Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-31-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
This is obviously a scam:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-MA...item27c9be20ac

I've reported stuff in the past with no response / success. I wanted to see what would happen if multiple people did the same thing.

Click Report Item

Select "Listing Practices", then "Fradulent Listing Activities", then "You suspect that a listing is fradulent."

Hit continue, then hit send report.

Please post if you did this. Just wondering how many reports it takes for eBay to do anything.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-31-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
I'll bite, reported.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-31-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
At least it is not out of country and they will ship it to you for free! I guess if you really want to sell it, why not 24,5, it is an old X-star. That is probably more than than he/she sold the truck for. If you noticed, there is no Buy it Now. Perhaps they are teasing buyers to bid. But it smells like a scam.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-31-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
At least it is not out of country and they will ship it to you for free! I guess if you really want to sell it, why not 24,5, it is an old X-star. That is probably more than than he/she sold the truck for. If you noticed, there is no Buy it Now. Perhaps they are teasing buyers to bid. But it smells like a scam.
- Seller has 0 feedback, just created the account on 7/26/12
- Has a selling price on a bid-only auction with no reserve
- Stated selling price is a good 20k lower than a boat like that would sell for
- Seller clearly states (in his pictures so eBay filters can't pick it up) that he will cancel any bid that doesn't go through his "approval"
- Guide poles say "Utah Water Sports" which is a Mastercraft dealer in Utah

I can't quite make out the license plates to see what those are...but I am betting Utah as well. 100% scam, guaranteed.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-31-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
Removed
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-31-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
WOW, they pulled that pretty quickly. I'm impressed for a change with eBay.