Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-15-2017, 1:11 PM Reply   
Stored my boat as per usual winterized it...

This spring opened her up, reconnected all the water lines, it cranks forever, will not start.

it doesn't even seem to try to start it just cranks and cranks and cranks...

never experienced anything like this before.. where do I even start?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2017, 1:14 PM Reply   
When you click the key over from the off position do you hear the fuel pump kick on for a second?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-15-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Fuel pump could be bad. Check the safety lanyard also
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-15-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
To both above, lanyard is in, fuel pump runs, i even cycled it 5 or 6 times to ensure the injectors had fuel.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-15-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
Plugs? Distributor cap and rotor?
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-15-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
Check to make sure you have spark.....make sure your fuel is not turned off for some reason....if both of those are good,, perhaps you have ethenol fuel that went bad? Sounds like its fuel injected per your comment above and not a carb so you dont need a re-build. But if you have spark and you know you are getting fuel and its not starting, I would drain gas and put fresh fuel in with new plugs, cap and rotor if you are sure the fuel pump is working.
If it ran fine when you put it up, its likely something simple that is being overlooked. Good luck, that is the worst feeling, been there.
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-15-2017, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitysurf View Post
Check to make sure you have spark.....make sure your fuel is not turned off for some reason....if both of those are good,, perhaps you have ethenol fuel that went bad? Sounds like its fuel injected per your comment above and not a carb so you dont need a re-build. But if you have spark and you know you are getting fuel and its not starting, I would drain gas and put fresh fuel in with new plugs, cap and rotor if you are sure the fuel pump is working.
If it ran fine when you put it up, its likely something simple that is being overlooked. Good luck, that is the worst feeling, been there.

Going to check for spark tomorrow and hope it is something simple.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-16-2017, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitysurf View Post
Was going to suggest bad gas as well. I have seen gas go bad in as little as 3 weeks...
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-16-2017, 6:37 AM Reply   
I believe with bad gas the engine would turnover and sputter out. That was my experience with spoiled gas after winter storage.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-16-2017, 6:44 AM Reply   
any codes?
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-16-2017, 6:47 AM Reply   
I am 200km away right now, but marina is going to check for spark this morning...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-16-2017, 8:01 AM Reply   
check pressure on fuel rail. should be 40 to 50 psi. should hear pump(s) prime fuel system.
check ignition system. wires/plugs/dizzy. make sure all wires connected from cap to plugs, check voltage at cap. check bright blue spark to block

any weird issues at end of season? my fuel pumps gave me lots of warning signs before they went out.

takes a LOT longer than 1 winter for gas to go bad. if you were driving the boat last year, should be absolutely no problem with that same fuel. It's your $$, but don't drain a full tank of gas just yet. you have electrical or fuel delivery problems. nothing wrong with the fuel
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       05-16-2017, 8:15 AM Reply   
By pass the lanyard,some can be pretty finicky. Gt40 have 2 pumps so the hp could go on but the lp could be bad check pressure at rail.
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       05-23-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
So marina says the distrbutor is rotted out, guess it stayed a little moist...
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       05-23-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
Oh man.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-24-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
a trace of moisture is enough to leave everything corroded after sitting a few months. easy fix.