Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
The first new 2015 MasterCraft X23 arrived at TXMC late last week and I thought everyone would want to see a dealer boat in addition the two boats from the MasterCraft release day. I'm going to demo the boat on Saturday and will get more pictures of it--make any photo/video requests now!
Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-28-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Looks sweet...would have loved to see it in the water...
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
I'll get the in-water photo on Saturday.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-28-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
sooo nice!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-28-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
I like it. couple questions:

the legality of those transom seats? per individual state? only while not underway?

thanks
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
Can we see a wakeboard wake with full ballast at about 23 mph?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
Yes, I'm very interested in the wakeboard wake as well so I will make sure to get those pics.
Old     (pcuezze)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-28-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
I'd love to see the wakeboard wake for beginners - as little ballast as necessary for decent wake at 19-20... I want a great surfing boat, but MUST have a good wake boarding boat.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
Ok, will also get a slower-speed, less ballast photo for beginner wakeboarding.
Old     (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-28-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Can we see a wakeboard wake with full ballast at about 23 mph?
The Wake pro setting for the x23 on profiles only has 65%ballast @23.2mph. The surf profiles "mellow" and "steep" use 100% ballast including the rear sacs
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-28-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
I want to see pro level wakeboard ballast. 4k pounds
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-28-2014, 9:23 PM Reply   
That boat is sick!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-29-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
Wow! Love the interior. What's the MSRP on that? I'm sure MC doesn't allow you to post the actual price online or do they? The surf wave looks awesome, how's the push?
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-29-2014, 9:06 AM Reply   
Base price of Boat is $109,000 MSRP before discount or Options

Real world and Surfed out on a Trailer $135,000 before taxes
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-29-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
I like it. couple questions:

the legality of those transom seats? per individual state? only while not underway?

thanks
Legalities will vary per game warden or water police officer but yes illegal in every state while boat motor is running and boat is underway.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-29-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Oh its ok, people who can afford a $135K boat are above the law anyway
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-29-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Or can afford the ticket!!! LOL
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-29-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
My local dealer was pricing moderately equipped 14' x-25s with 6L at close to $120k. So I'd imagine since most build slots are supposedly full guys won't be walking out of the dealer with a x23 at anything less than $135 including the trailer.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
Man thats triple nice. The wave looks pretty bad ass!! The aesthetics of the boat are beautiful as per the MC norm. The only thing that seemed a little off was the seating seemed a tad squared off and less accommodating than usual.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-29-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
My local dealer was pricing moderately equipped 14' x-25s with 6L at close to $120k. So I'd imagine since most build slots are supposedly full guys won't be walking out of the dealer with a x23 at anything less than $135 including the trailer.
wrong. They will be less than that
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-30-2014, 4:38 AM Reply   
I've got to say I think this is one of my favorite looking MC's of all time right now. I've got to say though thats A LOT of exposed black gel around areas where bare skin would be the norm.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2014, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricsx15 View Post
wrong. They will be less than that

The expert has spoken! Please Mr MC expert, tell us about your most recent dealings on this boat that led you to believe I'm so wrong? What's the number?

Supposedly the most popular highly sought after boat that MC has ever come out with and supposedly all build slots for the next year are almost taken and u somehow believe that dealers are just going to be giving these boats away at close to their cost? Really?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-30-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
interesting. He also thinks a 10 year old blown out X1 is worth $40K!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
Man there's a lot to look at on that boat. So much going on. I like how some boats have been able to pull off that whole automotive inspired look. Good job MC.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-30-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Coming from someone who just ordered one fully loaded with a 7.4l....... 135k is a bit high for the average spec. A fairly standard 20% off MSRP will get the average X23 for about 120k.

For comparisons sake, mine is costing me $130,600.00. And like I said, every box is checked (except power tower), and it has a 7.4l. Had i gone with it fully loaded and a 6.2l, it would have been 121k. A 6.0 would have been 116k..... Still loaded. Taking off tower speakers and underwater lights would have put it at about 110k.

Now, we all know that all deals won't be that good, and some might be better. On the average, 20% off is pretty standard on an MC. Dealers might try to hold out for more, but there will be quite a few of these that are dealer stock. The dealers will certainly work hard to move the floor models.

I believe the additional special order slots are gone now. Only production slots left, are dealer reserved slots. Some dealers might put your specs in that slot, if it is ordered in time.

Who knows, Ron could be right about some dealers.... But, not all dealers will be in a position to over margin based on the shortage. They do still need to remain somewhat competitive with the rest of the market.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-30-2014, 11:48 PM Reply   
Why do people ALWAYS post wave but no wake pics ....??
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-31-2014, 5:45 AM Reply   
X23 wake from TT thread
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-31-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
Is that wake supposed to be impressive? Looks like it's overloaded on the port side, which I would expect to keep it clean much further back, but instead it's washing out a little early. Could just be the timing of the pic and the uneven weighting of the boat.

Would really like to see a pic of the wake dialed in, with a rider not mid-air and pulling the boat around.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-31-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
I'll try to get one tomorrow. And it looks like it's going to be chilly in Dallas tomorrow morning, so I'm pretty sure I can get you a wakeboarder-less photo.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-31-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
Tom from what I gathered on TT it looks like that boat only has 300 pnp bags in it. Also the guy said it was on one of the "factory" wakeboard settings which I think is like 60% ballast at "pro". I may be completely wrong here but my assumption would be that the speed is way too low causing the curling, there is minimal weight in the boat, and it seems to be unevenly weighted.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-31-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
yeah, it's clearly not dialed in
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       10-31-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
Why do people ALWAYS post wave but no wake pics ....??
I am in my early 30s..I still wakeboard a fair amount..but I really like to surf because I can try new things without killing myself..

Here is what I have observed:

70% of the industry is more concerned with Surf wake vs Wakeboard wake. Surf boats are claiming industry share. Just like Wakeboard boats took market share from Ski boats...

Just put down some facts.

Nice, new Boats cost money, nicer boat = more money..

Older people usually have more money unless you finance yourself to the nines to get a nice 100k+ wakeboat... Im not talking about a boat that looks like a Cardboard box on the water either (you know who you are). They have paid off mortgages, kids to go through school...they have a bit of money to burn now..

A good percentage of older riders cannot wakeboard like they were 20 anymore, frankly..things just break easier... What is a lower impact water sport except drinking.... Surfing....

SURF boats sell Period.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-31-2014, 4:34 PM Reply   
I remember when Axis first came out with that style of windshield they were blasted on here.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-31-2014, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2001 View Post
I remember when Axis first came out with that style of windshield they were blasted on here.
I'm not a fan of the windshield at all. Can you get a full length one?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-31-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
I am in my early 30s..I still wakeboard a fair amount..but I really like to surf because I can try new things without killing myself..

70% of the industry is more concerned with Surf wake vs Wakeboard wake. Surf boats are claiming industry share. Just like Wakeboard boats took market share from Ski boats...

Older people usually have more money unless you finance yourself to the nines to get a nice 100k+ wakeboat... Im not talking about a boat that looks like a Cardboard box on the water either (you know who you are). They have paid off mortgages, kids to go through school...they have a bit of money to burn now..

A good percentage of older riders cannot wakeboard like they were 20 anymore, frankly..things just break easier... What is a lower impact water sport except drinking.... Surfing....

SURF boats sell Period.

So you are trying to make a point that there is no point to post wake pics because most people that buy these boats (mastercraft) are middle aged guys with beer guts who don't wakeboard and prefer to surf? That's a pretty generalizing statement ... And one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here which is really saying something.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-31-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
Also the wake looks like ****
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-31-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
MasterCraft dealer told us you can get them with a standard wrap around windshield.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-02-2014, 4:18 AM Reply   
I'm surprised WakeWorld is letting this thread stay open. I thought you couldn't post pictures of boats in the boat forum.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-02-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

SURF boats sell Period.
Yes we know and we have been through this in numerous other threads. This is a thread about a new WAKE boat so many people want to see all the wakes it offers. Many of us are older than you and still wakeboard regularly.

Also, that 70% statistic that you claim is a fact... Was that just a made up number or do you have a credible source for this information?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2014, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Also, that 70% statistic that you claim is a fact... Was that just a made up number or do you have a credible source for this information?
58% of people don't fact check. The other 37% already know.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2014, 11:34 PM Reply   
Not a fan, looks bloody ugly in my opinion.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2014, 5:41 AM Reply   
Apart from the boat having a really cool intro video, what is actually new about this boat? Seems like there are like 5 boats from MC you can buy that are within 1' length of this, but none that radically different. All are supposed to be amazing wake & surf boats. What did I miss? Why don't they slow it all down, and focus on releasing fewer boats that are ACTUAL game changers... perhaps a leaf out of Nautiques book would be a good idea?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-03-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
^ Two and a half times as much hard tank ballast as any other MC boat in the 21-24' range. Added features you don't get with their only other 23'er. Only PF between 21.5 and 24 foot. More freeboard and different transmissions than the other models in the 21-24 foot range, etc... etc..

There is only 1 boat that is within 1 foot of this, and that is the X30. Not 5 boats.... And it is a lot different than the X30. It is quite different than the whole rest of the line.(only exception being the X20, which is much smaller)..... And, it did replace a discontinued model. They didn't add it on.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-03-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
What boat did it replace?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-03-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
X35
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-03-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
MasterCraft dealer told us you can get them with a standard wrap around windshield.
Would like that much better...not that it really matters, I can't afford one of these boats.
Old     (JWalk)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-06-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pictures TX MasterCraft, I can't wait to get behind one.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       11-07-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
So you are trying to make a point that there is no point to post wake pics because most people that buy these boats (mastercraft) are middle aged guys with beer guts who don't wakeboard and prefer to surf? That's a pretty generalizing statement ... And one of the stupidest things I have ever read on here which is really saying something.
The X23 is a "surf" boat of the mastercraft line up...correct? All the ad campaigns are aimed that way...

Just because they are middle aged doesn't mean they have beer guys..

Any luck selling your Axis Wakeboard Boat?
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       11-07-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes we know and we have been through this in numerous other threads. This is a thread about a new WAKE boat so many people want to see all the wakes it offers. Many of us are older than you and still wakeboard regularly.

If you look at every Manufacturer, EVERYONE has some sort of Surf device now. MOST boats are sold with a Surf device if available (NSS, Surf Gate, Surf Tabs). Every boat sold with these devices is most likely going to use them..

Just do a comparison of what each manufacturer offers 70% or more of the boats are surf oriented..Supply and Demand right?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-07-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you look at every Manufacturer, EVERYONE has some sort of Surf device now. MOST boats are sold with a Surf device if available (NSS, Surf Gate, Surf Tabs). Every boat sold with these devices is most likely going to use them..

Just do a comparison of what each manufacturer offers 70% or more of the boats are surf oriented..Supply and Demand right?

Very true but just because they put it on doesn't mean that's all it's capable of. I still have a hard time believing that people would buy this boat if it didn't also allow them to also wakeboard when u can buy any number of boats from other manufactures that do throw both a great surf and great wakeboard wake.
But maybe this boat does throw more than adequate wakeboard wake but if it doesn't then I still maintain MC screwed up in the design process! If it's known as a wakeboarding turd used resale will be horrible!

Now saying that I will say MC did a awesome job on design, it's a beautiful boat. And looking back and forth between it and a G I think the x23 looks better. It makes the G look dated in my opinion.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       11-07-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Very true but just because they put it on doesn't mean that's all it's capable of. I still have a hard time believing that people would buy this boat if it didn't also allow them to also wakeboard when u can buy any number of boats from other manufactures that do throw both a great surf and great wakeboard wake.
But maybe this boat does throw more than adequate wakeboard wake but if it doesn't then I still maintain MC screwed up in the design process! If it's known as a wakeboarding turd used resale will be horrible!

Now saying that I will say MC did a awesome job on design, it's a beautiful boat. And looking back and forth between it and a G I think the x23 looks better. It makes the G look dated in my opinion.
I agree with your logic. A lot of these surf boats CAN wakeboard but some are better than others...I guess it depends on how much you want to spend..Seems like the higher ticket price boats like the Nautique seem to produce almost equal Wake/Surf for both sports...I would rather not spend 140K on a boat..I'm in the 40-60 category... In the end its really a dick measuring contest a lot of the time LOL
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       11-20-2014, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
The expert has spoken! Please Mr MC expert, tell us about your most recent dealings on this boat that led you to believe I'm so wrong? What's the number?

Supposedly the most popular highly sought after boat that MC has ever come out with and supposedly all build slots for the next year are almost taken and u somehow believe that dealers are just going to be giving these boats away at close to their cost? Really?
Foot in your mouth yet? You love to ramble with literally no facts behind your assertions. I was quoted far under that for one with the 6.0 just like four fourty said. So keep crying over your supposed 120k x25, since my local dealer has one on the lot for 82k brand new.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-20-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Foot in your mouth yet? You love to ramble with literally no facts behind your assertions. I was quoted far under that for one with the 6.0 just like four fourty said. So keep crying over your supposed 120k x25, since my local dealer has one on the lot for 82k brand new.

What? Big deal your local dealer has a holdover x25 that they are now trying to unload in the worst time of the year. What's that got to do with a x-23 price? Again the most popular boat in the MC lineup right now.

And u've actually sat down and dealt on a x23? Have u actually ever sat down and negotiated with a dealer on any new boat? Or just done this with your parents and then claim your the authority?
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       11-20-2014, 8:27 PM Reply   
get mad bro. My parents live out of state so its all me bro. yes I've talked pricing with my dealer. Not worth the 20k over an x30 to me. Anytime any mastercraft post comes along, we all hear about your infamous 120k x25... you literally just come out of the woodworks with that argument every time. Dealer probably gave you an MSRP quote, since I can go build an x25 on the website with a 6.0 for 120k MSRP. Go actually talk to your dealer, if they even want to deal with you (which I'm assuming they dont since you pretty much got an MSRP quote) and you will see the X23 is not a 140k dollar boat like you claim

Its not a "holdover" BTW
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-21-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
Mad not in the least. It would take way more than some young 20something that thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the world to upset me. Your posts are always sarcastic and your constantly looking to degrade people. I'm used to your comments. In time you'll grow up and likely have a far different view of things. I'm also not the guy that gets so easily emotionally attached to inanimate objects as some do.

Again my claim was simply this boat, the x23, being one of the most popular boats ever for MC will not be given away by most MC dealers. The average folk(not all u guys who think your some kinda semipro rider rep for your dealer) will likely be asked to pay $135k. And as for the 2014 x25 I compared to the initial quote was $118 my man and the dealer was working from a $133msrp so he said.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
When asked about price, this boat (X23) was hinted at the $150k range.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-24-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
^ There is going to be 100 people saying 100 different things. It is the never ending BS when it comes to price discussion. Best thing to do, is build one on the MC site, and get the MSRP. Then take that MSRP and multiply it by .80. That will give you a fairly good idea of a well negotiated price. Some will be better, and some will be worse. A 20% discount is a pretty good average for the discount, and is a good balance of customer price, and dealer profit. (On a CC, MC, or Bu. The other brands typically run on slightly narrower margin basis)

MSRP range on the X23 is 109k- about 180k..... That should produce deals in the range of 87k with bare bones, all the way up to 144k fully loaded.....On an "average" deal. If your dealer is giving you a good deal, and not relying on the "X23 is really limited" leverage, it will be more in the range of 83k-137k, with most examples landing in the 115-120k range, if they simply opt for the 6.2l instead of the 7.4l.

Anybody paying $150k+, for this boat, (even if it has EVERY SINGLE option, with added crapper and kitchen sink) should kick their own ass.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-03-2014, 9:09 PM Reply   
^ for $150k I could buy a used 14 Silverado and a new 14 G 23 and be happy as all get up!!! And not own a over rated MC
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-03-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
^ for $150k I could buy a used 14 Silverado and a new 14 G 23 and be happy as all get up!!! And not own a over rated MC
curious as to why you joined team talk then, considering you own the most over rated wake world boat company of all time
Old     (Engineer)      Join Date: Nov 2014       12-04-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
Hey guys can you please do me a favor and take this survey about wakeboard winches. I need 300 responses and only have 8. Thanks have a nice day!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NKQK9HQ
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-04-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know I would call that quite foot in mouth. Avg price 120k. No mc boat is ever ordered bare bones especially when it's about to sit in a dealer floor. Add in tax, licensing, and prep your right at 130k out the door which is exactly where this boat sits. You seem to think people shopping for wakeboats automatically get 20% off. It's just not the case. Dealerships start high and negotiate down. Most don't know what a good deal price on these boats is and most are not getting boats for 20%off MSRP. Just because you may have a good dealership relationship and they quote you a bottom dollar it doesn't make it real world pricing.

As to the build slots being all taken already,,,,,,,,, I can't comment, but if that is in fact true and this boat is as big as a game changer as mc marketing makes it then you def are not getting anywhere near 20% off . It's priced more than a G which has been right in line with MC pricing. They are the highest priced wakeboard in the industry that's fact. Throwing a yr old X25 in the mix without an options list or an MSRP isn't going to win you any arguments. Fact is this. On average from past dealership orders and the way most dealerships spec out boats the 23 is going to be running 125-130k to get it on your driveway. Just like an avg ordered NXT will run mid-high 60's. Aoeta hold off on the foot in mouth comments til you have the facts straight.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-04-2014 at 9:31 AM.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-04-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Swatguy- talking with my dealer about ordering one they have more than 100+ orders for the X23. 15 - 20% discount is about the going rate on the boat. You can get one loaded with a 6.2L around 125K.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-04-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
That's awesome. The 23 I think is gonna be huge hit. It's styling is awesome. If the wakeboard wake is a home run look out. The x20 I think is going to flop. When people are searching 20ft boats having a 5k dry weight is gonna be a hard sell.

MC needed something to get their boat line back to the forefront. The 03-11 Xstar was their last WOW boat imo. The 25 had some huge potential but just never took off. If you notice the 23 is basically a bigger l,badder , newer styled 25. I just can believe the market for these huge $$$$ wakeboats.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-04-2014 at 1:20 PM.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-04-2014, 4:16 PM Reply   
Swat- I'm curious how you think the X23 is more expensive than the G23..... Starting MSRP is exactly 20k less, and loaded MSRP is 15k less, as long as you leave off the power tower. Now, to be fair, the MC needs the ZFT4 upgrade, to be an apples to apples base boat.... So in reality 16k less base price, and 15k less when comparing both loaded.

We all know the typical discounts are similar to CC. That customer not getting 20% off an MC is just as likely to not get 20% off a CC. Or is that somehow different??

Last edited by Fixable; 12-04-2014 at 4:25 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-04-2014, 6:32 PM Reply   
Eric

The base to base comparison def has the 23 priced lower. It's the cost of option per option where MC builds its prices. The engine upgrades , stereo upgrades, tower upgrades...Etc run you up much quicker on the MC side than the Nautique side. So at the end of the day when u option for option each of their top levels(ie top stereo bs top stereo, top ballast bs top ballast, top tower vs top tower) the MC pulls ahead from my experiences. In my area there is not t
15k difference. It's more 8-10 between the two boats .

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-04-2014 at 6:40 PM.
Old     (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-04-2014, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post

You are so right I would much rather own a Mb with plastic ballast gates, no t plug and one bilge pump over a Mastercraft
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-06-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_obvious View Post
You are so right I would much rather own a Mb with plastic ballast gates, no t plug and one bilge pump over a Mastercraft

I think those plastic quick fill ballast tanks are pretty darn nice actually. That and a person can buy 2 23ft MB's($70keach) with 6.2l motors for almost the price of 1 x23 is kinda crazy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2015, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_obvious View Post
What is a T plug?
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-08-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Swat- I'm curious how you think the X23 is more expensive than the G23..... Starting MSRP is exactly 20k less, and loaded MSRP is 15k less, as long as you leave off the power tower. Now, to be fair, the MC needs the ZFT4 upgrade, to be an apples to apples base boat.... So in reality 16k less base price, and 15k less when comparing both loaded.

We all know the typical discounts are similar to CC. That customer not getting 20% off an MC is just as likely to not get 20% off a CC. Or is that somehow different??
It's difficult to compare these boats at base MSRP. Nautique includes standard features that are an option on MC.
I priced both a G23 and X23 out using actual build sheets. I got as close as I could to making both boats equal with options.
X23 came in at 145k and G23 at 150k MSRP.

Where are you getting 15k less fully loaded for the X23? Using build sheets, I came up with X23 at 180,720 and G23 at 181,725. This is excluding gel options, ZFT5, and trailers.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-08-2015, 5:20 PM Reply   
when boats get to 180k ( for this type of boat) its like saying you are going to buy a pair of shoes for 25k. Its crazy. tell me where its value overrides the last 5 yrs in boat building based on "what advancements" what will it do that much better to merit that cost? Its getting crazy no matter if you can afford it or not. totally crazy.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-09-2015, 5:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
when boats get to 180k ( for this type of boat) its like saying you are going to buy a pair of shoes for 25k. Its crazy. tell me where its value overrides the last 5 yrs in boat building based on "what advancements" what will it do that much better to merit that cost? Its getting crazy no matter if you can afford it or not. totally crazy.
180k MSRP will sell for closer to 155k. Dont get me wrong, thats still a lot of money, but not many boats go out "fully loaded". The PCM 550 and Ilmor 7.4L are unnecessary for most people buying these and thats 18k right there.

As far as advancements, no boat 5 years ago can do what a G23 does. Add in new technology, more R&D, better performance and functionality, and more demand, seeing 100-150k Nautiques and MCs shouldnt be that surprising. After all, they are essentially the Porches of the water, and that's why there are brands like Axis, Moomba, MB.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-09-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
T plug
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2015, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
T plug
Lol, what? So that is a MC talking point now, brass plug with handle.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-09-2015, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
As far as advancements, no boat 5 years ago can do what a G23 does. Add in new technology, more R&D, better performance and functionality, and more demand, seeing 100-150k Nautiques and MCs shouldnt be that surprising. After all, they are essentially the Porches of the water, and that's why there are brands like Axis, Moomba, MB.
Seriously, no boat 5 years ago can do what a G23 can do?
You're High
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-09-2015, 6:37 PM Reply   
tell me this, if you buy a g23 that now means what? you have additional cup holders for more bear cans? You can do a bigger wake to wake, i get what you are saying but you cannot justify the cost vs the value. the entry level boats are using the hull designs, interior, and equipment that was once the premier boats of there time, and 99% of the wake boarding market will not maximize the old tech in the market. So how does these prices help the industry or the owners?

I am guilty of spending it. I have spent too much as well, but i decided to not buy a new boat this year (and i usually get a new boat every 3 yr) just because the costs cannot justify the technology.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-09-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post

You're High

I don't think he is. Tell me what boat 5 yrs ago was over 8,000lbs stock? And was able to throw a rideable wake for anyone from novice to pro at 23mph? Not to mention u can add sacks and get over 10k gross weight????

And could immediately go to a surf set right after a boarding set. Please tell me what boat in 2009 did that?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2015, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think he is. Tell me what boat 5 yrs ago was over 8,000lbs stock? And was able to throw a rideable wake for anyone from novice to pro at 23mph? Not to mention u can add sacks and get over 10k gross weight????

And could immediately go to a surf set right after a boarding set. Please tell me what boat in 2009 did that?
I would argue that there were more than a few. If we had surf systems available for the older 210, 230, VLX, 23lsv, x15, x25 all would do just what you described. The 8000 lb dry weight doesn't matter. Hulls haven't changed dramatically. Devices have. The technology part needed is nss/surfgate/gen /flow. Retrofit those to any of of the previous boats mentioned above and you would have the same. That's why mfg's won't retrofit. They wouldn't be able to sell new boats. Let's not forget all the big tricks were still going down on these old boats............. 10's, and doubles

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-10-2015 at 5:03 AM.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2015, 5:49 AM Reply   
Snapped this at the boat show lastnight... Uploading off of my phone and not sure why it's sideways
Attached Images

Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2015, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
You're High
I'm not trying to sound rude, but what boat do you think can compete with a G from 5 years ago? You made that statement without even backing it up.

No wake boat before the G has the storage capacity, stock under floor ballast capacity, seating functionality, in floor cooler, large transom walkthru, ease of bimini deployment/storage. The list goes on.
Engineers took the 23' length and utilized every inch of the boat. I'd argue that no one really did that before, including Nautique.

Strictly speaking of wake, no boat from 5 years ago, or even now, has the stock wake size that a G does without having to add extra ballast and losing storage.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2015, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Snapped this at the boat show lastnight... Uploading off of my phone and not sure why it's sideways
What does MSRP say? I can't quite make it out on my screen.