Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-17-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
Since we just purchased a new T23 my family and friends are looking to try out surfing. We spend most of the day on a wakeboard but I wouldn't mind a break from the slams. I'm looking for a board that fits a multitude of people(I know not reality). I want it to fit me primarily but if others can ride it easily that's a plus. I'm 6'0 225 so can't be using a baby board but also want something the 140lb friends could ride to try out etc. Being new to the sport I would rather buy a entry priced board to learn on and hopefully progress a bit on. I was looking at the inland surfer Tako & Ika, any thoughts here or recomendations for my size and needs?
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       04-17-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
I rode a Tako towards the end of last year. I think it's a pretty decent beginner board. I own a LF Fish and the Tako was definitely a bit quicker so my guess is you could probably progress a bit more on that board than you could my Fish.

Some might tell you to just go with something nice off the bat but I do enjoy having the Fish around in case someone brand new shows up.....
Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-17-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Others mentioned the liquid force happy pill as well?
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       04-18-2017, 4:12 AM Reply   
Ronix Power tail is my vote. Everyone on the boat can ride it but it is also a decent board to progress on. Change the stock fins out on the older models to a better FCS fin and the board comes alive. The newer models are much more durable. The older ones were glassed paper thin so you had to be really careful with them.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       04-18-2017, 7:13 AM Reply   
With that size range I would look for a board that fits you and then look around for a good used board a little smaller for the peeps.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       04-18-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
Another vote for Ronix power tail.

Probably the best first board if you want to keep several years. It's a perfect all around and a big weight range so everybody can use it men/woman kids/big guys.
Personally I have a Soulcraft but I don't really pass it to others haha.. I keep my Ronix power tail for that so everyone is happy.