Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-07-2014, 4:55 PM Reply   
I would like to look into a waterfront home at Tulloch.

It would be a weekend home to start and possibly a retirement home in the end.

Does anyone have a Realtor that they can recommend?

And, any suggestions as to what to look for?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-07-2014, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hit up grantwest & phatboypimp.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
Dane: hit up Aaron Stafford
http://laketullochwaterfronts.com/Aa..._REALTOR.shtml
He was the listing agent on the home Jason bought last year and he did a good job
He was also the listing agent on our Family house at tulloch he knows the lake very well
I know a few other agents but Aaron seems to be the most active so I would recomend him.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
I would call Aaron for sure. I worked with a number of Real Estate agents during my investigative phases and he knows his stuff.

Here is a quick summary of what I have learned:
- Some may disagree but the houses I liked on the lake had a $1M threshold. That doesn't really buy you much.
- many of the lake houses are on steep inclines with a lot stairs - not good in my book
- many of the homes are 1970's ish and need a refresh
- surprisingly a lot of the driveways and garages are not boat friendly
- I ended up going off the water in a newer development because it was SO much more house for the $. I would have loved to be on the water but that will likely be a move I make later as I near retirement.
- It is a small lake - it is a beautiful lake but small. If you like to be on the water on the weekends you will have a lot of close friends.
- there is not a lot to do in the area - especially in the offseason which I actually love about the place. You pretty much have to go to Sonora (17 miles) to get any kind of anything. (forgive me if you already know this stuff)
- I am so glad I am on South? side of the lake - the grocery store and hardware store are very close. I seem to go to both of them a lot.
- I have found the people to be great - locals and part-timers.
- When I started looking there were like 300 homes on the market - that was down to 17 when I bought mine. I am not sure what the inventory looks like now but prices are clearly going up.
- I love the escape - it is so great this time of year and beautiful. I would live there full-time if I could.
- Grant West is the Social Chairman of Copperopolis - the guy seriously knows everyone.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-08-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips! I spoke with Aaron today. My search begins...
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
Awesome - feel free to reach out if we can help with anything. Happy to show you my place as well if that would be helpful.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
I just am in the process of buying some property and just wanted to give another recommendation for Aaron. He has been great to work with. Awesome service and very helpful.