Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
Well I finally got my new wheels for the suburban and so far so good. I like them alot with the possible exception of the silver rivet looking things on the edge. They can be removed though. Pretty happy with them overall though. Should match the boat perfectly.
Name:  New Wheels 1.JPG
Views: 2011
Size:  140.7 KB

Name:  New Wheels 2.JPG
Views: 1877
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  New Wheels 3.JPG
Views: 1925
Size:  129.3 KB
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-23-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Look great. Going to have the same put on the boat trailer?
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
Wouldnt mind, but they would be too big. The smallest they come in is a 17x9 and i believe I can only put up to a 15" on the trailer, and I have 14"s now.
Old     (AC4life)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-23-2012, 9:50 PM Reply   
Those look sharp man!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-23-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
Looks great and you can go bigger than 15" if you want. Have to go to a lower profile tire but you can. I have seen 22" on boatmates. Not sure on the width though. Ask the guys at boatmate. They will help you.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-24-2012, 5:46 AM Reply   
What size wheel and tire did you get?

You gotta level that thing! Mine was that way when I got it and I cranked the torsion bars enough to get it close without losing too much suspention travel. Mine is still raked a little but only about 1" now as opposed to 2-3". If you do that get an alignment afterwards. I've put 20,000 miles on mine since I did that with no problems.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-24-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
The wheels are 17x9 and the tires are the same 265-70-17 BFG all terrains I had on before. I have thought about leveling it, but I have a daughter that is in a wheelchair and she has a hard enough time getting in already. Honestly, I would rather bring the back down a little. Other issue is that my tires are 6 ply and everyone keeps telling me I need a 10 ply with a 3/4 ton. So that is probly next on the to do list.
As far as the trailer goes, it's not in the cards to get new wheels and tires for it. I just bought new tires back in May. It would be nice to have ones that matched though.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-24-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
I've got the same wheels on my Tundra. I didn't put the silver things on or the red stripe though.
Looks good
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-24-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
I dont mind the red, since the boat is black and red, but not sold on the silver. Once I am feeling better I will probly pull them off. Any pics of your Tundra?
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
OK, so I washed up the Sub today and took the silver (plastic) bolt looking things off. Deffinately think it looks alot better now. Really liking the look with the dark grey. GF is still not sold on the red though.
Name:  Sub wheels1.JPG
Views: 1269
Size:  144.7 KB

Name:  Sub wheels2.JPG
Views: 1328
Size:  111.5 KB
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-29-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
1^6 times better without the cutsey silver knobs.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       01-30-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
1^6 times better without the cutsey silver knobs.
+1
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-30-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Yes that looks much better. Now all you need to do is level it and add these for your daughter...

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-30-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Unfortunately my daughter is paralyzed from the waist down so steps wouldn't help. She can pull herself up and in right now (Strong little sucker) but barely. Since she is getting older (13) and heavier and I am getting older and back is getting crappier it is hard to even lift her in. I do need to do something to the drivers side though as it sits lower right now. Hopefully one day I can move up to a F350 van like a guy had posted on here. It was black with a black Supra attached to it I think. Loved that van!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Those wheels look a ton better without those silver caps! Nice wheel mod!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-30-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Unfortunately my daughter is paralyzed from the waist down so steps wouldn't help. She can pull herself up and in right now (Strong little sucker) but barely. Since she is getting older (13) and heavier and I am getting older and back is getting crappier it is hard to even lift her in. I do need to do something to the drivers side though as it sits lower right now. Hopefully one day I can move up to a F350 van like a guy had posted on here. It was black with a black Supra attached to it I think. Loved that van!!!
Steve, You can crank up the drivers side torsion bar to level out the side to side difference. You'll want to jack up the front end to take the weight off. Tighten the bolt clockwise. If I remember right, 4 turns = 1/4" lift/drop

I like those E350 vans too! My wife hates them so we ended up with an Odyssey.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-30-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Do you know if there is a way to tell how cranked up the torsion bars are right now? I am wondering if I can go a little more on the higher side still or if that is up all the way. Now that you got me thinking about it, I need to get it done.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-30-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
I do like them better with those caps removed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-30-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Steve, as raked as your truck is, there is definitely room to go up. It looks like mine did when I got it. When you look at the adjustment bolts under the truck you should see plenty of thread showing if you have room to go up. Mine still has a little rake to it and I could go alot higher. Here is a picture of what the torsion bar adjustment bolts look like:

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-31-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
This is the only picture I have of my Tundra right now, can't see the wheels very well.