Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2015, 10:27 AM Reply   
Well here is the newest "Super" wakeboat to be released and it's the biggest yet I think. Almost 7000lbs is what I heard. Anyways, here is the release video.

Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI5WzrQwsKM
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-25-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
6700 lbs. That's that's the same weight as my boat at FULL ballast.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-25-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
That's a lot of boat! 7.4L=man motor. But will require you to own a gas station...
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-25-2015, 12:54 PM Reply   
"With available extras like a head and a refrigerator, you can extend your excursions much longer." I'm envisioning cousin Eddie at the dock with a hose, "$#!+ter was full!"

Last edited by dvsone79; 08-25-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Censored
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-25-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
According to the press release it has bow thrusters ... unbelievable that a water sports boat needs bow thrusters. Hello 200k price tag!
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-25-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
Yeah price tag will be a shocker for sure!!!
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-25-2015, 2:21 PM Reply   
Base msrp plus convenience package is 172000
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-25-2015, 2:33 PM Reply   
i feel like they have no rhyme or reason for the naming of their boats, or do I just not understand it?
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-25-2015, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
i feel like they have no rhyme or reason for the naming of their boats, or do I just not understand it?
The X23 is 23 ft long. The X26 is 26 ft long. The NTX 20 is 20 ft and NXT 22 is 22 ft. Far better than the old system where the number didn't match any feature or dimension of the boat itself. This one must be the replacement for the X55.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-25-2015, 2:42 PM Reply   
Am I going crazy or has Mastercraft embraced the deep V on this one?
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-25-2015, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
X26 = 26'

Although that isn't always the case so I kind of get what you're saying. Obviously an X46 wasn't 46' long. But maybe it is 24'6"? And they took the last two numbers? My 205v is 20'6" which in decimal is 20.5'. But the number for every X-series doesn't necessarily indicate length. So I'm not sure either.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2015, 2:53 PM Reply   
What's wrong with the cooler placement? Duh, it has two of em anyways!
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2015, 2:54 PM Reply   
Plus bow thruster, $10,940 option LOL come on.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-25-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
I think I fell asleep halfway through that video...
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
I think it's amazing how they managed to make a 26ft boat have a smaller cockpit area than a 23ft boat. I'm impressed.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-25-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
I think it's amazing how they managed to make a 26ft boat have a smaller cockpit area than a 23ft boat. I'm impressed.

I don't know what you are looking at but that boat is huge. It's well laid out. You gain a majority of the room in the front however the cockpit is bigger that the X23 without a doubt. I own an X23 and I can tell from the videos the length difference in the cockpit
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-25-2015, 8:15 PM Reply   
It looks like the cockpit area would be huge if they got rid of the head - hopefully that is optional. Imagine if the seating went all the way to the window! That boat is massive. wow.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
The interior is probably bigger in person but the g25 247 the 25lsv and even the sg and se by supra all look much roomier than this boat which beats them all by at least a foot. No doubt it's bigger than a x23 with similar layout though.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-25-2015, 9:31 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the ****ter is on there, just like it was on the x80 to make it qualify for a different tier of loan?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-25-2015, 9:46 PM Reply   
Just like the X26 and its price tag, That video is depressing.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-25-2015, 11:30 PM Reply   
Watched the video. Sorry but I don't see the value. The G interior smacks it in the face
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2015, 5:29 AM Reply   
I like the interior lay out. I know it is not needed, but after being on a buddies boat with bow and stern thrusters and twin engines. I would love to have them on mine.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-26-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Watched the video. Sorry but I don't see the value. The G interior smacks it in the face
The G is a great boat but the interior on the G/CC is no where near as comfortable as the MC. CC is vary and more square where as MC is plush and rounded. This is just personal opinion but I ride G a good bit and even my buddies likes the X23 interior over his G.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-26-2015, 6:32 AM Reply   
I like it, can't have it $$ but I like it
X26 is not going after G25 or LSV25 or even SE450-550 market...other than that it's big
X26 is head after Cobalt and SeaRay... buyers that want to do some Tow sports.
Big Bow, Head, Fridge, BowThruster, + Push to Surf....
This boat will be a Hit within that Segment...however small it is.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-26-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
With what? Scorching hot vinyl, squared off corners, uncomfortably upright seat backs, and an excessive amount of vinyl cover panels??

I mean, I can give the G every bit of praise that it deserves, and it deserves a lot. That said, the interior is functional, and utilitarian (which is not necessarily a bad thing) However, It certainly doesn't smack any other boat in the face, when it comes to interior design, style, and comfort..... especially a MC. Sorry.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-27-2015, 5:12 AM Reply   
So if you are looking for a towboat to sleep and lounge on the MC is the ticket. But if you want a wakeboat that actually makes great wakes then go with the G? That's the best you can do the G has squared off seats Please?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-27-2015, 5:39 AM Reply   
So now the MCs don't put out great wakes? Please.......

Newsflash, the G may be king of the wakeboard wake, but that doesn't mean that 99.9% of the wakeboats available can't give us a wake that is more than enough for 99.9% of us. Or maybe not? Everybody throw away your wakeboats and buy a G. Your boats are junk.

I have never had a bad time behind a tow boat, and when we are talking about 100k+ wakeboats, yes, I think comfort is important. I didn't say the G interior was garbage. I said it didn't slap other interiors in the face...... There are certainly a bunch of simple things on the G interior that would make my time on the water more comfortable. And yes, for the price of them, I think more time should have been spent on things like, contoured seat backs, and breathable cool vinyl.

Last edited by Fixable; 08-27-2015 at 5:41 AM.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2015, 6:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
So now the MCs don't put out great wakes? Please.......

Newsflash, the G may be king of the wakeboard wake, but that doesn't mean that 99.9% of the wakeboats available can't give us a wake that is more than enough for 99.9% of us. Or maybe not? Everybody throw away your wakeboats and buy a G. Your boats are junk.

I have never had a bad time behind a tow boat, and when we are talking about 100k+ wakeboats, yes, I think comfort is important. I didn't say the G interior was garbage. I said it didn't slap other interiors in the face...... There are certainly a bunch of simple things on the G interior that would make my time on the water more comfortable. And yes, for the price of them, I think more time should have been spent on things like, contoured seat backs, and breathable cool vinyl.

I'm so tired of the "every new wake boat can produce a wake that is more than enough for 99% of us." Argument. Idk about your crew but every single person in my crew wants a wake that is the biggest my boat could produce. And one of them can only do w2w 180's. In fact I don't know of a crew within 10 miles from here that has a person (unless they are totally new) that gets ready to ride and says "just give me 1/4 or 1/2 ballast."
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-27-2015, 6:15 AM Reply   
I am so tired of everyone saying the G is the only boat you can use for wakeboarding.

Sure, my crew wants the wake pumped up. But we can take a 23lsv, San 210, X23, San 230, Mojo, G21, or G23, and throw anything we want behind any of them. And everyone in the crew is far beyond a w2w 180. We can all recognize that the G23 is the biggest wake of them all, but nobody feels held back by the others, or is disappointed by the wakes. A couple of the guys even prefer the wakes on some of the others.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2015, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am so tired of everyone saying the G is the only boat you can use for wakeboarding.

Sure, my crew wants the wake pumped up. But we can take a 23lsv, San 210, X23, San 230, Mojo, G21, or G23, and throw anything we want behind any of them. And everyone in the crew is far beyond a w2w 180. We can all recognize that the G23 is the biggest wake of them all, but nobody feels held back by the others, or is disappointed by the wakes. A couple of the guys even prefer the wakes on some of the others.
Eric, I feel you. Were on WW were probably a 1/3 of the people actually own a G and have Zero time behind the X23/Xstar. I learned a long time ago to let WW comments come In one ear and go out the other.

I'm not disputing that the G is a great wake because it is but I don't think that its the end all be all. My X23 produces a great wake and so did my X45. The new Star throws an awesome wake and from the looks of the pictures the Supra wake looks good. I have no problem throwing my inverts/spins on any of these boats. Does my X23 produce a better surf wave than the G, IMO yes and I have ridden both back to back. Is my X23 more comfortable, yes its slaps the G in the face.

The X26 looks to be producing a great surf wave and Im sure that it will wakeboard just as well as the X23. The boat is laid out nice and its huge. At the end of the day its all personal preference as both CC and MC are top of the line boats. The bashing on WW is comical. People buy into the hype way to much and have tunnel vision.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
All of that fluff and the only thing sport related (if you can call it that) was a shot of the surf roller that is going to roll out the entire lake. Yay.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-27-2015, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I'm so tired of the "every new wake boat can produce a wake that is more than enough for 99% of us." Argument. Idk about your crew but every single person in my crew wants a wake that is the biggest my boat could produce. And one of them can only do w2w 180's. In fact I don't know of a crew within 10 miles from here that has a person (unless they are totally new) that gets ready to ride and says "just give me 1/4 or 1/2 ballast."
I rarely load up our boat and a lot of my friends even like to ride empty. They've got some inverts and spins down as well so not new riders.

I'm not an advanced boarder and I do like to load it up sometimes but the G wake is not the easiest wake to ride behind (even unweighted). Yes it's clean, big and quite predictable but a bigger wake doesn't always mean better. I honestly have made more progress behind my buddy's vlx than behind my boat. It's not super big but the wake is so predictable and not intimidating which I think has a lot of benefits.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-27-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
Love an unweighted boat when learning new tricks.
When free riding bigger is better.

On a serious note: is there even much of a market for this? 24 and 25 boats are already ginormous...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
Big wakes are to blame for the lack of progression with a lot of new riders, as are long lines (70+') and high speeds. These days newbies insist on riding the same wake that the pros ride, which is part of why most of them lack even a consistent toe side wake jump even years later. If all you're doing is a wake to wake 180 and you're trying to progress, a slammed boat is kind of a waste, and possibly a hinderance to your progression. You end up relying on the wake instead of technique to pop, and you will probably end up frustrated.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2015, 9:01 AM Reply   
These big boats are for space to party imo
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-27-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
Yea seriously you're probably not out pacing your unweighted wake until 540+ or mobes.

Yea seems more like party space to me...
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-27-2015, 9:37 AM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod on this one. Just because all of your friends want to ride a sac'd out boat doesn't necessarily mean they know how to ride one or should be in the first place. Most tricks that people are performing were invented on wakes that are probably smaller than your unweighted boat. Does a larger wake make it easier or go bigger? Sure, as long as you know what your doing.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-27-2015, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
These big boats are for space to party imo
^^^ Yes this...DUH
Its that simple
Not every person wants a SeaRay or Cobalt to do this on.
MC has recognized this market and Offered up a high end Tow Boat so they can do more than Lounge and Cruise..
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-27-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Honestly around here the only G's I see are replacing cobalts and other big i/o's.
Never see anyone riding behind them and more often then not they are towing a tube.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
Honestly around here the only G's I see are replacing cobalts and other big i/o's.
Never see anyone riding behind them and more often then not they are towing a tube.
Because that's the only demographic that can afford them lol
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-27-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
The boat has yacht certification. It's not exactly a core towboat.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2015, 10:01 AM Reply   
My crew is old. Waaaayyy past progression. I've had my knee operated on 4 times. I'm also waaaaay past progression. I ride for fun and because I love the sport. My crew has some serious style. I've seen plenty of guys go out and do 8 different inverts and mobes and while its impressive there is 0 style in their passes. All like a rehearsed pass.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-27-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yea I do hate that. And that's when a big wake is fun, for style.
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-27-2015, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
The boat has yacht certification. It's not exactly a core towboat.
^^ who said its a Core TowBoat... its a big nice day boat with a V-drive..WTH??
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2015, 10:40 AM Reply   
If this was an MB Sports, or Axis 26 footer, wake world would be drowning in fan boy slooge at this point.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       08-27-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
So has anyone started taking bets on when Lon is going to sink one of these monsters too?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2015, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimme View Post
If this was an MB Sports, or Axis 26 footer, wake world would be drowning in fan boy slooge at this point.
Maybe because they are actually attainable?
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Maybe because they are actually attainable?
Sure... so is a Honda Civic. I'd rather have a Ferrari.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2015, 1:33 PM Reply   
That was so profound.

Maybe people give less ****s about the things that they can't actually have. The average diehard wakeboarder is probably more likely to engage in a discussion about an affordable boat.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
That was so profound.

Maybe people give less ****s about the things that they can't actually have. The average diehard wakeboarder is probably more likely to engage in a discussion about an affordable boat.
Cool... doesn't mean they don't want the blinged out high end boat, they just can't afford it... and hate on what they can't afford for some unknown reason. Makes total sense.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-27-2015, 1:48 PM Reply   
I don't want a high end blinged out boat.

Our boat is a tool, an appliance for wakeboarding. The bling was overkill and the computers could become a nightmare in long term ownership.

Just like one would be interested in corvettes/mustangs/m3/s3 than in Ferrari/Lamborghini/911
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2015, 1:51 PM Reply   
So just because you can't have it, or don't want it, you just automatically don't like it or hate on it?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2015, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Plenty of people in my crew don't want a giant wake especially those that are still learning basic w2w. The biggest favor you can do for people learning w2w is to not give them a huge wake and help them learn the proper technique.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-27-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
I'm sure there are a lot of boats that put out some pretty good wakes.No doubt they are more than most can handle . The thing is they don't cost 200k for that kind of money it should be the undisputed number one boat in its class. So far its only number one in price . MC has a bigger reputation for bling and useless accessory's than best wakes these days . Every manufacture at this level should be building the best not explaining why its not quite as good but cost more?
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-27-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
I'm sure there are a lot of boats that put out some pretty good wakes.No doubt they are more than most can handle . The thing is they don't cost 200k for that kind of money it should be the undisputed number one boat in its class. So far its only number one in price . MC has a bigger reputation for bling and useless accessory's than best wakes these days . Every manufacture at this level should be building the best not explaining why its not quite as good but cost more?
Well actually correct craft cost more than Mastercraft per foot.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-28-2015, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post

And they don't have the best stock surf wave, so I guess the knife cuts both ways on "explaining why it's not as good, but costs more"

There isn't a boat out there that is the best at everything.....no matter the cost. Not to mention, this X26 was not produced to compete in water sports. It was made to be a family day cruiser that can do more than an I/O in the same class. Those customers want a super smooth ride, and creature comforts, way more than a pro level wakeboard wake.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-28-2015, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
And they don't have the best stock surf wave, so I guess the knife cuts both ways on "explaining why it's not as good, but costs more"

There isn't a boat out there that is the best at everything.....no matter the cost. Not to mention, this X26 was not produced to compete in water sports. It was made to be a family day cruiser that can do more than an I/O in the same class. Those customers want a super smooth ride, and creature comforts, way more than a pro level wakeboard wake.
Eric, the G is the best at everything. Everyone that comments on them has one and has 1000s of hours behind them.

That thing MC calls the X23 is a terrible boat
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-29-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
Is that per usable foot or are you adding the 2' of useless fiberglass in front of the bow seats on a MC?