Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    boarderrr            09-03-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
How is the 2014 peak behind the cable park? I would be getting the 2014 version because I think it looks sharper than the 2015 and i can get a better deal on it! Is it smooth/fast on rails? Good poppy ollie? Flexy? Good pop off kickers? Soft landings? Good with air tricks? A lot of questions but I just want to get to know the board before I get it! I'll be using this board with some LF vantage CT bindings most likely. Thanks!
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-03-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
How is the 2014 peak behind the cable park? - Good!

it! Is it smooth/fast on rails? - Yes, doesn't catch at all too..

Good poppy ollie? - Yes

Flexy? - Not as much as the Deluxe, it's a lot more stiffer but you can still get good flex with a little more effort maybe!

Good pop off kickers? - Yes

Soft landings? - Yes

Good with air tricks? - I assume it is, check out Victor Samon's riding on CWC @ Vimeo. (Dancing on Water)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
I didn't like it for air tricks, but another guy at the cable had no problem with it. I love my Vantage OT bindings. Plenty of support for carving.

I'm riding the Jobe Conflict and does everything you listed very well, especially the air tricks.
Old    boarderrr            09-03-2014, 10:07 PM Reply   
What about durability??
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-04-2014, 1:49 AM Reply   
I never rode the Peak, but i saw a lot of broken ones at the cable park this past summer.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
The Conflict is extremely durable. I've given my 5 months of pretty brutal punishment and the bottom is solid. The base material separated from the core in my Peak.

The downside of the Conflict is that you may not be able to find one cheap.

http://www.jobecable.com/men/wakeboa...eboard-series/
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-04-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
The Peak is very durable. I've been riding mine for 2 years with no issues. I absolutely love the board. Great all around cable board.
Old    boarderrr            09-04-2014, 4:58 PM Reply   
How is it compared to the 2014 schnook? If i were to choose between the two which one would be best for the cable park?
Old    boarderrr            09-06-2014, 1:29 AM Reply   
So if you were to pick between the deluxe and the peak which one would you recommend for what reason behind the cable?