Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jcarrick)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-20-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I currently have a 2000 Ski Sanger "SangAIR" DLX that is a fantastic boat, but I want to get a V-Drive. My main options for a new boat would either be a Sanger V210 or a 2000-2004 Super Air Nautique. My budget is right around $25k.

What do you guys think? I've only ridden behind a Super Air Nautique once, but I have ridden behind many Sangers and love their wakes.

Is the SAN a comparable wake? What would your guys' pick be?

Is there anyone in the Central Oregon area that has an older Super Air Nautique that would be willing to take me for a ride? I have gas money and cold beer

Thanks!

-Jon
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-20-2017, 9:50 AM Reply   
00 - 04 SAN would be my choice... favorite wake ever. Probably hold it's value a little better then the Sanger.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-20-2017, 11:06 AM Reply   
Never been in or behind a Sanger, but you can't go wrong with a 210. Maybe you know, but they're all the same hull from 1995 Super Sport up 'till 2006 Super Air. But that budget should indeed get you something in the years that you mentioned.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-20-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
IF your patient you could probably find a clean Sanger V215 in your budget . Some of the other boats might be a little fancier or hold there value slightly better but non look as good on the water or handle like a Sanger .but I dont have to tell you that .. Good luck with your search .
Old     (jcarrick)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-20-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
IF your patient you could probably find a clean Sanger V215 in your budget . Some of the other boats might be a little fancier or hold there value slightly better but non look as good on the water or handle like a Sanger .but I dont have to tell you that .. Good luck with your search .

I've considered the V215 for sure. The thing that is pushing me towards the SAN 210 is amount of storage space compared to the Sangers. I want to put a full ballast system in and not have to have sacks laying all over the floor anymore.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-20-2017, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarrick View Post
I've considered the V215 for sure. The thing that is pushing me towards the SAN 210 is amount of storage space compared to the Sangers. I want to put a full ballast system in and not have to have sacks laying all over the floor anymore.
Funny, I have a V215 and was looking at the SAN 210 as well when I bought mine. I wasn't impressed with room in the SAN compared to the Sanger. Not to mention I found the V215 was roomier and more comfortable but to each their own. I love the SAN build quality but was never impressed by the 210's for storage, design and comfort. I've got the factory triple ballast in my V215. 500lb bag front floor and then upgraded to the two 1100lb bags in the back. I had a Sanger DLX20 before and love the Sangers. I'm very much in love with my V215.

Last edited by RPM_DLX; 06-20-2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-20-2017, 2:36 PM Reply   
You will love the SAN wake...very clean and can get super big . Only thing - and this is a preference - is that the wake is fairly vert. Pops you straight up. Also not a fan of the v210 sun pad hump unless it has the bigger engine option that comes without it.
Old     (jcarrick)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-20-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nar722 View Post
You will love the SAN wake...very clean and can get super big . Only thing - and this is a preference - is that the wake is fairly vert. Pops you straight up. Also not a fan of the v210 sun pad hump unless it has the bigger engine option that comes without it.

Good to know. I usually ride with about 3000lbs of ballast in my Sanger DLX, and love the wake. I too don't like the hump on the back of the V210's, but after having the bigger, Black Scorpion motor in my current boat, I wouldn't get a V210 without that motor. It is phenomenal.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-20-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
youll only need about 1000-1500lbs of ballast in the SAN for a mackin wake.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-21-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
The SAN wake is much better than the V210. I used to have an 01 SAN and my buddy had a V210, both sacked out with 3k ballast and the SAN is hands down bigger lippier wake. Keep your eye out and one will pop up. I sold mine for 19k last year.