Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
Don't know how many have seen this video but I think it hit's the nail on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-14-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
yep. guilty as charged!
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-14-2014, 3:43 PM Reply   
Not guilty.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
It might be somewhat ironic or even hypocritical complaining about social media from a site that is somewhat a social media site "wake world" i've never done the whole MySpace/Facebook Twitter or any of the other so-called social media sites. However I love to be social but find social media things like Facebook and Twitter anything but! I think texting is great but I'd much rather pick up the phone and hear the other person's voice. I hate how the younger generation can get away with useing Text and page updates as an accepatable way of communications Seriously??? That's what you would expect from a computer "Updates and Answers" he is right the Machines we have programed have programed us!

There's a few quotes in that video that makes so much sense to me.

" we are a nation of idiots smart phones and dumb people"

"You have 400 friends but you don't know your neighbor"
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
^^^Yup. I don't do social media either. WW and one other forum (super tiny). That's the end of my social media reach.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
I don't use twitter and I only really look at Facebook but don't ever post much. I'd dump facebook but it's a good way to see what people that live in other parts of the world that I know are doing so I keep it for that. I will admit that I am fully addicted to Instagram. As a car lover, tattoo lover, girl lover, wakeboarding and wakeboat lover instagram is great for those types of images on a daily basis.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-15-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Moderation is the key. Video was well done, but trite. On the other hand, i did renew my committment to my face to face meetings. The irony is i only saw the video because of social media.
Social media helps me keep track of my casual friends and their family.Especially those who live a distance away. I see there chuildren daily and would only rarely see them without facebook/ instagram.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-15-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Instagram is one of the only ways I can stay in touch with those friends who don't live near me. Getting to see their kids grow up, while they are 2000 miles away is pretty amazing. The only people i talk on the phone with nowadays, are my parents. I used to think texting was for chicks, but now it's one of the only ways i communicate. Half the reason though is, kids. Have you ever tried to talk on the phone with a 7 & 3 year old in the same room, let alone house? It's darn near impossible. I do hate people who are constantly on them at a public even though. Enjoy the concert, meal, date, etc without your phone.