Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2015, 2:48 PM Reply   
I'm looking at the new T22. I've ridden the A22 and loved the wake. I'm hearing that the T22 is a little steeper / lippy which is actually my preference. I usually end up weighting Malibu boats stern heavy for the extra lip.

Has any one ridden both with some extra weight that can share a review with me?

I don't surf at all, so the surf wake is of no interest.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-05-2015, 6:03 PM Reply   
I have rode both the '14 A22 & T22. I didn't notice much difference between the two. I am really splitting hairs here by saying I prefer the A22 loaded over the T22 for wakeboarding. With that being said, I have seen (not rode) the A22 with a very peaky wake loaded out with the wedge down. It took us some weight shifting to get to plane but the wake was awesome. I didn't get to see the T22 under the same setup. Personally, if you plan to surf too, I would go T22 or '15 A22 or A24. They all have a better a better surf than the '14 A22. This is coming from a guy with a '14 A22. Hop on axiswakeboats.com forum and look around. Plenty of pics of the wakes.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-05-2015, 8:21 PM Reply   
The 15 A22 is very similar to the T22.

It's definitely got more lip to it.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-06-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
The 15 A22 is very similar to the T22.

It's definitely got more lip to it.
I didn't notice it being anymore lippy than my A22, but I wasn't the boat owner of the T22 and he had a weird ballast setup (by weird I mean he had 800s in the rear but he also stuck two subs in the rear). I didn't walk away impressed compared to my wake. Honestly, I didn't even think to compare them at the time. I definitely notice the surf wake though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2015, 7:25 PM Reply   
Bump......hoping for more feedback here
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-09-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
The A22 is new for 2015 so it will not be the same running surface as the 2014 A22. If surfing is you thing then I say T22. I haven't been behind a 2015 A22, only my previous 2011 A22, my current A24, and a 2014 T22. I'm sure you won't need more than either T22 or A22 wakeboard wake but if you like lippy wakes you might have to wait to demo one yourself to see if the 2015 A22 hull is more lippy than the T22 hull.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-10-2015, 6:39 AM Reply   
Thank you. I'm well educated on the hulls and when they changed. I'm also not the slightest bit interested in Surfing. The consensus seems to be that the T22 wake in 2014 wake better that the A22, until they modified the A22 hull in 2015, and now it's the better boat again for Wakeboarding.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-12-2015, 1:33 PM Reply   
Jarrod! Seems you and I are both headed down the Axis path. I've ridden Axis a lot and you're for sure on right path....14 T22 had slightly peakier/lippier wake and in my opinion having ridden both a bunch the T22 wake was firmer also. I haven't gotten behind a 15 A22...yet... but everything I have heard, read and seen says they modeled the A off of the successful T hull so you're getting the best of both worlds. For me between the 2 I'd go A22 all day because the wakes should now be almost identical for boarding and I love the room (and look) of the pickle fork.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-12-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
Jarrod! Seems you and I are both headed down the Axis path. I've ridden Axis a lot and you're for sure on right path....14 T22 had slightly peakier/lippier wake and in my opinion having ridden both a bunch the T22 wake was firmer also. I haven't gotten behind a 15 A22...yet... but everything I have heard, read and seen says they modeled the A off of the successful T hull so you're getting the best of both worlds. For me between the 2 I'd go A22 all day because the wakes should now be almost identical for boarding and I love the room (and look) of the pickle fork.
I keep hear this from people online but I have friends that rode both the '14 A22 and T22 that say the opposite. Either way both put out a sweet wake. The T22 surfs better than the '14 A22. They fixed it on the '15 A22. Personally I would still go with a '15 T22 over '15 A22 for one simple fact. Go sit in both and tell me which one feels more spacious.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I'm going A22 after talking to a few pros that have ridden both, and someone in Axis engineering. Hoping to pick up my new A22 in a couple of weeks.