Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2020, 2:03 PM Reply   
On my 2003 Nautique Super Sport the temperature gauge is not getting any power. I changed the sending unit before I realized the gauge wasn’t getting any power so I don’t think that is the problem. I’m afraid the Faria box may be getting water in from the speedo tubes. The box is located on the transom and any suggestions on how to repair this would be helpful.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-17-2020, 9:46 AM Reply   
likely single wire operation as the sensor is grounded at the block. also check grounds at back of gauge
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-17-2020, 11:43 AM Reply   
All of the grounding looks good. Is there a separate fuse somewhere I am overlooking?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-18-2020, 2:43 AM Reply   
not to my knowledge. gauge grounds are often connected to each other so check other gauges as well. are all others working?
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2020, 2:55 AM Reply   
Yes,all of the other gauges are working fine and doesn't seem to be a connection problem. I didn't want to but I am planning on opening the Faria box today to check for water and plug the speedos. if I take off the steering wheel, will the dash pull back enough so I can get a meter on it to check the connection for power? I don't have enough room to properly check everything under the dash. No room.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-18-2020, 3:21 AM Reply   
IDK man. sounds like a common problem on 03-06 boats...
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...-faria-gateway
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2020, 8:39 AM Reply   
Called the Faria technician, very knowledgeable, and he advised me to pull the dash and check the gauge, so I did. There is power, so the gauge must be bad. Now I just need to find a replacement which may be difficult. My first search of the Internet shows those are unavailable!!!! Anybody know where I could get a temperature gauge? Ugggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2020, 8:50 AM Reply   
Check Nautiqueparts.com. They have them on stock.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Or try: https://www.skidim.com/mobile/searchprods.asp
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Thanks but no luck. Fortunately, the Faria tech informed me that the tach has a temp. gauge, which it does, so I'm not as worried to be on the water. Hopefully, I can find one at some point.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-19-2020, 2:40 PM Reply   
Try this site: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...parts-for-sale