Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-05-2017, 5:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard of supra redesigning the SE at all? I will be ready to trade at the end of this season and would love to stay with supra but love the walkthrough of a G23.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-05-2017, 6:26 PM Reply   
There's no talk of redesign that I know of. The walk through is cool until there is water pouring through it into cabin area.
Old     (Rusty1977)      Join Date: Mar 2017       04-05-2017, 6:31 PM Reply   
Or the g23 prop breaks off and sinks due to "unknown reasons". Check out their forum.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-05-2017, 7:10 PM Reply   
Say what? I need to google.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-05-2017, 8:02 PM Reply   
I have had problems with the rear seats on my se550, the ones that flip up at the stern. They ripped last year at the seams and the dealer replaced them for me but i just can't see them replacing them every year from people stepping on them.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-05-2017, 9:09 PM Reply   
Supra has had their head in the right place for a while now.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-06-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimie View Post
I have had problems with the rear seats on my se550, the ones that flip up at the stern. They ripped last year at the seams and the dealer replaced them for me but i just can't see them replacing them every year from people stepping on them.
That is a common thing on a lot of boats. Seen it on Axis, Malibu too.

Just keep your Dealer in the loop and they should work with you. Document it all.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-06-2017, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1977 View Post
Or the g23 prop breaks off and sinks due to "unknown reasons". Check out their forum.
Sinks??

The couple of boats that broke shafts didn't sink..... the only G23 that sank, and was posted on the forum, was one that got swept off its lift and smashed into a a concrete wall repeatedly during a nasty wind storm....... let's not get carried away here.
Old     (Rusty1977)      Join Date: Mar 2017       04-06-2017, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Sinks??

The couple of boats that broke shafts didn't sink..... the only G23 that sank, and was posted on the forum, was one that got swept off its lift and smashed into a a concrete wall repeatedly during a nasty wind storm....... let's not get carried away here.

The prop. The prop. Of course the boat did not sink. Sorry for being clear on that.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-06-2017, 7:49 PM Reply   
My friend just got a g23 and there are things about it I like. There is much more that I like about my supra than his Nautique. I just wish supra would come out with some kind of walk through, getting to the back of the boat can be tough sometimes. And all under floor ballast would be awesome!!
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       04-06-2017, 8:05 PM Reply   
Anyone that knows how to drive a boat won't have issues with water pouring through, just come off plane in a slight turn and you'll never see a drop. I'll take that over walking all over vinyl any day.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-06-2017, 9:31 PM Reply   
The walk through on the Nautique is nice I will admit last boat was a 230. I am going to use the space above the engine on the Supra for storage something similer to this ? There is approximately 10 inches of space depth wise. Planning on putting anchor and bouys and ropes in there.

The below picture is of a Malibu and I believe it had the 575. The Supra has more space then what is shown below if you have the 450.

Last edited by Davewfo; 04-06-2017 at 9:33 PM.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-07-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Jeff, I think you will be pretty excited about what Supra has coming down the pipe for 2018
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-07-2017, 6:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Jeff, I think you will be pretty excited about what Supra has coming down the pipe for 2018
New SE?! Guess I'll have to prep the 15 for trade in
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-07-2017, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Thanks tyler I will tell you I love my supra way more than my buddies nautique. Looking forward to whats coming next!!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-09-2017, 7:40 AM Reply   
Supra has a walk through on the SE, it's definitely not as wide but goes through the rear same as a G... So you can't keep your crew on the sea deck and not the seats, is really your issue?
If something like that is what makes you determine your Boat than go Nautique by all means. No plans for SE changes next year from my understanding... BUT....
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-09-2017, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truekaotik View Post
Supra has a walk through on the SE, it's definitely not as wide but goes through the rear same as a G... So you can't keep your crew on the sea deck and not the seats, is really your issue?
If something like that is what makes you determine your Boat than go Nautique by all means. No plans for SE changes next year from my understanding... BUT....

Agree 100%. And no SE won't change for 18 as far as I know but some cool stuff will be coming as Tyler said.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-09-2017, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truekaotik View Post

Definitely not a "walk through" maybe a walk on? It is the most awkward step up and back down onto a 6 inch step pad. The nautique is definitely the easier of the boats to access the rear of the boat. NOT considering a Nautique just commenting that I wish supra would come out with something similar to that to access the rear of the boat.

Definitely would not consider that a walk through!
Attached Images