Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-20-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
Real Wake edits are live on XGames.com, I'm in the midst of watching them all right now. Anybody else watching and what are your thoughts? Just finished Dom's edit and it was heavy!
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2016, 2:27 PM Reply   
http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/rea...real-wake-2016

Here's the link so there's no excuse to not watch these. After watching them all back to back, I didn't see one clear winner/favorite, so I guess I'll have to watch them a couple more times ...

Also happy/surprised to see Harley's wasn't obviously missing content due to the injury
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-20-2016, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yeah these are all sick!!!

Just finished all of them and I have no idea who to vote for lol
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-20-2016, 8:10 PM Reply   
I love this contest, but its totally subjective. My takeaway is that pure boat riders really dont have a chance at winning this. If creativity and doing/showing things not done previously on a wakeboard are the main criteria (my opinion based on last years results) then I give it to Dom. BP and Abadie for the 2nd/3rd spot.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-21-2016, 4:14 AM Reply   
Idk man
Twelker's part was prettttyyyyy steezy!
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-21-2016, 4:20 AM Reply   
These were all good this year. So much better than last years stuff. I'm going with BP although Steel and Twelker were close calls too.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-21-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
BP and Twelker were the best in my opinion. So sick.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Twelker is my vote. His boat riding was by far the best. Everything was unique. And he showed a diverse range of skills with boat and winch. The only thing he didn't have was a double. BP stomps it.

Last year it was proven by Mike Dowdy's part that you can absolutely crush it behind a boat harder than anyone ever has in the history of the sport, and still not win. One form of riding is not enough. So if you're show casing skills that don't include boat, I don't see why that would be any different.

Last edited by jarrod; 07-21-2016 at 9:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-21-2016, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
So if you're show casing skills that don't include boat, I don't see why that would be any different.
I agree. BP was my choice. He hit the streets, boat and cable park. Killed it with all of them.

Thought it was funny that Dominik took Harley's ender and added a huge drop to disaster.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-21-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
I agree. BP was my choice. He hit the streets, boat and cable park. Killed it with all of them.

Thought it was funny that Dominik took Harley's ender and added a huge drop to disaster.
Couldn't even make it through Harley's.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-21-2016, 1:30 PM Reply   
I loved all the sections. Such good riding, next level! I am going to be outlier on this one and give it Steel, just loved his whole section.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2016, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Couldn't even make it through Harley's.
He may have compromised. He blew out his knee during the filming for this.
Old     (nashvegas)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-21-2016, 8:19 PM Reply   
Cool videos! Thanks for sharing the link!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-21-2016, 9:07 PM Reply   
I vote for the anti-tobacco videos that you have to watch before EVERY video!
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-22-2016, 2:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
I vote for the anti-tobacco videos that you have to watch before EVERY video!
Ad blocker is a magical thing
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-24-2016, 3:33 PM Reply   
Predictions???

+ I thought Harley's edit this year was much much better than last's.
Old     (Paul_42186)      Join Date: May 2013       07-24-2016, 3:40 PM Reply   
Steel's part was my favorite, Twelker would be a second choice.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-24-2016, 6:34 PM Reply   
As far as variety goes, BP destroyed every element. I was also really impressed with Twelker's winch riding, and of course his boat riding was insane.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-31-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/rea...real-wake-2016
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-01-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Fan favorite winner....
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/x-g...-chris-abadie/
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-01-2016, 9:23 PM Reply   
Lol, i watched it live on ABC on Saturday and i was kinda disappointed with the outcome. I really thought josh twelker had the most unique riding of all of them, everyone else had the same tricks (double half cab, same old 7s), not only that but the way he would land butter sliding on concrete was dope! And he had broken ribs almost the whole time they filmed his part.
Attached Images