Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-07-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Well, I've been looking for over a year now, and I think I'm bout ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 Moomba Mojo. My priority list is: 1) space, 2) surf 3) wakeboard. Max budget 50k. Ive been looking at MB B52s, Supremes, and some older models bu's. But I came across a 14 Mojo that I can pickup for right at 50k. Still waiting out some snow to test ride, but other than that...its a go. Anything specific I should know to look for or check on the test ride? I don't believe it has the auto-flow, is it easily surfable without it?
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-07-2017, 4:59 PM Reply   
Just get a suck gate and it will make a great surf wave
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-07-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
My buddy has a manual surf tabs on his 2015 Mojo. It doesn't surf very well. I think the mojo is the weakest surfing wise of the ones you listed. We worked at dialing in the 2015 mojo for a while and it still very sensitive to dial in. The push from it has always been my major complaint. I haven't tried the auto flow system so my opinion is strictly limited to the manual flow. If you do the surfgate on it, I would love to hear the review. I have materials in hand to make one for my buddy.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-07-2017, 10:31 PM Reply   
Mojo needs a lot of weight. 1100rears 425 under seats & 750ibs. If it doesn't have manual flow then get a suck gate.

50k seems like a good deal for a used mojo
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-08-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
So if they need so much weight do u lose all storage?? Or still plenty? I checked one out st the boat show but it was a 17, not sure they've changed.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
Well that kind of backfired. The guy who had the Mojo for sale was gone for a few weeks so finally just got around to going to test drive it today. Unfortunately, we skipped the test drive all together cuz the condition of this thing was much worse than shown in the pictures. I don't get how you can a 3 year old boat with so many nics and tears in your vinyl. I guess maybe that's why it was little less. Then I made the mistake of swinging by an MB dealer on my way home and the new MBs sure look pretty decent, but definitely out of my price range. so....here goes....Starting over I guess at 50k Budget... where to begin...
1)space, always want room for 12
2)surf,
3)wakeboard
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-02-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Well that kind of backfired. The guy who had the Mojo for sale was gone for a few weeks so finally just got around to going to test drive it today. Unfortunately, we skipped the test drive all together cuz the condition of this thing was much worse than shown in the pictures. I don't get how you can a 3 year old boat with so many nics and tears in your vinyl. I guess maybe that's why it was little less. Then I made the mistake of swinging by an MB dealer on my way home and the new MBs sure look pretty decent, but definitely out of my price range. so....here goes....Starting over I guess at 50k Budget... where to begin...
2)surf,
3)wakeboard
My buddy is about to list his 13 bought in 14 with 200 hours and in excellent condition for $54. Has a ton of upgrades. Only selling for a new house.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-03-2017, 2:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
2)surf,
3)wakeboard
You can find a nice MB in that range and the wave will be sick. Same with supreme. An older Malibu lsv is a great boat as well.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-02-2017, 4:16 PM Reply   

Golf cart batteries, full Exile system done by Kingpin, upgraded ballast, FAE, and more.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-02-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
That's sharp.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       03-03-2017, 7:10 AM Reply   
I will say the 2013-14 Moomba hull was short lived and redesigned in 2015, gotta wonder why. From a build/quality perspective I wouldn't buy a pre-2015 Moomba. They actually did step it up quite a bit in 2015 when the reused an older Supra-SA hull for the '15 Mojo.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-03-2017, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80AM View Post
I will say the 2013-14 Moomba hull was short lived and redesigned in 2015, gotta wonder why. From a build/quality perspective I wouldn't buy a pre-2015 Moomba. They actually did step it up quite a bit in 2015 when the reused an older Supra-SA hull for the '15 Mojo.

Wakeboard wake blows.... will surf pretty well when setup properly.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-04-2017, 6:12 AM Reply   
I don't know where you live but I have this available.

http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/43170184
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-03-2017, 12:11 PM Reply   
I considered 14 mojo before pulling the trigger on my 08 SANTE. At that time they only had manual flow on the boat. The wakeboard wake was awesome , nice consistent pop, great shape , really liked it. Boat was top notch inside for second tier boat. Tons of room and storage. Vinyl was great . Rode nice. Even for my 10-12 yr old daughters wake was perfect , touch meaty , but with the wakeplate you could adjust it nicely. Skied decent enough for me to run open water slalom sets and not get booted off a huge bump.

Surf. Surf was a let down for sure on the goofy side. We played with it for a while. The bow rise was ridiculous at surf speed and I am 6ft. The redesign solves the surf issues , but if you're looking for primarily surf I would not do the earlier mojo

Supreme is a great priority surf boat.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-03-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-04-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
The guys that were on Mojo's and complaining either didn't have them setup right or something. I rarely surf but a suck gate and 1100 with an IBS and your set.

Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-04-2017, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
The guys that were on Mojo's and complaining either didn't have them setup right or something. I rarely surf but a suck gate and 1100 with an IBS and your set.

It's OK let these guys think what they want. I've been on several 12-14 Mojos with anything from Enzo bags to GSA. It's all in the setup. If you want a huge boat that's only 4 years old for around $50k and can do it all, the Mojo a solid choice. Especially one with almost $10k in upgrades that's still like new. Anyone who's spent any time on any Moomba made in the last 8 years can't argue with the value for dollar Skiers Choice has with the brand and it's performance. They've been rock solid. Most other options similar to this age and price will only be 21' boats. If 21' works then sure there's other boats to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-04-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Yeah I really though that was going to be my boat. I was bummed the vinyl was a little rough. Maybe I was Being picky idk. Just a lot of knocks in the welt. And some spots where it's obvious a fin was dragged across the sun pad (not fully sliced thru but scored for sure) . And then on top of that I actually thought the vinyl felt very brittle. Almost like this boat had been neglected. So I'll keep the mojo in the mix, just not THAT mojo. My cuz used to have an LSV and i though the build quality seemed just fine.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-04-2017, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah I really though that was going to be my boat. I was bummed the vinyl was a little rough. Maybe I was Being picky idk. Just a lot of knocks in the welt. And some spots where it's obvious a fin was dragged across the sun pad (not fully sliced thru but scored for sure) . And then on top of that I actually thought the vinyl felt very brittle. Almost like this boat had been neglected. So I'll keep the mojo in the mix, just not THAT mojo. My cuz used to have an LSV and i though the build quality seemed just fine.

This one is sitting at a indoor storage facility in Portland if you're interested.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-04-2017, 9:49 AM Reply   
I don't have any straight wake pictures but.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-04-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
Also seems like the tower on the mojo sits lower?? I know tower speakers are head bonkers, but seemed extra low when I looked at the mojo. Hit my head more in that short time viewing the boat than I have in 8 years with virtually the same speaker setup in my supra
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       03-05-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
I had the same budget this time last year. I ran financing on a 14 Mojo but ended up pulling the trigger on a 15 Axis A22 that I got a steal on.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2017, 11:12 AM Reply   
so you've had a season on the axis...how you likin?
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-05-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
^this
Gates? Surf monster?