Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-26-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
Have an aquaintance trying to sell a pair of boards and 1 set of bindings for a decent price. I am looking to upgrade but not sure if either of these boards would be a good fit for me.

Boards: '04 Hyperlite Parks 143 and a '08 LF Lyman 139
Bindings: '04 Hyperlite Parks XL

I am 6'1" 220lb and trying to advance as an intermediate rider (riding 2 yrs) Currently riding a Hyperlite Motive 140 with Murray Bindings XXL - The Motive feels slow to me, also feels heavy. I like the Murrays, but they are too large. I slide forward in them especially on landings and it makes me feel unstable.

So, are they worth my time for the right price? Or can I get better gear (newer) since these are almost 7 years old?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
the 139 might be a bit too small for you. with that said, no one here can tell you which would be best for you. the best thing to do is to ask your friend if you can take the gear out to try. also, hit up your local shop and ask if you can demo some new gear. most shops apply credit spent on demo towards the purchase of new gear.

as far as the bindings, i would go new. demo as many as possible. IMO, getting good bindings that you find comfortable is far more important that getting a board w/ sick specs.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-26-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Yea, I would like to borrow them for a weekend and give them a try, but I wont be able to until two weeks from now (out fo town starting tomorrow). I'll probably pass for now and if he still has them at that time, give them a try.

All of the gear looks good, no dry rot or rips in the bindings, boards look good with no cracks or even scratches really. I dont necassarily like the laces on the bindings, single lace setup pulls tight in the back with velcro option 2 on front. I'm using the Boa system now an really like it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-26-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
You will enjoy the Lyman, you will either love or hate the Parks. I agree with Joe on the bindings.