Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
so my boat is a MasterCraft S&S 1979 model. i sacked it out with everything i had including some of my rather large friends to try to surf. this was the result. is there anything else that i can try? all the weight was in the back corner. there was about a 130lb person in the spotters seat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
anyone? im just really tryin to get the wake longer. im workin a pocket that really really short.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-28-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
From what I know, which usually isn't much,

To make the pocket longer, you need to add weight to the bow of the boat. Of course, this in turn will flatten out the wave, so you'll need to add more weight to the back corner too.

How much weight is "i sacked it out with everything i had"?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-29-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
I wouldn't say flaten-out. You trade height for length. Length is better as long as you have enough push to keep going.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
ill try to put some in the front and see what happens. im already prolly 1500 over the weight limit before i even add people.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Nick is that water I see pushing up over your rubrail in your 3rd pic??? Daaaamnnn...

Describe your sacs in detail. Size and position.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-03-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
no. at least not in that pic. thats a little lip on the top glass. but when we are movin that little lip is the only thing keepin water out. the rub rail is under.

for that set. i was usein that launch pad sac. im guessin the 300 to 400 range in the corner (3rd pic). half of another sac just like that one just to the side of it. then my 230 buddy right on the corner. plus 2 girls on the spotters seat. 120 a piece maybe?

lately ive been usein 2 water bed tubes that are prolly 150 apiece in the corner extending toward the front with the launch pad right beside them and the half sac in the front. plus 2 200lb guys on the corner. the problem with this set up is that the wake is soo steep its actually curlin over but its leavin me a pocket of about 2 ft.