Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-09-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Seriously the Wolves have been getting ass blasted by the refs this year....

This was called a foul on Cunningham:
http://i.imgur.com/eg9drxX.gif
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2014, 9:36 PM Reply   
Had some excellent tickets to the Jazz vs Heat game tonight, nice game!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2014, 1:39 AM Reply   
This season has been so crazy. You really never know how a game is going to end up.

And the warriors are all over the place. One minute they are unbelievable and then the next game they cant buy a basket. Harrison Barnes and Mo Speights need to go, they cant score and are holding us back.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
Jazz will be happy to take Harrison Barnes... Will you take RJ, Rush and Biedrins back in trade?

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-11-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
I've lost hope for the playoffs this year... The west is just so top heavy its crazy!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-11-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Lakers and Jazz tonight for the battle for 2nd to last place! Lakers would trade Pau Gasol for Harrison Barnes in a heartbeat.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-11-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Is this the worst season ever for the Lakers? It would be pretty amazing if Kobe can bring them back but I think it's too late.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
E.J., you guys were crazy to take those players.

Mo Speights went OFF last night! I never expected that.
BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
Marreese Speights, PF 26 12-15 1-2 7-8 3 5 8 1 0 3 3 3 +20 32
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
E.J., you guys were crazy to take those players.
It was TOTALLY a salary dump & IMO, a solid move related to their roster and future plans. All expiring contracts and no expectations for them to do anything this year, other than maybe fill in holes while the Jazz lose a lot of games. 100% gain by subtraction. They could also be used as assets in trade for other teams that are going to be looking to dump $$$.

So this year, under the cap at 56.6(cap 58.7). This Summer RJ(11M) and Biedrins(9M), Rush(4M) all come off the books. That opens up 25M to spend. Also Marvin Williams(7.5M) will come off the books, but I am one that hopes they can get him resigned.

All the young talent, except for Hayward, is locked up for a minimum of 2 more years at VERY manageable numbers. Hayward is restricted.

The Jazz have put themselves in a GREAT financial situation(a minimum of 31M to spend in the off season) with a strong core of young players under contract. That said, it will be interesting to see what they can do in the FA market, which historically they have had to overpay in.

With some luck in the lottery, subsequent draft and free agency, the Jazz could immediately become a player in the West.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Lakers and Jazz tonight for the battle for 2nd to last place! Lakers would trade Pau Gasol for Harrison Barnes in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately for the Jazz, I fully expect them to win tonight. They really have been a fairly competitive team(not a playoff team, but are beating teams at a rate higher than anyone expected) except the first month of the season, when they didn't have a PG.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
EJ, yeah I know it was a smart move for the long run. Biedrins and Jefferson were just hated in the Bay Area.
It will be interesting to see what the Jazz do in the next year or two.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... Better get to work, not even close to the top ten currently.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-12-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
LBJ should never have said that but he's right. He will be in the top 4 by the time he's done. LBJ is only 29 years old. He's got another 10 years before he retires. So if you don't think he'll get at least 2 or 3 more championships, dream on. He'll also get at least 2 or 3 more MVP trophies.
Can LBJ be a d-bag from time to time? Yes, but I don't see him cheating on his wife or gambling his way out of the NBA to play baseball.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Great game. Lakers up by 11 at end of first qtr...down by 11 at end of second qtr...
Lose to a team by 17 that is TRYING to tank. How in the world do the Los Angeles Lakers have two guys in the starting five that are from the d-league?
I believe the lakers currently have THE worst roster in the entire nba, expectations are low, just not as low as last nights debacle.

LBJ is the best player in the nba for the last handful of years and probably the next handful.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-13-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
And just in case you needed a reminder of why LBJ will be in the top 4 all time, take a look at last night's game against the Warriors.
36pts, 13reb, 9ast. Oh and the game winning 3. G.O.A.T.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
That game last night was incredible Even though the Warriors lost, I still consider it Game of the Year so far. I kind of knew something was going to happen when Lebron stayed behind the arc. He rarely takes a bad shot.

Draymond Green is really developing into an amazing player. He has been my favorite player to watch this year.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
LBJ should never have said that but he's right. He will be in the top 4 by the time he's done. LBJ is only 29 years old. He's got another 10 years before he retires. So if you don't think he'll get at least 2 or 3 more championships, dream on. He'll also get at least 2 or 3 more MVP trophies.
Can LBJ be a d-bag from time to time? Yes, but I don't see him cheating on his wife or gambling his way out of the NBA to play baseball.
LBJ is outside of the top ten and has a long way to go to even be in that talk..

Not even worthy in the discussion of guys like Oscar, Wilt, Jordan, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Majic, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe. Malone. Just a silly comment by a guy who needed dwade to win a ring.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-13-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
^^you can't be serious with Malone? Zero rings.
Only Wilt, Russell, Jordan & Kareem have as many or more MVPs.
I love Larry Bird but all his rings came on teams with guys like Parrish, McHale, Archibald, DJ, Walton, all of which are HOFers.
Other than Wade there's not an HOFer on the Heat. And don't tell me Allen is an HOFer right now, he makes three shots per game.
Duncan is/was great but he's not better than LBJ. Put Duncan on a team without Robinson, Parker, or Ginobli he does what Kevin Love is doing now. Big numbers and little wins.
Oscar was amazing but only one ring. And he had Kareem too.
If you think LBJ won't win another ring without D-wade you are fooling yourself. When it's all done LBJ will be on Rushmore with MJ, Kareem, & Magic.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
"I love Larry Bird but all his rings came on teams with guys like Parrish, McHale, Archibald, DJ, Walton, all of which are HOFers"

LBJ had to move to Miami with Wade (HOF), Bosh arguably best stretch 5 in game, Allen (best shooter in NBA history).

TIm Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time... And has the rings/stats to back up his spot in the top 10 of all time.

Oscar averaged a triple double... How many of those does LBJ have in his career??

Of course Dwade will win another ring... Once his contact is up he will form another dream team and win another... Weak.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
LBJ, will certainly be amongst the top players of all time when he retires. He's the top guy now and has been for quite a few years now. Projecting out I'd put him right under MJ when he's all done but you never know he may be able to eclipse even him.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
Impossible to make a statement like that...

My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. He would be no where near the top ten all time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
At his current pace he'll pass KAJ for career points in 7.5 years. He'll likely have a minimum of 2 more MVP's during that span and 2 more Championships. If that bares out he'll be the second best of all time. Right now he's certainly on the cusp of the top ten. To say otherwise is absurd and is clearly tainted by some irrational dislike of him.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-14-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Just take a look at these stats:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_season.html

LBJ has 3 out of the top 10 most efficient seasons of all time. Only MJ and Wilt are in that class. If you look at career efficiency only MJ is better.

LBJ went to Miami to win. He would have never got a ring in Cleveland by himself. It's a team game. Every great player who has won a ring has needed great players around him. The fact that LBJ took Cleveland to the Finals back in 2007 was amazing, he had no one on that team. IMO this is the greatest final 4th quarter/OT by a single player of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
First you say this, "LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... " (BTW, he didnt just say it, he was heavily prodded)
Then you change it to this, "My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. "
Two different statements, quit back peddleing.

Durant had 41 V. Lakers last night. Lakers thru 3.5 qtrs of the game had not relinquished the lead once, LA fans (me) thought we might pull off a big upset win. Lakers come back to earth, 6 turnovers in the first 4 mins of the qtr...Durant 19 in the 4th...Lakers fall again. Lotto here we come!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-15-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
First you say this, "LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... " (BTW, he didnt just say it, he was heavily prodded)
Then you change it to this, "My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. "
Two different statements, quit back peddleing.

Durant had 41 V. Lakers last night. Lakers thru 3.5 qtrs of the game had not relinquished the lead once, LA fans (me) thought we might pull off a big upset win. Lakers come back to earth, 6 turnovers in the first 4 mins of the qtr...Durant 19 in the 4th...Lakers fall again. Lotto here we come!
Cmon now.. I never back peddle... So let me clarify for all you slow brained folks.

If LBJ retired today he wouldnt be a top 10 player in the NBA. Simple as that.

Part 2... When LBJ retires he will likely be a top 10 player, however will never reach top 4.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
They call that a DunkContest? Props for trying to make it better, except it still sucks. Terrible idea to give the judges Tablets to choose between East/West, its too difficult with all of two options, better get a computer.. the 1-10 was much better. Not even a dunk champion, just Dunker of the Night or whatever they called it. It was so anticlimactic i didnt realize it was over, WTF? Skills Contest is pretty bad too. All that $$ in the NBA and no good ideas?
4th Qtr of the all star game is always good. I thought Kyrie Irving was a good MVP choice, hard to believe he is only 21.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-18-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
Vince Carter ruined the dunk contest in 2000. No one will ever top that.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-19-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
OK different argument for you Eric,

I agree that LeBron doesn't have the laundry list of accomplishments of MJ or the numbers of Wilt, but do you really think that LBJ isn't the best of all time in terms of actual basketball skills? I don't think there is any way that MJ beats LeBron 1 on 1. LeBron is bigger, stronger, maybe faster, can shoot/post up, and he may win defensive player of the year this year. I think he beats just about anyone one on one. Wilt? Runs circles around him. MJ? Shoots over him, posts up, etc.

We've never seen a 6'8" 275 lb player who is as fast as anyone on the court, with amazing vision, and great defense. I think he is clearly the most skilled basketball player ever which in my mind makes him the best ever, even though he hasn't gotten the accomplishments of other players yet.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-19-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
^^You'll never convince a MJ fan that LBJ is better no matter how many rings and MVPs LBJ gets. MJ fans are so blinded by His Airness that they won't look at LBJ's ability to play every position on the court at a high level. Offense and defense. Right now MJ is the greatest but LBJ is closing on him.
I honestly think that most people hate LBJ because of all the douchy things he does, but if MJ had a Twitter/Instagram/Facebook he would have a whole different public image. The media hid so much of MJ's private life because they were scared of him. MJ has much bigger skeletons in his closet than LBJ.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
What about Tim Duncan? The big fundamental, greatest power forward of all time. Has 4 rings, MVP's, rookie of the year, 14 all stars, defensive player of the year...Will he even crack the top 20-25?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-20-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
Duncan is top 10 for me, but not top 5. I will say that when Duncan got his rings you could argue that he wasn't the best player on his team. Parker & Robinson both had huge parts in getting those rings. BTW did anyone see how bent out of shape Bill Russell got about LBJ's Rushmore comments? Hey Russell, give it a rest. We all know you have the most rings, still doesn't make you top 10 all time.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
^^^Ha,LOL, its etched in stone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DWNEC5NFxg
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-20-2014, 4:28 PM Reply   
^^Great find. Don't get me wrong I love Bill Russell, but the guy won all those rings on teams with 3-4 HOFers at least. He never averaged over 20pts a game and was a terrible shooter. Great rebounder and defender, but so was Rodman.
Also, I love that he's bringing up his "High School Championships". Glory days much?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
50 pnt loss to the Clippers, now that is a new Laker low! Heads will roll, not today but they will roll. Coincidentally, Knicks announce they have offered a job to Phil Jackson. That oughta put a little pressure on JBuss.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-07-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
I don't think there is any way Phil Jackson takes the Knicks job....

Rough road trip for the Jazz...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Agree, I dont think he will go to the Knicks.
Lakers get over on OKC, go figure. Thunder haveing issues reaclimating to Westbrook. 3 and 5 since his return. If they cant get back on track...someone is going to be available.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2014, 11:26 PM Reply   
Wow the west is tough this year. The Warriors are doing great but can let up at all if they want to make it to the playoffs. I would love to see them pass the clippers, but based on schedules, I dont see that happening. Right now they would play the Rockets in a series and I think that is doable.

Ive been so surprised by the East recently. The Bulls and Nets wont quit. Everyone thought they were done, but they are doing big things. Especially the Bulls. The East might actually have some interesting playoff games.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-11-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
If the playoffs started today the West match ups would be awesome! Rockets/Warriors & Clips/Blazers would be great to watch.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/matchups
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Re Jackson: Sources say it's happening.
Clippers are good and added depth in big baby davis and Hedo Turkoglu. The 4-5 matchup is always tough.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2014, 10:19 AM Reply   
Jackson in the front office(GM/President?)....hummm.....and a part-time at that, how do you have a part time gig and not commit 100% to being in NY? I have no idea what the Knicks are thinking....then again, this is sort of status quo for them, right?

I feel like I am missing something here....I have to be, right?

I'll believe this when I see a press conference... Maybe Dolan will bring back Isiah as Phil's right hand man...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
$15M, part time, zero front office experience, Not a bad gig. Typical Knicks/Dolan disaster.
If i was 69 yr old Phil Jackson id continue sitting on my chair with toes in the sand at the beach in lieu of going to NY and risking that legacy.

Clippers and Warriors go to battle tonight. Should be a good one!

Last edited by 95sn; 03-12-2014 at 4:06 PM. Reason: Clips!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
Jazz do not offer Coach Ty Corbin a new contract and start the process of getting a new HC. Wonder if either of the VanGundy boys would have interest in coaching these young pups....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
Wow, Warriors fire Mark Jackson....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-07-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow, Warriors fire Mark Jackson....
Hoping the Wolves take a stab at him.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
I guess its more improtant for a coach to kiss up to the management than to get your team to win. 51 win season, back to back playoff appearances and losing only to a more talented Clippers team get you fired today. A lot in common with the 2013 coach of the year George Karl, Vinnie Del Negro, LHollins,...all 50 game plus winners that were fired. NBA is irrational.
Props to KD, MVP. Great speech.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-08-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Firing Jackson is a mistake for sure, I hope he comes back to announcing.
Firing Del Negro has worked out for the Clips, not so much for the Nuggets and Griz. Who are the Warriors going to get that is better??

Really hope OKC can get past the Clips & Spurs so they can lose to the Heat again. KD is a class act but I can't cheer for him or OKC (Zombie Sonics).
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-12-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
unexpected win by the clips yesterday, seems these 2 teams as different as they are...are a close match up. Clips are a much more complete roster where OKC is basically Durant and Westbrook being great. If Clips dont advance I dont see all that much improvment over the DelNegro team. BTW, thanks OKC for eliminating the Rockets. Spurs are peaking, Portland just not there yet. Miami looks like they got the do not pass go... go directly to the finals card. If the spurs could revenge last years game 6 it would be impressive.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-12-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
I'll be interested to see what the Nets do tonight. My guess is the Heat will win tonight but it would get interesting if the Nets can even the series.
I don't see anyone beating the Spurs, they are playing great basketball right now.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-13-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Lebron is nuts.

... I was too young to appreciate / remember Jordan in his prime, so someone may have to help me understand, but was there the same level of physical dominance that Lebron currently has? Its crazy to see him just stand a the 3 pt line dribbling, EVERYONE knows he is taking it to the paint, and nobody can stop him. I almost hope he goes back to Cleveland with no supporting cast for a year so one game they can just say, "Take every single shot.... go!"

I'm torn if I want to see Heat vs. Spurs or OKC.
... a rematch of last year would be great, but seeing LBJ and Durant go head to head for 4+ games would be great to watch.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
i'm a little late to the conversation but the NBA these days is nothing like it used to be. . . it used to be more of a team effort and now has become a 1 on 1 type game. . . it used to be physical and now it's all about offense and no defense. . . anyone that thinks these guys plays defense is absurd. . . they travel, walk, carry the ball all the time. . . Lebron is a good player but i don't think he plays against the caliber the NBA once was. . . someone hurts their ankle these days and is out for months. . . Isiah Thomas hurt his ankle and scored 25 points in a quarter I believe. I might get blasted but basketball has took a turn for the worse in the past decade. Lebron gets a lot of calls going his way too.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-13-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lebron gets a lot of calls going his way too.
I agree he gets a ton of calls, and he should. The guy is hammered and hacked like crazy when he drives, problem is he is so big and strong I think a lot of the time they don't look like fouls since he just muscles through them.... every other player would get the same calls, they look less like fouls due to his size/strength than someone like Durant who is so thin, a "bump" can send him flying. Please see here

I see the same thing with Pek on the Wolves, but minus the calls since he is even more physically dominant. Pek gets blasted but rarely gets calls because of how little the "Hacks" on him effect him.... the same fouls on a guy with 80 lbs less will look much more obvious.

Quote:
it used to be more of a team effort and now has become a 1 on 1 type game
I agree with you 100% on this.... there are very few well rounded full teams these days... its a lot of collections of 2/3 superstars. Currently the only good teams that actually seem to play team ball are the Spurs, Memphis, and the Suns
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
I wasn't trying to say he's a bad player by any means. . . at times he will be fouled but I've seen him walk through the park and go up and score and get a foul call and it just drives me nuts. I think he gets away with some pushing and shoving on the defense end as well. I will never forget when I was playing AAU ball in the Cleveland area and we had to play against his team and they were all dunking in the warm ups. . . it was unreal.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-13-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
Basketball before 1990 was brutal. Fights, harder fouls, etc. Watch the 30 for 30 "Bad Boys" it's awesome. The NBA is a softer league for sure but I also think guys are in general better, stronger, faster. LBJ still would have dominated in any era, he is just too strong and too fast with a jump shot. I just can't stand all the flopping, LBJ included. Looks like soccer out there.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
Nick, you can't be happy with the Love announcement. Then again, maybe it will turn out okay? I'd do the Deron Williams deal again in a heartbeat!

Everyone send good JuJu for the Jazz and them winning the lottery tomorrow night....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-20-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
ick, you can't be happy with the Love announcement. Then again, maybe it will turn out okay? I'd do the Deron Williams deal again in a heartbeat!
I'm not unhappy, yet. The good thing is he didn't say nothing and let the trade deadline expire next season and leave the Wolves high and dry. I thought they should trade him last year so who-ever would get him would have almost 2 years left on the deal... they could always add the option before the trade - Like the Chris Paul deal.

At the end of the day it is probably for the best for the Wolves... if he resigns and they throw the max at him, they can't afford to build a team and are stuck where they are now.

What I would like to see pan out over the next few weeks ....

Trade Love to the East... add him to almost any team and they're probably a playoff contender. From a Wolves standpoint I think the front runners are the Celtics, Wizards, and Bulls. In this deal try and move JJ and/or Chase Budinger too, their contracts are ****, those 3 players free's up 25 million (if some team can absorb that / deal in return)

- Celtics can give you picks for years and years and Jeff Green would be a nice addition here.
- Bulls - Lots of players that the Wolves could use.... Bulter and Gibson for sure + picks. Chiacgo with Noah, Rose (healthy), and Love = Top in the East. This almost really makes me wonder if they would maybe deal Rubio too for Rose, take a flyer that Rose will finally stay healthy.
- Wizards - Again lots of players that the Wolves could use, Ariza, Beal, Nene could all be useful here.

Another move I think they should shoot for:
Pek to Cleveland in a sign-n-trade for Luol Deng. The Wolves desperately need a quality SF. Brewer adds nothing to the team without Love's outlet passes. Gorgui Dieng can easily take over the C spot and costs $11 million dollars less a year than Pek.

If the Love trade can free up some cap space, then in FA go for Lance Stephenson. If you can snag Luol then go for Danny Granger for next to nothing as a backup SF to help Shabazz develop. Also take a look at Jimmer as a backup SG/PG, he will be had for next to nothing too and can spread the floor.

... then I see the roster looking something like:

PG - Rubio / 1st round pick (maybe LaVine @ 13) / Jimmer
SG - Stephenson / Martin / Jimmer
SF - Deng / Granger / Shabazz
PF - Draft pick via Love trade (with Boston's pick go for Randle) / Donte Cunningham if he isn't in jail) as a backup signed for league min
C - Dieng / Turiaf
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
Spurs in 6.
thats what my gut says..
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
1 down, 3 to go. LBJ suffered some serious cramps, props to him for attempting to play on. When he left for good...the heat was only slightly better than watching the Cavs try to play on w/o him. A much healthy-er than last years wade wasnt enough.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-06-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
Spurs were lucky to win game 1. Heat in 6 if they can win game two, but that's a big IF. Otherwise Spurs in 7.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2014, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
]Heat in 6 if they can win game two, but that's a big IF. Otherwise Spurs in 7.
This is too wishy washy, my bookie will not take this bet.
please make a pick.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-06-2014, 4:57 PM Reply   
haha all right. Heat in 6!! book it.
Also LBJ wins Finals MVP (no surprise there).
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-09-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
I watched last night's game out of curiosity. I am not a big NBA fan. Anyhow, comparing to prior years when I watched true greats like Michael/Magic/Shaq/Kobe, last nights game looked like a pickup game. Sloppy and mostly uninteresting. Just my perspective from the outside.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Welcome from the outside, all takes welcome.
Games could be considered sloppy, these 2 teams dont normally turn the ball over so much. I think some of it, especially late game is good defense.
I put Duncan and LBJ firmly in the same group of true greats.
Big win for the heat last night, its going to be an uphill battle for san antonio. They are going to need green and leonard to make bigger contributions and diaw too. Diaw, has been valuable, he isnt the jolly round guy he was just a short time ago.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Last night was a strange game for the Spurs... I don't watch all their games but I don't usually think of them being so streaky.

... Heat will win, because Lebron is seriously just that good. I was to young to appreciate Jordan in his prime and watching film now doesn't do it justice because the buzz/hype isn't there.... its just mind blowing to me that Lebron can not only guard, but for the most part "lock down" PG - PF.... he can defend big men inside to small quick PGs, its crazy!!!!! Then on the other side he can kill you with jumpers or if he wanted drive and get to the basket on EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION .... A lot of people complain about him going to the line, but I honestly think the refs call too FEW fouls when he drives, he is hacked like crazy but so strong he just blasts right through it all.
... freak of nature.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-09-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
diamonddad, don't let one game form your opinion of the current NBA. IMO the NBA is at the best place it's been in my lifetime...gone are the days of 128-120 games with zero defense. The defense in the NBA now is incredible. Pacers, Spurs, Heat are all excellent defensive teams, although I will give you they haven't been excellent at all times in Games 1 and 2 of the Finals. Also, I think it's awesome how there is no one winning formula now. Duos (KD/Westbrook) or Big 3s (Miami) are no better off than great passing teams with one superstar (Pacers) or a completely balanced effort (Spurs).

I also think it's interesting that a PG or Center will not be the best player in the league maybe ever again. LeBron and KD have totally changed what it means to be an elite player. They are so multi-dimensional...as SideKickNicholas said, they can both play PG-PF, just adapting on what is necessary at that moment and which defender is guarding them. A pure PG can't guard a C down low, nor can a pure dominant C guard a catch-and-shoot perimeter player.

My original guess was Heat in 7, although I think it could be 6 now. LeBron played well last night, but even as a big fan of his, I thought he was playing a bit selfishly/forcing it. LeBron is at his absolute best when he just goes into Matrix mode and the whole game becomes slow. He either finds easy open shots or makes incredible plays for his teammates with his vision, just playing loose. Last night he was walking the ball up the court and just making ridiculous shots over people with 20 seconds on the shot clock. Impressive, but not his best basketball.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-09-2014, 2:10 PM Reply   
And my pick of Heat in 6 is looking better and better. LBJ in the 2nd half was as good as it gets. Jumper working, driving, passing, defending.
Can't believe Parker and Duncan missed 4 straight free throws. They make those and we are talking about if the Heat have a chance.

Also, Spolstra doesn't get enough credit because he has LBJ but Phil had MJ and Kobe and Shaq, yet he's the Zen Master??
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Heat will win, because Lebron is seriously just that good.
scary and true.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-11-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Down go the Heat, Down go the Heat.
Impressive offensive clinic in the first half, unsustainable but enough to keep the win. Spurs did exactly what they needed to do, get a win in Miami. Leonard/green and Diaw all stepped up and delivered. Hope they can do it again. Go Spurs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-11-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Last night was a shooting clinic. 75% in the 1st half?!?!? Thought the Heat were going to make a run late when they cut it to 7 but not enough left in the tank and the Spurs made big shots down the stretch. The dream of the Heat in 6 is over. This is going 7.
LBJ was forcing it way too much last night, 7 turnovers!! Either shoot or attack, stop dribbling all over the place. It looked like he was over thinking every move last night.
Game 4 will be great to watch!! I like that this series is starting to get a little chippy too, thanks to Chalmers elbowing Parker in game 2.
I still like the Heat to win this series but last night was a huge win for the Spurs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-11-2014, 1:13 PM Reply   
The Spurs were the better team last night. Looks like this series could go either way. If you don't play your best either team can take up the slack in your house. Should be a good one.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Game 4 will be great to watch!!
Agreed!
With Miami's never going 0-2 streak on the line, I think they'll (especially Lebron) will come out swinging tonight.

... I just wish one game they would give him the green light and say "score at well, go!". If he drove to the basket every possession in the first quarter my guess is 2/3 Spurs players would all have 2/3 fouls each .... or Lebron would have 3 and have to sit for a long time.

My guess is Miami takes it tonight and from there, whoever wins game 5 will take the series. It will either be Miami in 6 or Spurs in 7
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-12-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
^^Exactly! Why LBJ continues to dribble and take his time blows me away. Just put your head down and take it to the hoop. And why don't they put him into the post against Leonard?!?! LBJ can just back him down and score.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2014, 8:45 PM Reply   
Spurs "DOMINATE" the Heat in Miami again. 3-1 now and they head to San Antonio.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
Everytime I've watched a game this series I say, "No way the Spurs can keep up this shooting" .... they can and they probably will.... crazy.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-13-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Shocked at last night's game. Spurs shot the lights out again, Heat looked flat again. LBJ goes off in the 3rd quarter yet the Spurs still out score them. Other than LBJ the Spurs have better players at every position. They are just a better team. Should be an interesting off season to see what LBJ does.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-13-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Watching the spurs pass and move the ball, really good basketball. Pop is one hell of a coach. Leonard turning into a star in this series. Diaw has been impressive.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
Spurs dominated that game. Miami's run is over. Miami's getting old,they ran out of gas.It's over in 5.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
Leonard turned into a series MVP!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
I loved it! this thing should have been over in 4

There is no denying the greatness of James, but the arrogance that began with the finals in Dallas, made me hate this entire team

They got spanked

where are those matching fake black rimmed glasses now?

bahahahahha
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-16-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
LBJ is still the best player in the league but the rest of the Heat looked terrible. Wade is done, Bosh couldn't keep up, Ray is old, the list goes on.
I was definitely wanting the Heat to win because I'm a big LBJ fan, but no one could be upset seeing the Spurs win this year. That team is total class. I hope they go for another next year. Leonard is going to be a big star.

Haven't seen a blowout like that since the Superbowl!! Am I right Robert?!?!?!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
Not one, not two...well yeah it was just two.
Props to the Spurs for never taking their foot off the throats of the Heat. Dominating set of wins for Pops TEAM.
What happened to everyone on the Heat not named Lebron?