Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-08-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
I am currently riding a 2011 Ronix Bill 138 (I'm about 155lbs) with the 2011 Frank boots. I would like to make this strictly a cable board and want something with more pop for behind the boat. I've been looking at closeout deals on 2012 one modello but have read good things about the 2013 code22 as well. I'm open to all suggestions and brands. No place to demo around here or I would give that a shot. Any suggestions would help. I'm an intermediate rider with a couple inverts and raley but would like to progress. Planning on keeping the boots as they are in good shape unless there is a killer deal on some new ones. Thanks in advance!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-08-2014, 8:07 PM Reply   
I rode both and frankly I enjoyed the code much more. It was way more predictable and was much stiffer . It is much faster and landings are infinitely better. I loved both boards, but I really enjoyed the code. I ride behind a boat with an extremely wide wake, if you ride a narrower wake and are a w2w rider I would advise the one. If you like to go past like me and ride a wide wake I would suggest the code because of it's stiffness and rocker.
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 5:13 AM Reply   
I normally ride behind a 2001 Nautique which is a narrower wake. I am looking for something with more vertical pop than the 2011 Bill. Would you say that would be the One over the Code? Also, how would these compare to say an LF Watson?
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
Talked to a few shops and was recommended the Ronix Parks over the others. Also looking at the Time Bomb. Does anyone have experience with these models?
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-16-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-16-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
The Parks is a camber board. I would demo that before committing to it. Mixed reviews on those.
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-16-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
Yeah I should've mentioned that I'm looking at the 2012 or 2013 models, the new models are a little out of this years price range unfortunately.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-16-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Oh, gotcha. Last year's Parks is a whole other ball game. I know that both the Parks and Time Bomb are good boards but I don't know much about how they ride or if they'll fit your style so I'll bow out.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-16-2014, 11:06 AM Reply   
Vertical pop depends a lot more on you than the board. All boards can go steep and all boards can go wide if edged properly. When the industry sells an "extreme vertical pop" they are using nice words to say "this board is slow".

2013 Bill/William or 2013 Code 22 would be my choice. If you are looking for a true all-rounder go Bill all day long.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-16-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
My buddy rides the 2012 parks and I ride the 2012 One Time bomb, so the exact boards you are looking at. Both are excellent. No complaints at all.

I think the time bomb is a touch lighter and a touch stiffer. I used to get a new board every year, and for the third year in a row, I'll be on this board because there is nothing I'd want to change about the board. I really want to try the new camber boards, but until I actually get to try one, I'm sticking with this board. Great pop and I found on landings where I'd maybe slide out on with my Watson, on this board they are easier to ride out.
Old     (raj005)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-16-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. I will look more into the 2013 models as you suggested. As for an all around board, I'm not looking for a cable/rail board, I plan to use my 2011 Bill for that. It sounds like most of the boards discussed are similar with a few minor differences here and there. If that's the case, it will most likely come down to price as the boat is currently in the shop and that's never cheap!