Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    Wakesurfmax            04-23-2017, 3:41 PM Reply   
Looking to buy a wakesurf boat budget is under 10k, my idea is to buy a inboard and buy a nauticurl or does anybody know any other cheap devices that actually work, I herd these shapers work better than having a ton of weight to one one side and almost sinking your boat, but mostly looking for a inboard that can produce a surfable wave I herd a deep v is good and high free board , but can someone point me to a model?? Thanks
Old    Wakesurfmax            04-23-2017, 3:42 PM Reply   
Heard*^
Old    Wakesurfmax            04-23-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
Also do u need perfect pass or wedge ???
Old    Wakesurfmax            04-23-2017, 4:18 PM Reply   
Also if anyone is in the wi/mn area and are selling let me know
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       04-23-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
At that budget, you're going to be stuck with a direct drive and throwing bags all over the inside of your boat and pumps over the side.

A supra sunsport would be a good boat to find. You are looking for the direct drives that have lots of freeboard. lots of threads on "budget wakeboard boats".

Yes, you'll need a suck gate or something like it. Perfect pass is nice and wonderfully convenient, but it's not a necessity. It just makes it a ton easier to maintain a consistent speed for the driver.

There are other models out there that might fit what you're looking for, but for $10k you're barely in the market. You'll be lucky to find something that has a tower. But they're out there. my first boat was right at that price point. Good luck.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       04-23-2017, 8:11 PM Reply   
and don't think that a surf device like a suck gate or any of the variations thereof will get you a decent wave without having to put a decent amount of WEIGHT in your boat. With a direct drive, aim at 1500 to 2000 pounds of ballast to get yourself a surfable wave, even with a suck gate.
Old    Wakesurfmax            04-23-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
Thanks, any other models?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2017, 10:36 PM Reply   
You could look into the V-drive version of a Barefoot Nautique or an Excel. The Barefoot comes with a big block which helps with ballast/weight. Both of those boats are sleepers that not many people know about unless they've been around boats for awhile. Your options are pretty limited with that budget unless you're looking for a project boat.
Old     (macpres)      Join Date: Jul 2016       04-24-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
Limited budget but possible, everyone is correct with about 2k lbs of weight and an inboard. Trying to find a old crossover boat like the sun sport or something would be best as the hills will be shaped better for surfing. Make sure to check the stringers for rot as well. Good luck!