Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
so. mom and pops decided they wanted me to come on vacation with them this year so they heard me sayin i would like to go to a cable park. they found TSR and started plannin the trip. i leave tomorrow headed for san antonio.

this will be my first time at a cable park. ive been riddin behind a boat for 2 years now. i am know where near good but my friends say ill try the stupid stuff.

with that bein said, is there anything i need to stay away from? whats some of the rules. i know i cant use my fins and i need a helmet but besides that. whats the least busiest day. i dont want everyone to see how bad i suck. if i like it i might spend 2 days out there. any tips or anything?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-07-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
As far as I know, you can ride with fins out there. Dont worry about sucking because there will be kids riding around on knee boards. The tricky part is the turns, you have to go around the buoys or your gonna get worked and it still kinda jerks you around the buoys. It takes a while to get used to the timing you need to cut into the rails and have enough speed to actually hit them. Just cruise around for a bit until you feel comfortable. I dont know about busy days but am assuming during the week is less crowded.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-07-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
hijak -
Seth, did you get my text? sorry bro. lots-o-crap this weekend. should be good next weekend though.
end hijak.
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-07-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
You're allowed to have fins, but they can't be metal. Coast guard approved life vests and helmets are required. Don't worry about sucking, there are always beginners out there learning. When you get to the front of the line tell the cable operator it's your first time on a cable and he'll give you some instruction and help you off the dock.

Unfortunately this time of year there's always a line; however, I'd say it's the worst between the hours of 1 and 4.

Don't worry, you'll have tons of fun.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
I was just out at TSR about a month ago. The weekdays are obviously less busy than Friday and Saturdays. First thing in the morning or late afternoon is the least busy. You will probably see people who have never even ridden behind a boat before trying the cable park so dont' worry, you won't be the worst one out there. A lot of beginners fall right off the start so as long as you can get up behind a boat, you will do fine. try the flat box in the middle in between the Fun box and A-frame and the kicker on the far side of the lake until you get the guts to hit the big sliders.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
he week days are less busy than the weekends of course and in the mornings and late at night there is usually no line, but around 12 or 1 to 3 or 4 there is always a line
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-08-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
You should know that if you hit a rail, the last thing you wanna do is hit it with your face.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
ill remember that one steeze. lol. ill do my best to try not to end up in the hospital but the last time i said that i broke my leg tryin to ollie a stump that was too bigmand went to the hospital anyway.