Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-10-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
I finally got my boat out for the first time since I installed the HSE. Dialing it in questions. I connected the orange and white wires together (Sanger V210 - 05). I programmed it to 3,000 rpm. It increased the volume at 3,000 but it jumped up in volume. Reprogammed it to 2,300 rpm - same thing jumps up in volume. If I back off the throttle quickly the sound drops out and won't go back to the increased volume for 20 to 30 seconds.

Questions - should it jump up in volume or gradually increase? I'm not sure how to properly set the attenuation so that when I decelerate it goes back to the correct lower level.

What RPM's do most of you have it set at?

I know I could fiddle with it for hours and get irritated but I know a bunch of you have the experience. Thanks.

BTW - it is awesome - and my wife didn't even realize that she didn't have to ask me to turn the volume down.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-10-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
The increase in volume is gradual over a few seconds as you described. Decrease in volume is instant. We run our on/off RPM at about 1400.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
Yeah like Johnny says you'll want to set that thing alot lower in the RPM range because it has a delay and rolls on the volume when going up. When it decreases the volume it cuts it right away when you go below the set RPM you've chosen. If my boat runs at 3k rpm's while suring I'll set it at 1500 rpm so right about the time I'm up to speed the volume is up as well. If you set it at your normal operating RPM it will go up but probably keep going down and never go back up because it never has the chance to stay at that given RPM for long enough.

Hope all that makes sense. They are awesome units, and work very well.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-10-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
Thanks - that completely makes sense. Will try it out next weekend
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-12-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Hey Tom

How long did it take to install it? any tricks? I have a 06 V215 and will be doing it at the lake.