Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2014, 1:45 PM Reply   
My Slingshot Recoil broke a fin last weekend. It is is 3 hours away at our lake house

I have an older Ronix Covin at home that I could borrow the fins from, would they fit the hole pattern?

I understand this is easy to test however, the boards are 3 hours apart. .I just need to know if I need to find/order new Slingshot fins prior to leaving for the weekend.

PS *I suck too much to ride finless
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
I have some spare Slingshot fins I can hook you up with. What year is your board and what fins do you have (in 2013 they switched from the 8" to 6" long fin on the recoil). I have some of both I would share.....

When I get home tonight (if I ever get home..... on second delay from Orlando-Kansas City), I'll measure the hole spacing on my slingshots and let you know, that should tell you if the holes line up. Next obstacle is screw length, since the slingshot boards are so thin you may find the covin screws bottom out in the fins before getting tight. Hardware store will have shorter screws and way cheaper than new slingshot fins.

Like I said, let me know what fin size you need and I'll mail you one, how did you break a fin anyways?
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2014, 7:12 AM Reply   
Wow Dustin thats sweet, It's a 2013 Recoil...

I'm not sure how they keep breaking. The factory clear ones seem brittle. I broke 2 others and Slingshot hooked me up with a set of 4 to replace them. I decided to replace them as they failed so I have 2 somewhere but i've torn my place apart looking for them with no luck. It is all lake riding with no rails...

I'll PM you my address, you tell me how much it cost to ship and i'll paypal you some money.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-04-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
No worries man I've accumulated tons of spare gear over 15+ years of riding. If I can help someone out and clear some space happy to do it. I got you PM with address, didn't realize you in Canada... If I just drop them in regular US mail will they get there? Either way, might take a little longer. I'll see what the spot office says, either way might take little bit to get there.

Slingshot fin hole spacing is 1.5" not sure if that lines up with you ronix fins or not.
Today is 4th July so post office closed I'll try and get them out tomorrow schedule permitting.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
Karma point +5. Thanks a lot!

I basically have to order them from the US anyways (no local SS dealer) so ship time is a wash.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Trapper,

Just put these in the US mail for you today. Sorry for the delay man, I'm about a week late. The 4th was crazy for us and had work stuff come up the week following.

Hope you were able to get your Ronix fins to work in the meantime. Enjoy.....
-dy
Attached Images

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
There's some paint chipped off the edges from standing on the swim platform with them, These are pretty durable fins though. I think they went away from the clear ones they were using on some boards in 2013. Hopefully these work and hold up for you.
-dy
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-15-2014, 11:37 AM Reply   
Awesome! Ronix fins hole spacing is too far apart. I've been rding with one missing fin, which i've blamed one faceplant on.

Cost to ship? Can I send you some cash?
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
$8 US don't worry about it dude, pay it forward to another wakeboarder someday.
-dy