Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Any solution for spiders all over my boat. There are st least 10,887,452 spiders under my cover every single morning. I almost wonder if it would be better to leave it uncovered? Or is there any solution tohelp this
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-02-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
I battled this for a while...only thing you can do is keep the dock area hosed down and clean. They like to live under the dock where it is damp and darker. I used to get in the water with a life jacket and pressure wash under the dock.
Old     (JR_88)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-02-2017, 2:41 PM Reply   
I tried the solution of coconut oil and vinegar with a 2:1 ratio and seemed to do well, unfortunately it will likely take multiple applications over several days to keep them away long enough. Unfortunately the coconut oil hardens so you'll need to microwave the mixture to be able to spray it if you make a large enough batch.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
Try this stuff. Dilute it and spray it in a pump up sprayer all over your dock/ boathouse. Works great at my place just avoid getting it in the water. Not sure how environmentally friendly it is!
Attached Images

Last edited by brett33; 08-02-2017 at 2:45 PM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-02-2017, 4:22 PM Reply   
I have a multi boat dock and have found straight up home defense and I spray my cover inside and out, then just once a week the outside and around the dock. no more spiders, still get a few, but rare.
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-02-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Hula boat care makes a spider repellent. I ordered some and will try it when it arrives. Hula makes some great products so I am sure this one will be good as well
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-04-2017, 2:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
There are st least 10,887,452 spiders under my cover...
my guess you over counted not all of them - at least one or two were left out of this counting. They will be excited!
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-04-2017, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugh2surf View Post
Hula boat care makes a spider repellent. I ordered some and will try it when it arrives. Hula makes some great products so I am sure this one will be good as well
I'm curious how well this works. Let us know what you think.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-04-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Try peppermint oil and water mixed in a spray bottle. Spray it around the dock. People swear by this. I don't have the spider problem on my dock but many people who do told me this works very well.
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-04-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
I'm curious how well this works. Let us know what you think.

I will let you guys know although I don't keep my boat on dock but do sometimes get spiders on it. So this might not be as big of a problem for me.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2017, 5:16 AM Reply   
Im a landscaper and have my pesticide license so here's my 2c. Search amazon for Bifenthrin. Same stuff the guy posted above. Don't be afraid of chemicals they do their job. You can spray that stuff everywhere just follow he label. It works.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-07-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Manually remove the spider webs in addition to the chemicals. Works like a charm: chemical every month to two months and manual removal for the hardcore every week.