Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-02-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
Wow: NBC.com reported that Kandy Crush (online game) if you don't know what it is THATS a GOOD THING. Makes a million a day for users to clear the jelly ( what ever that means ).
I just find it so funny that company's like this can make millions for creating completely stupid useless time wasters that offer Nothing. Games like FarmVille another example of complete stupidity
That people pay for all while legit company's that actually offer products that are good for man kind and grow the economy are going outing business. You think
Nautique Malibu Mastercraft make a million dollars a Day?

This link said $850 a day and I didn't want to search for the million dollar link
http://ludwina.com/how-candy-crush-m...away-for-free/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-02-2014, 10:29 AM Reply   
Trying to compare company like Nautique Mastercraft and Malibu to Kandy Crush I know is apples and oranges. But let's just say a company like any one if the big 3 boat makers MADE a million a day That's 30 something million a Month! How much trickle down do you think their is? Imagine how many people they would have to employee or product they would have to buy and sell to have that kind of numbers . All the tax revenue generated all the people employed think of all the money they would spend and tax generated from those people spending money. The number just keep adding up.

How many people does it take to Make & Keep Kandy Crush producing 1 million dollars a day?? How much tax revenue is a company like that creating?
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
I get your point but I think Kandy Crush does a pretty good job stimulating the economy, their parent company("King" check them out on king.com or LinkedIn) employs 1000's of people and has created that many jobs in just over 10 years. I'm pretty sure the top 3 or even 5 wake boat manufactures don't directly employ that many people, granted there are spin offs in the wake industry because of the dealer network but they aren't direct employees. All those employees are paying taxes and spending money and stimulating the world economy, they aren't US based. While I agree it's a worthless product any company doing well typically contributes to the economy doing well.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
$365 million a year in revenue? That's it? While it does sound like a lot from a stupid game, it's not much at all in the grand scheme of things. At one point, the last company I worked for had $5 billion in revenue (about $14 million per day/$570,000 per hour) and 1,200 employees and that was still chump change compared to the big companies and they felt like they were printing their own money. Profit was roughly $3 billion so fairly low operating costs.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
I agree once you start talking Fortune 500s the numbers just get crazy.

Grant if you really want to get worked up look up some Philip Morris numbers, I'm sure they are 5-10x's those of Candy Crush and regardless if you use their product or not it's costing you money.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-14-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Sorry guys. Grant is unavailable for comment. He is working on the launch of his new phone game.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Sorry guys. Grant is unavailable for comment. He is working on the launch of his new phone game.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Apple makes $70,395 in profit per MINUTE!!! HOLY CRAP! Pretty sure I did the math right but please, double check. They made $37 billion in profit last year on $170.9 billion in revenue. If you look at straight revenue, $325,152 per minute. Boggles the mind...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-14-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
So Grant, what level are you on?
Old    bigdtx            01-14-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
> $5 billion in revenue. Profit was roughly $3 billion.

Umm... Winning! Who the F posts a 60% profit on those numbers?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
> $5 billion in revenue. Profit was roughly $3 billion.

Umm... Winning! Who the F posts a 60% profit on those numbers?
I won't give the name but if you have ever flown, you probably indirectly gave them about $3 and didn't even know it. Of course they don't make that now, private equity firms have to snatch up that kind of business and take their portion.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
Profit margins for a software company (or app company) are going to be far higher than what a hardware company like Apple sees.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
You all have some good points above.

Sorry but have never played ANY online games EVER except Counter Strike (that's like the Atari Version of Call of Duty) LOL

But When you think about Apple and the I-phone and the amount of Millionaires that Apple created with everything from Kandy Crush to all the accessories that we use to enhance our I phone from Blue tooth devices to cables and portable sound players the trickle down effect is Amazing. Many company's owe a huge debt to Apple and their vision. It seems like Everything is being run threw or some how connected to our hand held device and all the Trickle Down that has been created from it is just awesome. Now not every product can be the next I phone and even stupid stuff like Kandy Crush have its place in the world.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2014, 2:48 PM Reply   
Candy Crush doesn't have to be played online, I just play it on my daughter's iPad. They have made $0 off of me, it's a free app and they only charge if you are so addicted that you buy lives to keep playing. Dang junkies!

You are right though G, HUGE trickle down effect! Now think about the tax aspect of your trickle down effect yet our country sprials further and further into debt. Are people spending the same amount of money but it's just going to different people and the tax base stays the same?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
Warren buffet earned 1.5 million an hour last year or 37 million a day...mind blown!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-15-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
Wonder what the profit margin was for the Pet Rock guy back in the day....people will buy anything.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-24-2014, 6:06 AM Reply   
So Timmy, what level are you on?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-24-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
The Pet Rock guy made a million dollars!

You know, I had an idea like that once.