Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have a 2014 MB F22, and I am having some issues getting fuel in the damn thing. Fuel door is on the port side of the boat.

Here is what happens:
-Place nozzle in, and begin to fuel and it will only go for a few seconds (like 5 or 6) then fuel will back up in the tube and stop the nozzle and splash a little fuel.

I have checked the vent, it works.
I have found that if i put the nozzle in upside down, and gate down the nozzle to like 1/4 to 1/8 I can let it go for about 20 seconds before it does it. I takes FOREVER to fuel all the way up.

I am blaming this on California, any thoughts?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2015, 8:03 PM Reply   
I do always turn the handle upside down
I also only turn the pump on halfway

Try that, but your issue seems strange....
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
I do always turn the handle upside down
I also only turn the pump on halfway

Try that, but your issue seems strange....
I wonder if its more strict vapor recovery or something...Ya the upside down/gated down seems to be really all I can do. I was just curious if there was another trick out there.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2015, 8:29 PM Reply   
I have the same problem (2002 V210) and can only fill at half speed on the pump.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       03-12-2015, 8:52 PM Reply   
On some boats I hear people have a rod they stick in to allow venting while filling.
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-12-2015, 9:04 PM Reply   
I had the same issue when I had a 2012 MB. The upside down nozzle works the best.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzalum View Post
On some boats I hear people have a rod they stick in to allow venting while filling.
I see, like a tube down the fill hose to the tank?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-12-2015, 9:54 PM Reply   
Chad...have same issue on mine. Just do what I do...take 25 minutes to fill the tank by leaving it upside down and on the lowest click until it almost spits. Then do 10 second or so shots at it until full. hahahahaha
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       03-12-2015, 10:01 PM Reply   
Still sounds like the the vent might be getting blocked. Do you know if the vent comes from back or front of the tank? Is there a slope at the gas station where you fill up? Sometimes parking in the opposite direction or at a different pump helps to make sure the vent near the top of the tank to let the air escape.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 10:07 PM Reply   
Yep Matt, that's me! Count to tenish, then let it rest for 5...sucks!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok01 View Post
Still sounds like the the vent might be getting blocked. Do you know if the vent comes from back or front of the tank? Is there a slope at the gas station where you fill up? Sometimes parking in the opposite direction or at a different pump helps to make sure the vent near the top of the tank to let the air escape.
I am going to add another vent possibly, I have checked the vent and it flows air. Does it at every pump. I am going to look at the vent location on the tank tomorrow.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-14-2015, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have the same problem on my truck. It is the damn CA vapor recovery systems that they recently made all gas stations upgrade to that kick off if they sense too much back pressure.

Trick is to flip your gas cap upside down and slip the lip of of gas cap between the nozzle and fill hole on one side to break the seal.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-15-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
I have this same problem on my truck, but pretty much everywhere, fast pumps are worse on it than slower pumps. I can never use the automatic filler tab on them, I have to hold it the entire time. I find if I stick the nozzle in as far as it will go and lift it up to create some air in it (similar to the gas cap trick Shawn listed above) and put the gas in holding the trigger right before it would click to the first auto filler tab, it normally works well. If I get a really fast pump it always shuts off, very annoying.

TLDR: Try to get some air space and pump it in slow, it's quicker than having to reset it all the time.