Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-30-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
Have a friend trying to locate an HSE, apparently they went out of business or have been discontinued. I am surprised because they work really well, or at least that has been my experience with mine.

Does anyone know where there might be one still available to purchase?
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-30-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
Not outta business. I just installed mine and it works EXCELLENT. Got it from Earmark Audio.

http://www.hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-30-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Was it pretty easy? I ordered one over the winter, haven't installed it yet.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-30-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Richard, it is pretty straightforward. The wiring is a breeze except you do need 3 leads to the engine compartment (from where the HSE is mounted), the mounting of the unit was the only challenge for me. You could run leads to (+) and (-) off of the battery and only run 1 lead (signal generator wire) to dash I suppose.

I will tell you that it is absolutely AWESOME! I wish I would have put one on much earlier. It responds very quickly to change the volume, which is just what I was hoping for.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-30-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by camassanger View Post
Not outta business. I just installed mine and it works EXCELLENT. Got it from Earmark Audio.

http://www.hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html
Do you have a contact number or link for Earmark Audio? I did google them, and it looks like automotive only. Saw nothing on there website Marine related, probably a different vendor. Apparently he has contacted HSE directly and they are discontinued and no longer producing them anymore. Maybe this was bad information relayed to him?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-30-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
I didn't see any on Earmark either.HSE's website is still up. here's a link to their order page http://hsetrident.com/html/contact.html
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-30-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
The HSE Revolution is no longer being produced and no longer available. I bet you can sell a used one for new price if not more. I know I love my HSE and have been asked if I would sell it.

Last edited by you_da_man; 05-30-2011 at 6:31 PM.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-31-2011, 5:37 AM Reply   
I don't get it,I haven't seen one bad thing said about them,nothing but rave reviews.Why would they discontinue it.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-31-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdjay View Post
I don't get it,I haven't seen one bad thing said about them,nothing but rave reviews.Why would they discontinue it.
There was a thread on this in the Moomba forum a couple/few weeks ago that included an email or phone call (i forgot which) from the maker of the HSE and he explained the reason...it wasnt because it was a bad product.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-31-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Great product.
It just wasn't a profitable venture for HSE at the price the consumer was willing to pay. In the last year many were sold at an inordinately low cost where HSE was upside down.
Actually we were HSE's top dealer so we tried very hard to find another vender to take over the product but no one would step up to the cost and quantity of importing this product including us.
We have converted over to the Boost Box which is a little different product but has performed well and has been problem-free for us.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
Travis..Just sent you a PM.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-31-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Sorry Travis, I thought they were still in business. David is the authority, so I will take his word for it. The HSE is a great product. Sounds like the market is now open for a less expensive alternative...
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-31-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
bummer, I was actually planning on adding one. doesn't the boost box have a connectivity limitation where you can't use the usb dock connector for line out? or am i remembering that wrong?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-31-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
The other alternative is less expensive, however, I've heard that there is a delay in the response of the unit in decreasing the volume when decelerating, unlike the HSE which was instant reduction.