Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Seanald76)      Join Date: Jun 2017       06-20-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
I don't know if anyone has actually said what their favorite surf is. I currently ride a Hyperlite Quad with just 2 fins and they are the smaller fins (1.5"?) it makes it nice and loose but still fun to ride. It's like a hybrid of its own. Has anyone else found a board that rides fast and really responsive that doesn't feel like its 10' long?
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-20-2017, 7:12 PM Reply   
Plenty of them haha..

Personally I ride à Soulcraft. Custom built for what I really want with 2 medium fins (3") from Chaos Surf Co.
Custom built board really makes the difference. Soulcraft, Chaos, Victoria even Doomswell instead they moved out..
They are passionate people they put heart and passion in their product and we feel it.

Hyperlite quad is a very good board instead, even one of the best. You probably would like the Ronix powertail honeycomb. Pretty similar boards.
But if you want to upgrade I really suggest you to go custom. Just because you already have a high grade classic board. Next level is custom lol.

Jeff from Soulcraft is really there for his customer. Guide you perfectly based on what you said and what you want from your board.

If you prefer skim style Victoria are insane. Loved the Victoria Captain. It's like the most surfstyle skimboard.
Personally I prefer to have a surfstyle board and be capable to add, remove, modify some fins to change the style.
But some people prefer skimboard with really good surfstyle condition (like the Victoria Captain)

It really depends on what you want and what you need.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-21-2017, 5:36 AM Reply   
I agree with Mike, those people really do care about the customer but also the sport. I would also include Inland surf custom built boards. Bryce really cares about growing the sport.
I have tried many boards, hyperlite, ronic, phase 5, and even my own. I would have to say my favorite by far is CHaos. I ride the ringer and I love it! Its also amazing looking board. In my area we have pretty much only the boat dealers selling boards, and they do phase 5 liquid force, no real custom boards. I am a bigger guy so I love my CHAOS. Nick there also is very knowledgeable about the sport, I was able to make 4 boards so far my self. All smaller ones that my friends ride. They love the smaller ones, but like I said we have no real boards here for them to demo So I guess mine will do. My chaos is very fast as well, since my buddy went to fast and hit the back of the boat put a little ding in it.

I agree it depends on what you want but I can say that everyone who sees my board from Chaos they cant stop complimenting the looks and detail.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-25-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
I am 205lbs....and got a Doomswell Neo in 4' 8". I just use the 2, larger fins (removed the smaller back fins). Board is super fast and I really enjoy riding it. I started on a skim style so when I first started riding the Neo, it almost felt too fast....like I was always on the brakes. But once I got used to it, I was able to ride further back.
A buddy brought a Byerly Hazard on boat a few weeks ago, not as thick as my Neo. It felt right in the middle of my 2 boards, very agile carving and pumping on the wave...loved it. I am in fact looking for a used one to buy.
Lot of it is going to depend on your weight and style of riding tho. Hard to beat getting a custom board but you are also gonna pay big money for that. Try to demo before you buy so you don't end up with something you don't love! I know my dealer will let you demo board for a day or 2 for like $50....if you buy the money goes toward the sale. Maybe someone near you has that option?
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       06-26-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
I have tried many factory made boards. I just got my soulcraft voodoo. It is night and day different. Worth the money!