Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-12-2015, 12:45 PM Reply   
We have a 2016 axis A20. Getting it winterized now at the dealer. They are also fixing some gel coat issues (noticed at delivery) and putting in the 2nd battery, it only came with one.

One thing we noticed from reading the manual is a mention of a indicator horn on the transom that is suppose to signal to the rider when the surfgate transfer is going to happen. It also mentions this can work with tower lights but that is optional but makes it seem like the horn is standard. Ours does not have this and so far the dealership is playing dumb. Last we heard they are going to check with Malibu.

Any experience with this?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-12-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
From my experience with Malibu, the sounder is part of the surf gate system. As to the lights, making them flash is a software function of the Viper. Only hardware needed is the option rear tower lights. Ive hooked this function up to speaker LED rings rather then the optional incandescent lights.
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-12-2015, 4:13 PM Reply   
Unless Axis added this as an option for '16, this applies only to Malibu boats. Our '14 axis did not have a transfer horn and the '16 T22 we demoed did not have a transfer horn. There seems to be a lot of crossover between the axis and bu owners manuals.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       11-13-2015, 7:31 AM Reply   
My '15 Axis doesn't have it either, my understanding it's limited to the Malibu boats.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Glad I have it in writing in the 2016 user manual. Looks like we are getting a surfgate transfer indicator.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-13-2015, 10:58 AM Reply   
The signaling horn was intended to be on all 2016 Axis boats. However, due to some supplier issues it had to be nixed at the last minute and the manuals were already complete.
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-13-2015, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tings00 View Post
Glad I have it in writing in the 2016 user manual. Looks like we are getting a surfgate transfer indicator.
Good luck with that
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-14-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
We have a 2016 axis A20
Congrats on the new boat! Let's see a picture of this toy. Hope to see it down in Powell.