Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
How'd you guys like Michaels Farewell on The Office last night? I thought they did a great job with it although I think he deserved an hour long show. They did a good job of tempering the humor with what seemed like genuine human emotion. I wasn't exactly fighting off the tears but I did feel some sense of sadness and maybe a little loss. Ever since I heard this was his las season I've tried to imagine the show without him and I simply cannot. Will Farrel one of the biggest comedic stars of our time seems lost on the show so I don't know how they can bring in another person and have the same kind of winning chemestry as they do now. How could have Cheers gone on without Sam or Seinfeld without Jerry?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-29-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
love the office. I dont think the plan is to have Ferrel replace him permanently though. You gave me some inspiration with your Seinfeld reference. How about bringing back a past character from the NBC universe. Would love to see Costanza become the new manager after he quits the Yankees and his startup company Vandelay industries fails.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
Tings... you need to get a job at NBC. Maybe they could switch from selling paper to selling velvet?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-29-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
The Office is so bad now. This season has been painful to watch, with the exception of Holly. They should have closed it down last season, and definitely should have closed it down this season. It's just going to get worse.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
No Farrell originally was only set up to do 4 shows but I'm not sure if that was extended a little bit. It was good to see some writing that favored his talents last night. The Costanza idea is not a bad one, I certainly loved him on Seinfeld and obviously Alexander is a talented actor.

While I'll agree that this season hasn't been the Office of yore I'd disagree that its been bad. I think the looming departure of Carrel has a lot to do with it. I don't disagree that its going to get worse, especially if they bring in Ricky Gervais as has been rumored. At any rate I'll ride it out.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-30-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
I used to love The Office, but after Jim and Pam got married it has gone down hill. They should have ended the show on a high note. Modern Family is where it's at now!
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskiprosx View Post
I used to love The Office, but after Jim and Pam got married it has gone down hill. They should have ended the show on a high note. Modern Family is where it's at now!
I don't watch Modern Family, but I totally agree and about the Jim/Pam marriage being the downfall. I haven't watched it all season, except for Thursday. I thought it was good, but not great. I want to watch Modern Family, but need to start from the beginning. Since I am knee deep in Mad Men right now, I can't focus on another show. I am late to the game on every good show.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-30-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
Modern Family and Mad Men are both great.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-01-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
I loved it.

Emotionally It was the worst for me actually during the scene with Jim and the goodbye to Pam. It started to get difficult when Dwight read his letter. I thought the episode was just about perfect. I am satisfied. I got misty, actually, at Michael's slow realization that as a good manager he actually has created a self-sustaining branch. He did a good job. When he looked back and your gut wanted to scream "YOU IDIOTS HE'S LEAVING SAY BYE OR AT LEAST LOOK AT HIM" - he didn't need that --things were operating smootly enough for him to look back and walk away. Huge jump in maturity.

Pam getting to the airport in time ......

Carell obviously crying - wow. Redline.
The behind the scenes blooper thing they do for this season's DVD is going to be brutal when they reveal how hard a time they had getting through a couple of those exchanges. Jim's eyelashes reveal that their exchange was not completed on the first try. So moving.

When they're all really, actually crying... I mean without exception it got me.

On a brighter note, Michael's reaction to Oscar's present was amazing, how hard he laughed. That was super well done.

I'm satisfied. Seriously. Going into this season I realized they had a lot of ground to cover and I was hoping we'd learn something about where "Threat Level Midnight" is, and where Michael's book "Somehow I Manage" is, but I really didn't expect it. It's nice that it happened. Both.

It was a standout for Andy, Jim, Pam, Dwight, but GOOOOODDDD I am going to miss Steve Carell on the show
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
I think the episode was done great.
I feel that the show is past having a central character. There is a lot going on and a lot of good story. The episode ending foreshadowing how Deangalo isnt going to cut it as manager. Finding a new manager and it working out will be an interesting story to watch. Also Andy is maturing and coming into his own as a stronger character. I think his character is going to grow similar to how Daryl did last season.

Jim and Pam cant progress anymore and the writers have seemed to keep them out of the focus which has been a good move. They are a bit boring now.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-02-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
and ... Do you know how to high 5??

... yeah ....

if you do now's that time...

(Andy puts hand up)

not while I'm driving.

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-02-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
Jim and Pam cant progress anymore and the writers have seemed to keep them out of the focus which has been a good move. They are a bit boring now.
If Jim/Pam had a war with Dwight every few episodes it would be fantastic.

The snowball fight episode was awesome.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
The snowball fight episode was awesome.
Agreed! that was done so well. one of my favorite jim/dwight moments besides Jim dressing as Dwight
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-02-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
Bears beats Battlestar Gallactica!