in line with what i was thinking as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-17-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
Brett is usually on the money and I think he is on this too. List it for $25K and see what kind of action you get.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-17-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
I have no plans to sell it right now, too much season left here in SoCal. If anything I will sell it next year.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-18-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
Tom, your pics don't do justice to how clean your boat really is. I think you could get a solid 25 for it, but it will be someone who will appreciate the ballast setup. I need to swing by and see your completed work one day. But if you add perfect pass, put an acme 911 and put some lead up front, I'd see no reason to sell it!
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
What's up Eric, thanks for the compliment, yeah, it's so nice to have everything done. The stereo sounds great and the ballast system adds a lot of weight and makes an Awesome wake, I'm still trying to get the surf wake dialed. I'm not really interested in selling, it was more to get a gauge on the worth of it. I'm actually going to get a 911 soon. I'm putting the 525 on this weekend that I have to see how that is compared to what's on there now. We're heading out to Piru early Sunday morning, are you around or working?
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
Tommy - were you at Castaic last Sunday? I have a red Sanger 210 and was saw a blue one on the water ---- thought it may be you. My wife was saying the next one....lol... was going to be blue. Don't want to hi-jack the thread - but are you putting both of the 750's in one rear locker for surfing?
Old     (SteveW)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-18-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Awesome looking boat. The only big downside I can see is not having the Black Scorpion. I have a V210 with the mag 350 and its great for that. Stepping up to a v215 you really need the Black Scorpion since its a foot longer and wider. With the V230 being even a bigger boat that the V215 it hard to believe it doesn't come standard with the BS. That would probably be the deal breaker for me as you start to limit your market. Its like buying a 1 ton dually pickup with a gasser engine. Other than that, if its priced accordingly someone will take it based on how clean it is and it might fit their situation for what they need.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
Tommy - were you at Castaic last Sunday? I have a red Sanger 210 and was saw a blue one on the water ---- thought it may be you. My wife was saying the next one....lol... was going to be blue. Don't want to hi-jack the thread - but are you putting both of the 750's in one rear locker for surfing?
Hey Tom, no, I wasn't at Castaic last weekend, wish I was, but had other things going on. I am running a 750 in each locker. I have a 400 that I am going to add on top of the 750 to see how that works out as well as another 750 that I may put on the floor too.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Awesome looking boat. The only big downside I can see is not having the Black Scorpion. I have a V210 with the mag 350 and its great for that. Stepping up to a v215 you really need the Black Scorpion since its a foot longer and wider. With the V230 being even a bigger boat that the V215 it hard to believe it doesn't come standard with the BS. That would probably be the deal breaker for me as you start to limit your market. Its like buying a 1 ton dually pickup with a gasser engine. Other than that, if its priced accordingly someone will take it based on how clean it is and it might fit their situation for what they need.
Thanks for the feedback Steven. Can I ask what the major difference between the BS and the Mag is? I know there is a slight horsepower increase, but what else? I think the 230 is only 10 inches longer and 4 inches wider than a 215.

Last edited by twelve02; 08-18-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: additional questions
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
The boat does look insanely clean. It should fetch about as high a price as a Sanger V230 should get.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-18-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
That boat looks like new!
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
That boat looks like new!
It does have some minor scratches and wear marks on it, but yes overall it is really clean. I just spent a good 8 weeks upgrading the entire interior.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Tommy - we ran a 750 and a 400 in the port side locker last weekend with a 500 in the front locker. Wake looked pretty good but close to the boat. We are going to Naci this weekend and are going to play with it to see if we can get it longer.

Problem with the 210 with the 1200 lbs in the rear is that you can't slow down fast or the boat gets swamped. If I turn too soon (into the starboard side) the nose will get swamped with rogue roller. (Ask my wife who was sitting up front.....lol).
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
Tommy - we ran a 750 and a 400 in the port side locker last weekend with a 500 in the front locker. Wake looked pretty good but close to the boat. We are going to Naci this weekend and are going to play with it to see if we can get it longer.

Problem with the 210 with the 1200 lbs in the rear is that you can't slow down fast or the boat gets swamped. If I turn too soon (into the starboard side) the nose will get swamped with rogue roller. (Ask my wife who was sitting up front.....lol).
I'm sure your wife was less than thrilled... Yeah, the 230 seems to have a pretty high freeboard so I have yet to swamp the nose, though I know with a ton of weight it's easily accomplished. Gonna play around with it some more this weekend.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Excellent - we will report our findings. I'd like to check out what you did with your carpet and plywood sometime - its my project for the winter. Have fun at Piru
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-18-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
25k sounds about right, due to the length, hours, options, and from pics - great condition.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
Not sure I 100% agree with the black scorpion vs mag comment. The mag is 315 HP, the BS is 330 HP, and since mercruiser won't publish their torque curves, that could be up for debate.

315 mag with the right prop would push this boat just fine, just wouldn't be the fastest thing out there. If you're worried about top end, you've got the wrong hull!
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-18-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by getssum View Post
Not sure I 100% agree with the black scorpion vs mag comment. The mag is 315 HP, the BS is 330 HP, and since mercruiser won't publish their torque curves, that could be up for debate.

315 mag with the right prop would push this boat just fine, just wouldn't be the fastest thing out there. If you're worried about top end, you've got the wrong hull!
I know that when i have 1500# of weight and 5 people, the Mag has no problem getting up. I think that when I put on a 911 it will be even better. I'm not worried about top-speed much. The only time it would be nice would be at Lake Powell, but even then, I really don't want to run at WOT anyway.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2011, 9:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by getssum View Post

Totally agree. The 350mag is a great motor, quieter, cheaper and I believe more torque where it counts than the 330hp scorp. 6.2L black scorp on the other hand is a beast.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-19-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
There's a couple up here in NoCal....Craigslist...$29 & $27k!