Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-26-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Great responses John. You are slicing the pacifier perfectly.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-26-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Jeremy, I highly doubt the math you are attributing to a photon making it to your eye from a constant source is suspect. You have something that is on 100% of the time and also is seen clearly in the night sky? That means the probability is I would say 100%.
Reread what I posted. It isn't the probability that you see the photons, it is the probability that you happen to see one particular photon. The given probability is accurate. Besides, I have used the analogy of playing cards on this forum on past occasions with respect to the probability aspect.

And I am not saying that this disproves God created the universe. I am simply saying that Borel's Law cannot be used to prove the creationists' view.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-26-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
prayer = talking to yourself with conviction, a guide book and support from others. yes, it is powerful.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-27-2012, 2:21 AM Reply   
So was the" Big Bang" by design?? If so who's?? John I find your "something tells me" inference both insulting and presumtuous. I believe in God,I believe in Jesus. Other than that you know nothing about me. I wouldn't expect you to know what I am eating right now tastes like because you are not experiencing it. You don't by your own admission know Christ so you cannot really knock him. How can you slag off someone you have never met??
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-27-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
Chris, do you really expect me to give you the answers to the origins of the universe? For all anyone knows this universe is just one of an infinite number of others. Maybe 1 out of 100 trillion are suitable to create life as we know it. A total guess. One thing I do know is that you cannot create an effective argument that we must have been designed by something that using the same logic must have been designed by something that must of been designed... ad infinum.

If you want to claim God has always been, then simply claiming the universe or the laws of nature that brought it to this state have always been is a much more compelling argument. Because of the two, the existence of the universe is the only one that is indisputable.

And... I do know you, just like I know everyone else. We all have the same origins and we all have compulsions in common. Who doesn't want an eternal existence with an eternal consciousness, and never having to leave loved ones behind? Or was the subject food?

Also where do you see me knocking Christ? And where is my admission that I don't know him? Quite the contrary I have repeatedly referred to him as an evolved philosopher. I'm knocking the perversion of his teachings by many Christians.
Old    deltahoosier            12-27-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
The probability of seeing a particular photon is probably more like it. The reality is, based on the math, we would not see that particular photon. The math is more than likely correct. Sounds like the premise is we called the shot so to speak. Saying that we choose you "a particular photon" and we will see you at earth is not going to happen. I think the math could be sound which I would say proves how improbable it it.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-27-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Why do I think god is 100% man made?

1) self satisfying -- man shows a great interest in wanting a god to explain life/death/etc.
2) globally variant -- man has created many different god stories over time and space.
3) powerful not -- man twists the story to suit our conditions justifying the powerless powerful.
4) time insignificant -- man as the focal point of god's 4 billion year old planet is silly.
5) space insignificant -- man as the focal point of god's 15 million light year universe is silly.

Means, motive and opportunity vs reality.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-27-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Never the less, I support everyone's right to believe in their god variant of birth/choice. Religious freedom is a blessing.