Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-15-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
I went out today and had the best session of my life. I finaly hit a heelside where I came down right on the other side of the wake. the front of my board cleared it but not my back. I tried a couple more times but bit it so I stopped for the day. Im going back out all day tomorrow, Im pretty sure if I charge just a tad faster I will make it maybe strighten the knees a little more and keep the tension thru the jump. There were 2 chicks with us who were going w2w very easy so I think that helped fuel me since they kept calling my a weenie. I know I still suck but it was exciting for me Im almost there
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   

quote:

the front of my board cleared it but not my back.

if your front foot cleared the wake, technically, you cleared the wake...that's how it's judged in tournaments anyway. it's called "casing the wake."
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-15-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
sweet bro, can we see some pics of the "B" in action?

you arent powerturning on the lake are you?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2006, 10:55 PM Reply   
Way to go Danno! You are getting closer. Like Joe said, sounds like you made it. Just get where you can do it consistently. Make sure you are edging through the wake, don't flatten out when you hit it. Also like you said, line tension (which will come if you are edging properly), and get that pop as opposed to absorbing with your knees. Even though I can clear the wake consistently, I am constantly telling myself the above. Keep at it old man. With a bad a$$ boat like that, you better be getting across the wake, and don't let those girls make you look bad! Glad you found a couple riders. How much are you paying them? j/k

Later homie!
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-17-2006, 2:29 AM Reply   
u still suck !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA Good job Dan

Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-17-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Keep that handle in!!!

Good job Danny boy... you're still a weenie though
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-17-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
I know how you feel Danny. I've been working on HS W2W for a year, basically all part of just learning how to ride. I spent a week at West Coast Wakeboard Camp in June and Mike Schwenne and his crew of coaches finally helped me learn enough about how to ride to get me across. Casing the wake sucks. Ya, you are technically across, but when the tail gets all the way across you come down so smooth. What a feeling. I'll probably spend the rest of my season trying to get it consistently. One piece of advise, keep your nose up when you case the wake, or you'll be peeling your face off the lake like I do. Good luck
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
After viewing your profile I had to go back and reread your post to make sure you weren't being sarcastic. You've been registered for a year and a half, have 1400+ posts, a sweet ass boat and you still can't clear the wake?

That's AWESOME! I don't know how long you've been riding, but to have that type of stamina is very very cool. Congrats on the accomplishment!!! Keep it up.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Scott.....so you're saying he should have been registered for a shorter time, have less posts, and a crappy or no boat to be a non-wake clearer??

What's your point? Is there a standard ratio for "time as a registered user,number of posts,sweet boat and trick list" thing we should know about before we progress any further?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-17-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
Daniel, One note on the "keep the handle in" advice...

Try to use your arms to pull yourself to the other side of the wake. So in essence, think of "keep the handle in" as pulling yourself to clear the second wake.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
John....I can clear no prob, but lately I am trying to pop harder, get more height and start trying some spins. The closer I have the handle in, and harder I pull to clear....the further out in front of me my board gets.......what should I do different?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Fox, no dude, you're getting me all wrong. I think it's very very cool that he's had the stoke this long. I can only assume that he has since he registered that long ago. A lot of people come into the sport and give up after two months because they aren't throwing inverts. I think it is effing awesome that someone goes out, has a great time, loves the sport and is happy without doing whirly 5s after a year and a half. My post was meant to be positive, otherwise I wouldn't have posted at all.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-17-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
casing the wake hurts, it is so smooth when you land perfectly on the downside. keep having fun and progressing, thats what its all about.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
I've been riding nearly two years and I finally am just now w2w'ing it ... But considering I _was_ wakeboarding like, once every two to three weekends, and now i'm going out pretty regularly - that's where the difference comes in....

PLUS - A lot of us "crappy" riders are intemidated by you guys that are doing these crazy inverts, etc. I'll be honest, until two weekends ago, I have always been the "best" boarder on my boat because no one else can get up or barely stay up! I had a guy, clay, do some impressive w2w riding, etc, and it got me doing more "advanced" tricks trying to keep up with him.

You CIE / delta riders have it lucky that you have really talented and friendly people to ride with! hahaha.

(ps: not trying to rant, just kinda defending newb riders! :-) hahaha)
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
Im right with ya, I started last summer and dont have my own boat but I love it. I get out once a week or every other week and have a blast! Haven't been able to go w2w yet but i'm getting there! :-)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Congrats Dan! I'm jealous! Probably time to replace that boat pic with one of you going w2w!!
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Scott.....got ya now. I did read it both ways, but wasn't sure which way you were coming with it. Sarcasm tends to run wild in both directions on here sometimes.

I've taught 12 or more people to ride this year, one being a cousin of mine who can kill it switch and can do every surface trick in the book. He's a little intimidated by W2W because he's had both ACL's repaired in the past from football. Do these kinds of guys end up being the ones that can kill the rails at the cable park???
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-20-2006, 1:08 AM Reply   
Ok I just got back from Portland but wanted to give my next day update. First session out on Sunday Im out about 20 feet on my heel side I have this chiks named Laine in the boat who has the nicest ass I have ever seen...I turn in and start picking up speed I cruised up the wake striaghten my legs and holy cam down about 2 feet into the flats...I was soooo surprised my board shot out in front of me and it slip out and I fell back wards but I was like hoy was awesome....got up tried it a few more times and wiped out but was clearing the wake. I finaly shortend the rope 5 feet and cleared the wake about 3 times...it was an awesome day I am finaly progressing. On onother note....I was bringing the boat in and whacked a rock and totaly anialated my prop...guess there is a first time for everything. Atleast it was the end of the day and had the best session Ive had so far.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-20-2006, 4:50 AM Reply   
I love the random insertion and description of Laine's ass.
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
Get "The Book" and do all of the edging drills!
You will be amazed at how much better you will ride!
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-20-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
All this talk of "the nicest ass" is worthless without pictures. Don't mention it again until there is proof.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-20-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Forget this Dan.. If you ever learn too ride we will have too hear you talkin about your skills!! I'd rather hear about women
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-20-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
hah, I always ride better with hot chicks in the boat.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
This Laine chick should start a coaching business...traveling around the country helping guys clear the wake because her nice booty is in the boat!

I wonder what makes us more aggresive when there's hot chicks in the boat instead of two fat guys?!?!
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-20-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Just for the record, i ride like matter who is in the boat. I do want to ride better, I just can't.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-20-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
And just for the record Laine did make me push a little harder.....I am a butt man have been since I was 6 and let me tell you...she could be in a sirmixalot video..I do have a pic let me put it on here
text/htmlUpload
Laine.htm (15.5 k)
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-20-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
You have redeemed yourself
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Foxrep, Think about that, at least the two fat guys will give you a bigger wake!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-20-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Nice!! and good job on the w2w... just make sure the lovely Laine is in the boat from now on
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-20-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
dude, are you looking for new friends? I'd be willing to be your friend if you hang with chicks like that ... :-)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-20-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Lol.....last year I had an all guy crew this year it seems chicks are the only ones who want to go out. The great thing is the only other guys that come are my frined who is 46 and looks kind of old and another guy who is super scrawny and cant wakeboard so I pretty much am the cool one on the boat ha ha ha Rule number one for my boat guys can not be better looking then me and they have to have a smaller penis Thats why Ian is always invited right my friend..... lol
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-20-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
LOL. I guess i'll just watch
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-20-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
That.......is fawked up! If I was in Oregon, I would come steal away all your bitches...They don't want to ride on that washed out MB wake anyway.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
My 12 year old son just learned to jump w2w at camp and the main things were:
keep a good progressive edge
chest out
don't look down and keep your eyes on the boat tower
handle at hip

Maybe, if you concentrate more on the wake and a little less on showin' off for the booty, you'll get across! :-) Just a thought I'd give you a little friendly female advice!
Good luck!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-20-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
Whateva Flava Flav....that chick helped me grow some gonads....Im going bavk out this weekend and keeping the rope at 70 feet.....I will take some pics
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-21-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Daniel...get W2W 360's and she may go on a date with you and want to see your old ski pole!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-21-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Fox rep around the cole water Im not sure I would want her to see it
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Well I don't go wake to wake been for 2 yrs the lake all my life.I'm ok with that sort of but,I'm at work and it won't let me see the pic's. I'm not ok with that.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
does laine have a brother i can borrow so that i can get w2w??
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-21-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
So Im all excited about hittin ght elake all day tomorrow..supposed to be 107 degrees. The boat is already packed a lunch and went to pick up my daughter from her Dance class and just found out they have 2 performances they are doing tomorrow at the county fair. one is at 1:00 and the other is at 4:00 Hmmmm there goes my day at the lake but I would rather hang out at the fair grounds with all the cows in 100 degree weather
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
you could go cow tipping!