Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Grizz)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-07-2017, 5:40 PM Reply   
Sorry in advance as this will be long and I am sure these questions have been asked a million times but......here goes

I've got a cabin on a smaller lake in SW Canada that we live at all summer. Currently we are the original owners of a 1999 Bayliner Capri 2050 LS which has served us well over the years. Recently however, my wife has started wake surfing (behind a friend's ski boat, I know ours is way too dangerous) and my son who is now 7 is interested wake boarding. Since our boat is too dangerous to surf and there is nothing I can do to make it surfable we are discussing a new(er) unit which leads me to a few questions.......

1. Can you effectively surf and/or wake board behind a jet drive? Places around our lake can get as shallow as 3-4 feet according to my depth finder so it would be nice to consider a jet drive to not have to worry as much about the water level.

2. The friend (wife's friends husband) that was taking us out told my wife and I that his 2003 Mastercraft (with the prop under the hull) was near impossible to backup as there was no steering control and that we should avoid that type of drive. Is this true? Honestly, this does not really make and sense to me. Also, watching him try to reverse and mover around confused me as he seemed to WAY over complicate it but I did not want to comment as I do t really know him that well.

3. What drive would you recommend so I can walk in both worlds so to speak?

Thanks for the help so far, I am sure I will have plenty more questions to come!!!