Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-25-2012, 5:15 AM Reply   
My V226 is locked up in storage for a few more weeks while we attempt to roll into Spring out here in Vermont and I am hoping a few of you have experience with the Illusion X tower and my spacing dilemma?

I have 4 Bullet 770's mounted on my tower and I'm looking to add some LED light rings...the light rings are 1/2" thick, but currently I only have 3/8" space between the back of the front (outside) pods and the front grills of the rear (inside) pods, making it impossible to add the rings to the rear set of pods due to limited spacing. I had the dealer measure the same setup on the exact boat but never found out if they were adjustable.

I'm wondering if the mount on the tower is adjustable, allowing me to slide the rear pods back a half inch or so to give me enough room to mount the L.E.D. speaker rings?

If anyone has experience with the Illusion X tower and mounting tower speakers/L.E.D. rings, please let me know if they're adjustable or if it's 'what I see is what I get'? I added a pic for reference.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-25-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
Unless they significantly changed the mount since my prior 2006 Malibu, the mount is just two holes in the tower. So you really can't adjust the mount from the tower side. You might be able to redrill the holes in the cans to have a more forward mount for the cans?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-25-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
I think a practical solution would be to fabricate a mount like Chucktronics did or buy one from them. It takes the lower speakers and drops them down the tower

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1256593021
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-25-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
that's a solution, but not one your passengers will enjoy. The mounting position on the illusion tower is low enough to burst eardrums of anyone sitting in the back of the boat.