Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Lennokz)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-28-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
Hi Guys, regards from Argentina!

I'm looking for a new board and boots (I like the HL System and AJ's or Process boots). I mostly wake behind a boat, but now that we have 2 cables in town.. and we are excited too.

So I need a board, that is really good behind a boat and it's also good in the cable. I'm currently using a Ronix Mana and some **** of LF boots.

Last edited by Lennokz; 01-28-2013 at 6:21 AM.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
do you like the mana behind the boat...i got a 2012 Mana this winter but havnt rode it yet
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-28-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
Micah, my friend Steve rides a Mana. He loves it. Says the pop is awesome.

http://youtu.be/pmgv2lqyn_w
Old     (Lennokz)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-29-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
Like Todd said, the mana has a great pop.. also without fins it's really forgiven.

Any thinks on my question? ahah.. I was looking for the Hyperlite Process, Franchise, and Ronix Bill... i'm on the right way?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
I love the Franchise for behind the boat but would not want to ride it regularly at the cable. It has a pretty standard base that would not handle regular abuse. For that reason I added a Union for my regular cable board. I've yet to ride it behind the boat but there are a few riders that certainly do well on it.

If you are looking at the Hyperlite boards, the Union, Process and Webb boards will hold up the best on the cable (they all have the sintered base and the Union/Webb have 360° ABS rails).

To be honest, when you hit rails, all boards get messed up to some extent. I'm of the mind that picking up two boards is the best option. Perhaps find a Franchise from a couple years ago (same shape) and then a newer Union or Process. Just a thought.

Last edited by stephan; 01-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       01-29-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Check out the OBrien Baker! Ive never myself ridden it behind cable, because there is no cable in my region, but the reviews online are amazing! However I can tell you that it's one of my favorite boards behind the boat! It has great traction due to the molded in fins (which have a construction so they will hold up great at the cable), but is still loose and playful when you want it to be! The board has a great edge and the pop is EXPLOSIVE! Never has a board launched me as far as the Baker, and at the same time it has awesome height. The landings, due to it being a Hybrid Flex, are super soft and don't tire your legs out. All in all behind the boat its an amazing board, and I hear only the same for cable riding! The base, edging and fins are virtually indestructible as well, so you wont have to worry about that! If you can demo it I highly recommend it, and I'm sure you'll love it!
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-29-2013, 6:03 PM Reply   
I ride a process with aj boots for cable. Personally on boat I feel it needs longer fins, 1 inch or longer for boat riding.

As said before, it's easier to have 2 set ups. I have a LF groove as a boat set up and rides nicer then the process on the boat, but at the cable the process is the best board I've ridden there! Hope this helps. I'm more into trying air tricks over rails and the process is a very aggressive board for air tricks
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-29-2013, 11:17 PM Reply   
Check out the Humanoid Oracle. I would say one of the better universal boards.

Info
http://humanoidwake.com/blog/products/

Purchase link
https://www.supershredbros.com/index...id-oracle.html
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-30-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
LF Watson Hybrid or the CTRL Hustle would be my two recommendations.The Hustle is a bit heavier, but I personally would say that it's performance and durability more than make up for its weight. Both great boards, can't go wrong with either one!
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-30-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
What about the ctrl supreme? I haven't ridden one, but I know a lot of people like it on cable and Dylan prideaux rips on it behind the boat. After the news about Phil soven switching to ctrl I have been looking into them a little, and that board seems really interesting
Old     (Lennokz)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-30-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys!

Anaru: I don't think that the process fins would be a problem for me, I like to ride my Mana finless.

I'm looking foward to get one hybrid to ride boat and cable.. to be honest it's all about the budget here.. i can't afford purchase 2 boards (remember that i'm from Argentina ahahah)

I'm looking at CTRL an LF boards now! and Slingshot aswell.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-31-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennokz View Post
Thanks for the input guys!

Anaru: I don't think that the process fins would be a problem for me, I like to ride my Mana finless.

I'm looking foward to get one hybrid to ride boat and cable.. to be honest it's all about the budget here.. i can't afford purchase 2 boards (remember that i'm from Argentina ahahah)

I'm looking at CTRL an LF boards now! and Slingshot aswell.
U ride boat finless? Nice!!! Haha

LF best all round board for boat and cable I'd say is the Watson hybrid.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-31-2013, 10:38 PM Reply   
if budget is a primary consideration I would give real thought to getting 2 boards, for cable almost any board will do so you can go cheap, just get something from last season or even before, and definitely with a cable base and abs walls.

You can use one board for cable and boat but it wont last long, in my experience. It just gets too much of a pounding with rails at cable and landing in the flats behind boat.
Old     (Ski_Antique)      Join Date: May 2013       06-18-2013, 9:27 PM Reply   
I only have one wakeboard board - a Hyperlite Union with parks boots. I run it behind the boat with a set of .8" p-wings, and then take them off for the cable park. It's bouncy behind the boat in chop but has good pop and shock absorption in the flats. Lots of rocker and no molded fins so it's pretty loose when you aren't on an edge. It's super fun at the park, and glides over the obstacles really well. I like it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2013, 11:20 PM Reply   
Slingshot Response
Old     (Indywakeboards1)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-28-2013, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
if budget is a primary consideration I would give real thought to getting 2 boards, for cable almost any board will do so you can go cheap, just get something from last season or even before, and definitely with a cable base and abs walls.

You can use one board for cable and boat but it wont last long, in my experience. It just gets too much of a pounding with rails at cable and landing in the flats behind boat.
Not trying to be advertorial but we have just recently purpose built an affordable deck ($279) to withstand park punishment.....

***Clearly my opinion on this topic would be classed as biased***
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-01-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indywakeboards1 View Post
Not trying to be advertorial but we have just recently purpose built an affordable deck ($279) to withstand park punishment.....

I will attest to them holding up, some riders at the park have them and they've lasted while being blasted.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indywakeboards1 View Post

Never heard of them tell us more about them. All I am seeing is $399 plus 45.50 in shipping.

Last edited by tampawake; 07-01-2013 at 6:26 PM. Reason: added comment
Old     (Indywakeboards1)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-01-2013, 9:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Never heard of them tell us more about them. All I am seeing is $399 plus 45.50 in shipping.

As someone who understands the advertising financials behind running magazines and websites I am cautious about 'selling' (talking about) our products on a forum where I haven't spent my advertising dollars... yet

With that said if you wanted to hit us up on facebook
or
'Wakefool' facebook page for USA constituents (competition being run on wake fools page) for more information I would be more obliging...

Until we have finalised our advertising for this season and spent money specifically with Wakeworld I will refrain from spruiking on here.

I trust you could understand me not wanting to rub the cat the wrong way
Old     (Tylerwatson)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
I like the LF Harley Board 2013 model, its what i use. It has the grind base and is also finless. which i like. SUper light and very forgiving on the landings. Truly if you get any hybrid it will be a good board. You just need to look at what you want as far as a rocker stage, length, fins, etc. Figure out those and grab a hybrid model. you'll be good.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
I said before, and I say it again, 2013 LIQUID FORCE SUPER TRIP

Or select the fine ride of a 2013 Mutiny Vandall LTD
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
Vandall is good in the park?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-02-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
I really like the LF Deluxe Hybrid
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-02-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
I liked both pages. [

QUOTE=Indywakeboards1;1831212]As someone who understands the advertising financials behind running magazines and websites I am cautious about 'selling' (talking about) our products on a forum where I haven't spent my advertising dollars... yet

With that said if you wanted to hit us up on facebook
or
'Wakefool' facebook page for USA constituents (competition being run on wake fools page) for more information I would be more obliging...

Until we have finalised our advertising for this season and spent money specifically with Wakeworld I will refrain from spruiking on here.

I trust you could understand me not wanting to rub the cat the wrong way [/QUOTE]