Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-23-2019, 10:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Unfortunately, it requires me to sign in and create an account to read it. Not gonna happen. Maybe you can post screen shots if it’s not too long. Or you can give us the cliff notes and then we can laugh and mock you for your crazy opinion.
It's another moronic broad brush hack job from Pesos about a crazy religious nut politician who worships militias. A no body till the left found another brush to stoke fear with & paint the opposition as crazy while ignoring their own backyard. The left is like the idiot who laughs at the guy who stepped dog **** while
they're standing on a pile of human **** surrounded by used junkies needles
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-24-2019, 2:42 AM Reply   
Lol I love your great illustration!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-24-2019, 5:23 AM Reply   
mmmhmmm
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-24-2019, 10:12 AM Reply   
Merry Christmas to all my digital bros, even the insane ones. I get some much pleasure from these interactions, thanks to all for the engagement.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-24-2019, 10:35 AM Reply   
p.s. Franklin Graham's characterization of Billy Graham's support for Drumpf is being called into question by other family members, most recently
https://www.redletterchristians.org/...ak-for-itself/

Franklin has tainted his father's legacy and shown himself to be as big a hypocrite as faux christian markj has
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/op...210896649.html
https://thebulwark.com/how-franklin-...athers-legacy/
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-graham-217077
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-24-2019, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
mmmhmmm
Yep. I still believe that. What’s your point of posting that?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-29-2019, 1:32 PM Reply   
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/o...gtype=Homepage

Why would a seemingly respectable, semiretired lion of the Washington establishment undermine the institutions he is sworn to uphold, incinerate his own reputation, and appear to willfully misrepresent the reports of special prosecutors and inspectors general, all to defend one of the most lawless and corrupt presidents in American history? And why has this particular attorney general appeared at this pivotal moment in our Republic?

A deeper understanding of William Barr is emerging, and it reveals something profound and disturbing about the evolution of conservatism in 21st-century America.

Some people have held that Mr. Barr is simply a partisan hack — willing to do whatever it takes to advance the interests of his own political party and its leadership. This view finds ample support in Mr. Barr’s own words. In a Nov. 15 speech at the Federalist Society’s National Lawyers Convention in Washington, he accused President Trump’s political opponents of “unprecedented abuse” and said they were “engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law.”

It is hardly the first time Mr. Barr stepped outside of long-established norms for the behavior of attorneys general. In his earlier stint as attorney general, during the George H.W. Bush presidency, Mr. Barr took on the role of helping to disappear the case against Reagan administration officials involved in the Iran-contra affair. The situation demonstrated that “powerful people with powerful allies can commit serious crimes in high office,” according to Lawrence Walsh, the independent prosecutor in that case. According to some critics, Mr. Barr delivered the partisan goods then, as he is delivering them now.

Another view is that Mr. Barr is principally a defender of a certain interpretation of the Constitution that attributes maximum power to the executive. This view, too, finds ample support in Mr. Barr’s own words. In the speech to the Federalist Society, he said, “Since the mid-’60s, there has been a steady grinding down of the executive branch’s authority that accelerated after Watergate.” In July, when President Trump claimed, in remarks to a conservative student group, “I have an Article II where I have the right to do whatever I want as president,” it is reasonable to suppose this is his CliffsNotes version of Mr. Barr’s ideology.

Both of these views are accurate enough. But at least since Mr. Barr’s infamous speech at the University of Notre Dame Law School, in which he blamed “secularists” for “moral chaos” and “immense suffering, wreckage and misery,” it has become clear that no understanding of William Barr can be complete without taking into account his views on the role of religion in society. For that, it is illuminating to review how Mr. Barr has directed his Justice Department on matters concerning the First Amendment clause forbidding the establishment of a state religion.

In Maryland, the department rushed to defend taxpayer funding for a religious school that says same-sex marriage is wrong. In Maine, it is defending parents suing over a state law that bans religious schools from obtaining taxpayer funding to promote their own sectarian doctrines. At his Department of Justice, Mr. Barr told law students at Notre Dame, “We keep an eye out for cases or events around the country where states are misapplying the establishment clause in a way that discriminates against people of faith.”

In these and other cases, Mr. Barr has embraced wholesale the “religious liberty” rhetoric of today’s Christian nationalist movement. When religious nationalists invoke “religious freedom,” it is typically code for religious privilege. The freedom they have in mind is the freedom of people of certain conservative and authoritarian varieties of religion to discriminate against those of whom they disapprove or over whom they wish to exert power.

This form of “religious liberty” seeks to foment the sense of persecution and paranoia of a collection of conservative religious groups that see themselves as on the cusp of losing their rightful position of dominance over American culture. It always singles out groups that can be blamed for society’s ills, and that may be subject to state-sanctioned discrimination and belittlement — L.G.B.T. Americans, secularists and Muslims are the favored targets, but others are available. The purpose of this “religious liberty” rhetoric is not just to secure a place of privilege, but also to justify public funding for the right kind of religion.

Editors’ Picks

Sweethearts Forever. Then Came Alzheimer’s, Murder and Suicide.

As the Ball Dropped, Our Life Fell Apart

36 Corvettes, Hidden for Years in a Garage, Will Be Given Away
Mr. Barr has a long history of supporting just this type of “religious liberty.” At Notre Dame, he compared alleged violations of religious liberty with Roman emperors forcing Christian subjects to partake in pagan sacrifices. “The law is being used as a battering ram to break down traditional moral values and to establish moral relativism as a new orthodoxy,” he said.

Barr watchers will know that this is nothing new. In a 1995 article he wrote for The Catholic Lawyer, which, as Emily Bazelon recently pointed out, appears to be something of a blueprint for his speech at Notre Dame, he complained that “we live in an increasingly militant, secular age” and expressed his grave concern that the law might force landlords to rent to unmarried couples. He implied that the idea that universities might treat “homosexual activist groups like any other student group” was intolerable.

This form of “religious liberty” is not a mere side issue for Mr. Barr, or for the other religious nationalists who have come to dominate the Republican Party. Mr. Barr has made this clear. All the problems of modernity — “the wreckage of the family,” “record levels of depression and mental illness,” “drug addiction” and “senseless violence” — stem from the loss of a strict interpretation of the Christian religion.

The great evildoers in the Notre Dame speech are nonbelievers who are apparently out on the streets ransacking everything that is good and holy. The solutions to society’s ills, Mr. Barr declared, come from faith. “Judeo-Christian moral standards are the ultimate utilitarian rules for human conduct,” he said. “Religion helps frame moral culture within society that instills and reinforces moral discipline.” He added, “The fact is that no secular creed has emerged capable of performing the role of religion.”

Within this ideological framework, the ends justify the means. In this light, Mr. Barr’s hyperpartisanship is the symptom, not the malady. At Christian nationalist gatherings and strategy meetings, the Democratic Party and its supporters are routinely described as “demonic” and associated with “rulers of the darkness.” If you know that society is under dire existential threat from secularists, and you know that they have all found a home in the other party, every conceivable compromise with principles, every ethical breach, every back-room deal is not only justifiable but imperative. And as the vicious reaction to Christianity Today’s anti-Trump editorial demonstrates, any break with this partisan alignment will be instantly denounced as heresy.

It is equally clear that Mr. Barr’s maximalist interpretation of executive power in the Constitution is just an effect, rather than a cause, of his ideological commitments. In fact, it isn’t really an interpretation. It is simply an unfounded assertion that the president has what amount to monarchical powers. “George III would have loved it,” said Douglas Kmiec, a law professor at Pepperdine who once held Mr. Barr’s position as head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, of Mr. Barr’s theory. It’s almost beside the point to note, as the conservative lawyers group Checks & Balances recently wrote, that Mr. Barr’s view of history “has no factual basis.”

Mr. Barr’s constitutional interpretation is simply window dressing on his commitment to religious authoritarianism. And that, really, gets to the heart of the matter. If you know anything about America’s founders, you know they were passionately opposed to the idea of a religious monarchy. And this is the key to understanding the question, “What does Bill Barr want?”

The answer is that America’s conservative movement, having morphed into a religious nationalist movement, is on a collision course with the American constitutional system. Though conservatives have long claimed to be the true champions of the Constitution — remember all that chatter during previous Republican administrations about “originalism” and “judicial restraint” — the movement that now controls the Republican Party is committed to a suite of ideas that are fundamentally incompatible with the Constitution and the Republic that the founders created under its auspices.

Mr. Trump’s presidency was not the cause of this anti-democratic movement in American politics. It was the consequence. He is the chosen instrument, not of God, but of today’s Christian nationalists, their political allies and funders, and the movement’s legal apparatus. Mr. Barr did not emerge in order to serve this one particular leader. On the contrary, Mr. Trump serves a movement that will cynically praise the Constitution in order to destroy it, and of which Mr. Barr has made himself a hero.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-01-2020, 10:45 PM Reply   
So who thinks alcoholic Nancy got wasted & lost the articles of impeachment?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-02-2020, 5:23 AM Reply   
Unsurprisingly, the senate investigation has found that the NRA was a Russian asset leading up to the 2016 election.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/76487...OjhxYcJo1JM-wY
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-02-2020, 9:06 AM Reply   
Give it up Wes. Your radical, hate-filled party of the boy that cried wolf and chicken little have been weighed, measured and found wanting. The jig is up. You’re like a record that just keeps skipping. Trump is still gonna be your Prez through 2023. NPR? Why don’t you just post whatever CSNBC or CNN has to say about it? They’re all interchangeable.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-02-2020, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Give it up Wes. Your radical, hate-filled party of the boy that cried wolf and chicken little have been weighed, measured and found wanting. The jig is up. You’re like a record that just keeps skipping. Trump is still gonna be your Prez through 2023. NPR? Why don’t you just post whatever CSNBC or CNN has to say about it? They’re all interchangeable.
Andy McCabe admitted he provided misleading information regarding the Flynn investigation. I'd expect to see charges from Durham there. Then the dominoes start falling as they turn on each other
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-02-2020, 1:06 PM Reply   
^^^Umm, Flynn pleaded guilty. Why did he do that? Because he did lie. Id expect sentencing soon.

Time. Its a problem for the *president. As more goes by, more evidence comes out.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...nt-trial-plans
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-02-2020, 4:46 PM Reply   
After this many smear efforts made by the left, they sound like Charlie Brown’s teacher. Even if some legit claims come up, they’ve worn out the public ear with their constant flood of toothless claims. The public is tone deaf from hearing the same tone for 3 years. The left doesn’t know how to choose their battles and will pay the price for over-playing their hand.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-02-2020, 9:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
^^^Umm, Flynn pleaded guilty. Why did he do that? Because he did lie. Id expect sentencing soon.

Time. Its a problem for the *president. As more goes by, more evidence comes out.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...nt-trial-plans
Ummm, McCabe will as well as the charges come. He was referred for criminal charges already. Durham isn't doing a hatchet job like the loony left did, it's a methodical investigation and heads will roll as they turn on each other. Sit back, enjoy the show, Orange man strikes back
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-03-2020, 5:58 AM Reply   
Before we get entrenched in our silos, I’d really like to hear everyone’s initial take on the soulimani (sp?) drone strike?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2020, 6:11 AM Reply   
Well, it ain't no Benghazi. Homey don't play that.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-03-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
from the archives
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2020, 6:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Before we get entrenched in our silos, I’d really like to hear everyone’s initial take on the soulimani (sp?) drone strike?
From a big picture view, there is no point spending more and more on military spending unless you plan on invading a few counties and controlling important regions with force. So it's great to know your tax dollars are being put to good use instead of that silly healthcare and education you could use it for.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-03-2020, 7:28 AM Reply   
Please, if Trump didn't retaliate you bozos would be raging he didn't do anything, IE; a few weeks back when he didn't respond militarily to Irans aggression. We're not going to invade Iran, Trumps been more than clear, no more nation rebuilding, no occupation, if we come we're f****ng s**t up & leaving, simple as that. Iran now knows they can no longer fight via proxy, we will hit direct. If they do act now, we've been clear they're losing their oil refineries then they have nothing. They over played their hand & won't much be happening.

As for healtcare, once again Ralph, what works for your much smaller country will never work here, every great economist has agreed there is no socialized medicine model that would in the states. The estimate cost is 52 trillion. We take in appro 24 trillion in taxes, under the lunatic lefts best case money grabs they can account for another 6 trillion. We can cut all spending of any kind & still not be able to pay for it. But again, no one gives a s**t what you think anyway, illegals have more of a say what goes on here than NZ.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2020, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
from the archives
They attacked our f’n embassy, you dolt! Trump wasn't looking for any trouble and he sure as hell ain’t gonna be writing them a check like our feckless, nut-less last president on his apology tour. It was a surgical strike that took out an evil murderer of Americans. Of course, you on the left don’t see him as evil because you’re so evil yourselves. I say, “kudos, nice shot and if all else fails, you made some libtards angry for not kissing their ring before pressing go.” Great job, Trump! Keep rollin out the hits!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-03-2020, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
They attacked our f’n embassy, you dolt! Trump wasn't looking for any trouble and he sure as hell ain’t gonna be writing them a check like our feckless, nut-less last president on his apology tour. It was a surgical strike that took out an evil murderer of Americans. Of course, you on the left don’t see him as evil because you’re so evil yourselves. I say, “kudos, nice shot and if all else fails, you made some libtards angry for not kissing their ring before pressing go.” Great job, Trump! Keep rollin out the hits!
The left can't even figure out what defines gender, I think I'll continue to ignore the dolts on geo politics
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2020, 10:34 AM Reply   
OOO these "Iranian SheeeeeeItes Heads"

I saw the (I-Ate-O-Toilet) "Supreme Leader" Saying how stupid Americans were for being in the region where everyone hated them. I felt like saying Yes Supreme Leader we know All teenagers hate their parents for the same reason, Im sure all criminals hate the Police as well.

It's a Suck Situation. I hate that we are in the M.E F..CK That place. I wish we did not have to be their,

But we all know what happens when you pull out of the ME & or have a Hands off policy like Obama did, That's when you get ISIS 2.0, IMO Obama Not Smashing ISIS is what caused MASS migration of the death cult or Muzzies threw out Europe. IMO we are responsible for destroying Europe threw mass migration.

Fingers crossed that the "SUPREME LEADER" is just another paper tiger Gawd Knows we don't want another endless pointless war in the M,E,
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-03-2020, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
OOO these "Iranian SheeeeeeItes Heads"

I saw the (I-Ate-O-Toilet) "Supreme Leader" Saying how stupid Americans were for being in the region where everyone hated them. I felt like saying Yes Supreme Leader we know All teenagers hate their parents for the same reason, Im sure all criminals hate the Police as well.

It's a Suck Situation. I hate that we are in the M.E F..CK That place. I wish we did not have to be their,

But we all know what happens when you pull out of the ME & or have a Hands off policy like Obama did, That's when you get ISIS 2.0, IMO Obama Not Smashing ISIS is what caused MASS migration of the death cult or Muzzies threw out Europe. IMO we are responsible for destroying Europe threw mass migration.

Fingers crossed that the "SUPREME LEADER" is just another paper tiger Gawd Knows we don't want another endless pointless war in the M,E,
if we left the loons will be howling that we abandoned them & allowed Russia to own the oil cause Orange man Putins puppet & is giving Russia the ME part of the conspiracy. It doesn't matter what is done or what happens the left will cry the opposite as they always do. Like I said before, they're a pack of hens that create & run from one hysteria to the next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2020, 11:41 AM Reply   
W2W any (R or D) or person for that matter with common sense cares what the Looney Left Say's, When I say looney left I'm talking about who you see on TV at night whipping up the Hen's your talking about. I agree 100% Im talking about people like "the SQUAD" & all the D's from California & New York, Basic S..t Bag career politicians serve'n up the kool aid. They will try and make political hay no matter what OUR PRESIDENT does
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2020, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
As for healtcare, once again Ralph, what works for your much smaller country will never work here, every great economist has agreed there is no socialized medicine model that would in the states.
What, why? Doesn't economies of scale make it cheaper as you get bigger?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2020, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
They will try and make political hay no matter what OUR PRESIDENT does
100% true but if you don't think drone striking the top general of a nation you are not at war with is an escalation which won't illicit a response your dreaming. I wonder how many Americans will be sacrificed and billions spent on this folly with Iran. If you think war with Iran is like war with Iraq, it's not. But have fun.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2020, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
100% true but if you don't think drone striking the top general of a nation you are not at war with is an escalation which won't illicit a response your dreaming. I wonder how many Americans will be sacrificed and billions spent on this folly with Iran. If you think war with Iran is like war with Iraq, it's not. But have fun.
We’ve been in a non-declared Cold War with those diaper-headed, terrorist, camel jockeys for decades. Cost of doing business. That MF’r was the POS that drew first blood-multiple times. If this was Obummer as Prez, we'd have had the pallets of unmarked cash on its way right after the embassy fire was extinguished in the hopes they might change their minds and not want to kill all Americans. Time to recognize the new sheriff in town, biatches.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2020, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
My money says Trump castrated them by publicly stating he’d go after their refineries and kill what’s left of their economy if they thought they’d retaliate. That was a friggin brilliant move that no libtard would ever even conceive of because of the threat against Mother Earth if there was a temporary oil spill upon blowing up Iran’s Schist.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2020, 6:07 PM Reply   
My previous “cost of doing business” statement was not meant as shrugging off potential American casualties. It was in deference to worrying about stepping it up with Iran in general. I really hope and believe Iran will be smart enough to know they’ve been bested already, but if not, they will learn soon that Trump ain’t no Obama kitty.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-04-2020, 2:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you think war with Iran is like war with Iraq, it's not. But have fun.
Are you trying to say it "won't" cost us trillions and accomplish nothing good?

Thanks to the last Republican President we spent trillions eliminating Iran's biggest enemy and turning it into an ally.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2020, 3:41 AM Reply   
Iran will never go Toe To Toe with the US. They will as they have for years drip tourture. Typically they have gotten away with a covert attack here a killing there. And over the years it adds up. IMO if you go to war with these f..k’s you have to overwhelm & completely destroy them.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-04-2020, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO if you go to war with these f..k’s you have to overwhelm & completely destroy them.
And then worry about what comes next (see Iraq, Afghanistan, etc).
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-04-2020, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Iran will never go Toe To Toe with the US. They will as they have for years drip tourture.
They don't need to go toe to toe with us. Bush gave them Iraq. Iraq was once Iran's arch enemy. Iraq's Sunni majority oppressed the majority that was religiously aligned with Iran. But now you can just combine Iraq and Iran into one nation. Bush's invasion of Iraq was a huge win for Iran.

Quote:
Typically they have gotten away with a covert attack here a killing there. And over the years it adds up. IMO if you go to war with these f..k’s you have to overwhelm & completely destroy them.
And then, like Afghanistan, send them pallets of cash to win their hearts and minds. When it comes to the ME we can't spend enough. Money is no object.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2020, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Iran will never go Toe To Toe with the US. They will as they have for years drip tourture. Typically they have gotten away with a covert attack here a killing there. And over the years it adds up. IMO if you go to war with these f..k’s you have to overwhelm & completely destroy them.
Of course, Iran will not go toe to toe with the US, they are totally out matched head to head, they will just ramp up what they can do, fund and organise domestic terror in the US. It's easy and low risk for them, and has a demoralizing effect on the US population. Another option would be a hit on one of trumps family, the optics on that wound be great for the Iranians.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-04-2020, 1:45 PM Reply   
sometimes one is much more powerful as a martyr.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-07-2020, 12:58 AM Reply   
Sometimes even Tehran secretly admits he was a moron causing more problems for them than good. Look at the attacks Iran has publicly taken responsibility for, then look at the ones they've denied & Salmelina (intentional spelling) was behind. Public optics & what really goes on are two different things. Without him it opens the door for better negotiations when the bluster settles & the chicken littles cool down. You liberals chose some stupid things to hang yourselves with always taking sides with terrorists thinking it'll hurt Chump then looking like morons when nothing comes of it & we move on. Congress isn't mad it happened, they're mad they weren't told about prior to the strike. They were kept in the dark strikes for years, but now they think it'll hurt Chump.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-07-2020, 2:04 AM Reply   
"100% true but if you don't think drone striking the top general of a nation you are not at war with is an escalation which won't illicit a response your dreaming"

What exactly was his peace keeping mission in Iraq again?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-07-2020, 2:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
"100% true but if you don't think drone striking the top general of a nation you are not at war with is an escalation which won't illicit a response your dreaming"

What exactly was his peace keeping mission in Iraq again?
Yeah I mean the place is usually so peaceful to begin with. maybe they'll shoot down a jet carrying civilians, or launch drone strikes in Saudi, maybe take a ship & show pics of sailors with handcuffs on, or launch terror attacks in Syria, Isreal, Lebanon, maybe sink a few oil liners or line the straight with mines.

What I hear from you guys is you're just fine with all the violence & killing as long as we don't retaliate of diminish their ability to cause mayhem.

40 martyrs were just made by their fellow citizens trampling them to death. The place is like a rabid dog that should just be put down already
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-07-2020, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sometimes even Tehran secretly admits he was a moron causing more problems for them than good. Look at the attacks Iran has publicly taken responsibility for, then look at the ones they've denied & Salmelina (intentional spelling) was behind. Public optics & what really goes on are two different things. Without him it opens the door for better negotiations when the bluster settles & the chicken littles cool down. You liberals chose some stupid things to hang yourselves with always taking sides with terrorists thinking it'll hurt Chump then looking like morons when nothing comes of it & we move on. Congress isn't mad it happened, they're mad they weren't told about prior to the strike. They were kept in the dark strikes for years, but now they think it'll hurt Chump.
How would this analysis not apply if a foreign actor put out a hit on a hardline top US official? Say a Pompeo or Haspel or Navarro or Kushner?

Each has made some questionable moves, each has been subject to internal criticism. But if any were taken out by China, NK, Iran or whomever, would you really expect that a more moderate and bad-actor friendly replacement would come next?

The more plausible outcome is that the successor is even crazier, because the assassination of the predecessor coalesces internal resolve against the bad actor. One need only look at a full scale multi-trillion dollar war with and occupation of Iraq after 9/11... when Iraq wasn't even a player in the attack at all. But Americans wanted blood and even moderates got sucked in.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-07-2020, 4:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah I mean the place is usually so peaceful to begin with. maybe they'll shoot down a jet carrying civilians
I doubt they've forgotten about that either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-07-2020, 5:09 AM Reply   
Finally a poll Trump is leading
Attached Images

Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-07-2020, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
How would this analysis not apply if a foreign actor put out a hit on a hardline top US official? Say a Pompeo or Haspel or Navarro or Kushner?

Each has made some questionable moves, each has been subject to internal criticism. But if any were taken out by China, NK, Iran or whomever, would you really expect that a more moderate and bad-actor friendly replacement would come next?

The more plausible outcome is that the successor is even crazier, because the assassination of the predecessor coalesces internal resolve against the bad actor. One need only look at a full scale multi-trillion dollar war with and occupation of Iraq after 9/11... when Iraq wasn't even a player in the attack at all. But Americans wanted blood and even moderates got sucked in.
No, I disagree simply because it would be regime suicide & lights out for them, in regards to Iran. And we have no intention of sticking around after. Iraq was a blunder, you are correct, big mistake. But was it the war that was the mistake or that our dumb Gov disbanded their entire Government instead of keeping most around during the transition? Iraq has funded terror & gave billions to other terrorist groups, suicide bombers, etc. No one knows if he had any financial ties to 9/11, none proven none not proven. There is a certain sense of irony in your statement there, you want Chump to come prove his innocence with little evidence to compel him too but Saddam refused to prove any of his innocence or whether head WMD's. There is plenty of evidence his bio weapons were moved to Syria & after Saddam was captured he told investigators he couldn't say publicly he didn't have WMD's or Iran would have attacked him.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-07-2020, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
No, I disagree simply because it would be regime suicide & lights out for them, in regards to Iran.

Saddam is gone (“lights out”) but do we have a better replacement government? Same for Afghanistan.

Is there a post-WWII example where this “lights out” strategy has resulted in a friendly successor regime? I can’t think of one. We bombed Vietnam Nam to rubble and then we bombed the rubble to dust.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-07-2020, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Saddam is gone (“lights out”) but do we have a better replacement government? Same for Afghanistan.

Is there a post-WWII example where this “lights out” strategy has resulted in a friendly successor regime? I can’t think of one. We bombed Vietnam Nam to rubble and then we bombed the rubble to dust.
That was my point with Saddam. In our infinite wisdom we disbanded the entire existing gov, we should have let them remain. Nam, we weren't willing to go all the way. WWII would never have stopped if we weren't fire bombing entire cites breaking not only the government but any will to resist allied forces. It's a cruel crappy world, Shawn. We are in endless wars because no one is brutal enough to go all the way & crush any resistance. The middle east governments are willing to go all the way at the expense of their own citizens if it means a caliphate is established
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-08-2020, 5:51 AM Reply   
And there you have it. Iran: "We lobbed some missiles to appease our people, no one got hurt, don't attack us, in fact lets talk". "oh, and we accidently shot down a commercial airliner, we know, we effed up, but seriously, it was an accident & we feel like total s**t about it"

I do believe it was an accident & they didn't mean to shoot it down. Before you all go crazy that it was an accident, most aviation experts are saying it was obviously shot down, Iran won't let anyone near the wreckage & won't turn the black box over to anyone.

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 01-08-2020 at 5:53 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-08-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
rod's favorite guy

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2020, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
rod's favorite guy

Apples and oranges. Clinton actually committed a crime worthy of being disbarred, you dolt! Why do you even bother here any more? You're on the wrong side of everything constantly.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2020, 9:34 AM Reply   
Well Watching TRUMP live this morning I'm glad #WW3 didn't kick off like many Snowflakes projected. I have gotten used to his style of talking. If fact I love it. Blunt straight forward no Apologizes!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2020, 9:43 AM Reply   
Did Shawndoggy compare Kushner to SALAMI?
Quote:
Dude your way off base.But your a Lib so I guess that's part of your DNA, O well carry on
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2020, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well Watching TRUMP live this morning I'm glad #WW3 didn't kick off like many Snowflakes projected. I have gotten used to his style of talking. If fact I love it. Blunt straight forward no Apologizes!
I disagree, he sounded terrible. The impeached one sounded like they just woke him up, breathing heavy like he just walked up a set of 6 whole stairs. …. he could barely read his own statement. Maybe getting senile or they have him on drugs. Clearly he shot down the general to change the current media coverage of his impeachment. Just wait the details will dribble out just like they did in the Ukraine mess he got himself into.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2020, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
I disagree, he sounded terrible. The impeached one sounded like they just woke him up, breathing heavy like he just walked up a set of 6 whole stairs. …. he could barely read his own statement. Maybe getting senile or they have him on drugs. Clearly he shot down the general to change the current media coverage of his impeachment. Just wait the details will dribble out just like they did in the Ukraine mess he got himself into.
Well I guess Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. If your a Triggered individual (and you sound like one) I bet words that start with TR get you twisted. As far as TRUMP drone striking a Terrorist, And TRUMP trying to distract, WOW you sound just like the AYATOLLAH of Iran. Those are pretty much the exact same words that came out of his mouth. Isn't that good to know!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-08-2020, 12:20 PM Reply   
The impeached one, hahaha. Even the dems are starting to question wtf is wrong with drunken pelosi. Can't wait to see 95's head explode in 2020
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2020, 1:15 PM Reply   
Well, GOP senators appear to agree with me, they were not satisfied with their briefing on trumps military move. Does he even have a foreign policy or is it just how he feels that particular day? Isnt that how women make decisions? Talk about a F'n snowflake...
https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...rce=reddit.com
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2020, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
. Does he even have a foreign policy or is it just how he feels that particular day? I
95 you sound like the typical government worker, ya know the kind that gets caught drinking or sleeping on the job and when you get called in to the Bosses office and he fires you, You stand up and ask to see the Employee Handbook & where it shows where you Can’t sleep and Drink booze on the Job. You think these M.E terrorists follow foreign policy and abide by it. Your just another goon looking to bitch about what ever. Save your energy you’re going to need it to scream at the sky in 2020
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-08-2020, 2:55 PM Reply   
Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, emerged from the briefing visibly angry, complaining of hollow assurances that lawmakers would be consulted.

“Drive-by notification or after-the-fact, lame briefings like the one we just received aren’t adequate,” he said.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-08-2020, 4:25 PM Reply   
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2020, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
95 you sound like the typical government worker, ya know the kind that gets caught drinking or sleeping on the job and when you get called in to the Bosses office and he fires you, You stand up and ask to see the Employee Handbook & where it shows where you Can’t sleep and Drink booze on the Job. You think these M.E terrorists follow foreign policy and abide by it. Your just another goon looking to bitch about what ever. Save your energy you’re going to need it to scream at the sky in 2020
LOL So true so true.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2020, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, emerged from the briefing visibly angry, complaining of hollow assurances that lawmakers would be consulted.

“Drive-by notification or after-the-fact, lame briefings like the one we just received aren’t adequate,” he said.
Strike 134 for you. Tough wake77 for Mikey. Deal with it. When he's Prez, he can make his own foreign policy. Until then, shut up. Trump is coming out the winner in all aspects so far and showing Reagan-like qualities. Reagan was just more polished. Reagan had more civil political opponents though and didn't have a media as openly pure evil as the current one so it's all relative.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2020, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
He hasn't been impeached, you brain donor. Breathing heavy? Senile and on drugs? Project much? The dude outworks everyone around him. It's public knowledge he works hard and plays hard. News at 11:00. You mean he wanted to change coverage of the illegitimate impeachment scam/hoax? I couldn't care less if he blew up that murderer of Americans just for his own personal fun and entertainment. He was taking out the trash for America as well as the rest of the world. So we let Iran then fire a few missiles into Iraq. Big deal. That was like letting your little brother hit you back a few times to get it out of his system and go to bed. You people need to get a life and stop posting here until you have something of substance. All you do is fling wake77 to see what sticks.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-09-2020, 1:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
He hasn't been impeached, you brain donor. Breathing heavy? Senile and on drugs? Project much? The dude outworks everyone around him. It's public knowledge he works hard and plays hard. News at 11:00. You mean he wanted to change coverage of the illegitimate impeachment scam/hoax? I couldn't care less if he blew up that murderer of Americans just for his own personal fun and entertainment. He was taking out the trash for America as well as the rest of the world. So we let Iran then fire a few missiles into Iraq. Big deal. That was like letting your little brother hit you back a few times to get it out of his system and go to bed. You people need to get a life and stop posting here until you have something of substance. All you do is fling wake77 to see what sticks.
How many pages of arguing are there on this thread and there are people who don't even understand the most basic political fundamentals. Trump has been impeached. You are impeached by the house... This is why coaches should not be teaching government in public schools.

Also, if you think it is a scam/hoax, I don't even know what to say. There is a lot and I mean a lot of evidence and Trump has personally gaged the entire ring of people around him. You don't typically gag people that could exonerate you. Do his actions warrant removal from office, I couldn't say because I am not a constitutional lawyer, but did he do it? All signs point to yes and literally none to no. He may not be guilty in a legal sense, but common sense...

Also, if you think a 74 year old man can out work me, a 39 year old business owner with a kid and another on the way, that still makes time for the gym and maintains an extensive arsenal of wakeboard tricks (remember this is a wake site), I will laugh in your face. He isn't even physically capable. Both Hillary and Trump were too old to ever be considered for president. Let's elect people who will be alive to see the consequences of their political actions.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2020, 3:01 AM Reply   
@skiboarder - Seriously man? I am a 50 year old multi business owner, multiple property owner, coach (5) baseball teams including the high school team, own and operate a catering business, donate 10K a year to our local kids sports programs, still wakeboarding once or twice a week in the summer and find plenty of time for my family and friends. I generally function on 4 hours of sleep a day. I work circles around anybody I know and do so by massive multi tasking. Some people (which often end as entrepreneurs) just move at a different pace and think differently. It has been well documented that President Trump has the same kind of energy, even at his age. I am not saying he is as sharp as he was at 50 or 30, but that does not mean he does not outwork most. He did not need the money or additional power and could have rode out his retirement playing golfing and hob nobbing with celebrities or whomever. Keep in mind before he was president, the dude was popular and many loved him. You had rappers, athletes, politicians, Hollywood and country leaders that all loved the guy. Three years later he is the devil!

If the impeachment is such a lock, why on earth are they delaying? It would have looked way better to the public if they rushed the articles, then sent it over to prove what they had was such an emergency it could not wait. Waiting makes the dems look weak and makes the case look weaker. If this was a business deal or negotiations I was personally working on, I would see this as weakness and I would pounce on the opening. I personally was not at the impeachment or even read through it, but if they had enough evidence, they absolutely would be on the gas peddle with 10 months until the election. I have racked my brain and talked to main people to figure out what the angle is to delay the process. The only possible scenario is thinking they want to delay it a few months so it ends up in the news all summer and closer to the election. I would think if they had " the nuts in poker terms", they would drop the hammer now and be able to use it for marketing for the test of the year.

I do know that the Reps, have over $100 million in campaign funds for his re-election marketing as well as many senators along the way, which i suspect will have a big factor in many key states. Ultimately there is not a single great opposing Dem. at this point to go against him, so I think he takes the next 5 years unless somehow the financial markets crash or the impeachment turns up something that he can not blow off.

No matter what happens in November, other than his bruised ego, the dude walks away with far more money making options that he had going in, and has private security for life. Unlike presidents that became millionaires while in office, he came in office wealthy and once he is done, will make gillions on books, movies, and appearances alone not to mention the business connections he has made globally that he did not already have.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2020, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Keep in mind before he was president, the dude was popular and many loved him. You had rappers, athletes, politicians, Hollywood and country leaders that all loved the guy. Three years later he is the devil!
This might be surprising to you, but a lot of us don't form our opinion about someone being qualified for President by listening to what entertainers love. If Americans put what they love in the WH, it would be full of cats and dogs.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
How many pages of arguing are there on this thread and there are people who don't even understand the most basic political fundamentals. Trump has been impeached. You are impeached by the house... This is why coaches should not be teaching government in public schools.

Also, if you think it is a scam/hoax, I don't even know what to say. There is a lot and I mean a lot of evidence and Trump has personally gaged the entire ring of people around him. You don't typically gag people that could exonerate you. Do his actions warrant removal from office, I couldn't say because I am not a constitutional lawyer, but did he do it? All signs point to yes and literally none to no. He may not be guilty in a legal sense, but common sense...

Also, if you think a 74 year old man can out work me, a 39 year old business owner with a kid and another on the way, that still makes time for the gym and maintains an extensive arsenal of wakeboard tricks (remember this is a wake site), I will laugh in your face. He isn't even physically capable. Both Hillary and Trump were too old to ever be considered for president. Let's elect people who will be alive to see the consequences of their political actions.
He’s actually not impeached unless and until it gets submitted to the Senate. Turn off Don Lemon. Turn off the CNN and MSNBC. You’ve just outed yourself as one of the stupid sheeple.

If an evil mob came to me, wanting to bear false witness against me, I wouldn’t give them any tools to do it with. I certainly wouldn’t allow those around me to be coerced into repeating the narrative of the evil mob. We’ve already seen plenty of people around Trump be entrapped and sent to jail. Screw that. We’ve also already seen plenty of leftist idiots like Al Green etc admitting to plotting against Trump before he even took office. That’s what makes this a scam/hoax.

As for what “he did,” I’m actually glad if he asked Ukraine’s Prez to look into the clear corruption that existed. What “he did” was not illegal.

As for his energy levels, it’s not my words or ideas. It’s the people around him that have said he’s hard to keep up with. Like Buffalo and a lot of self-employed people, he hardly sleeps.

Need more evidence that this is a scam/hoax? A friend recently sent this link to me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mr_BLt...ature=youtu.be
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-09-2020, 4:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

So much irony. Constitutional law expert, democrat, Tulley has already explained in great detailed he is not impeached till the articles are sent to the house. Go back to huffing the thin air & follow your own advice about an education. Even other democrats are calling out their own party.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-09-2020, 4:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
So much irony. Constitutional law expert, democrat, Tulley has already explained in great detailed he is not impeached till the articles are sent to the house. Go back to huffing the thin air & follow your own advice about an education. Even other democrats are calling out their own party.

I think you mean senate. Not sure why the house would need to send itself the articles.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-09-2020, 4:46 AM Reply   
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/09/mnuc...-election.html this number is going to be astronomical.

"The Government Accountability Office published a report in January 2019 finding that federal agencies incurred costs of $13.6 million in a period of just over amonth in 2017 when Trump took four trips to his Florida club Mar-a-Lago.

In comparison, the government spent about $97 million on travel costs related to former President Barak Obama over his eight year term, the conservative activist group Judicial Watch found in 2016."

Last edited by onlyinboards; 01-09-2020 at 4:50 AM. Reason: add quote
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/09/mnuc...-election.html this number is going to be astronomical.

"The Government Accountability Office published a report in January 2019 finding that federal agencies incurred costs of $13.6 million in a period of just over amonth in 2017 when Trump took four trips to his Florida club Mar-a-Lago.

In comparison, the government spent about $97 million on travel costs related to former President Barak Obama over his eight year term, the conservative activist group Judicial Watch found in 2016."
Money well spent when you consider what he’s brought to the table-which is the most since Reagan. It’s like bitching about the contract amount paid to your boy, Mahomes. Shut up, pay the man what he’s worth and enjoy all the winning.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-09-2020, 5:42 AM Reply   
Buffalow, you are 50. I still consider that peak production age and a completely appropriate age for a president--not 74. He will most likely be dead in a decade and that isn't some kind of opinion.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 6:10 AM Reply   
Reagan was a few days shy of 74 when he was reelected.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-09-2020, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Reagan was a few days shy of 74 when he was reelected.
Isn't there a lot of evidence that alzheimer's was already setting in during his second term?

Right now in Washington I am seeing a long list of people fighting for power: Pelosi, Trump, Bernie, Biden that are all at the age you don't think long term because there is no long term. No major publicly traded company would consider someone 10 years past retirement to lead them because the job is simply too hard for someone that age.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-09-2020, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think you mean senate. Not sure why the house would need to send itself the articles.
You know what I meant
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-09-2020, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Isn't there a lot of evidence that alzheimer's was already setting in during his second term?

Right now in Washington I am seeing a long list of people fighting for power: Pelosi, Trump, Bernie, Biden that are all at the age you don't think long term because there is no long term. No major publicly traded company would consider someone 10 years past retirement to lead them because the job is simply too hard for someone that age.
You might want to check into that one
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2020, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its hard to believe an educated person could be so mis-informed.
He is impeached.
He spend 3,4,5 times as much time golfing as obama did and your party constantly flipped out over obamas golf. To help you out....3,4,5 times is understood to be MORE golfing and less work. Trumps golf is also much more expensive. He spent more $$ golfing by end of year 1.5 than Obama spent in 8 years.
It is common knowledge he spends most mornings watching TV, FOX news and calling in to the shows, not working. He has the lightest schedule of any recent president. They actually release the presidents schedule to the public. This is fact.
The impeachment is no scam nor hoax, he is an * president. One of only 3.
When you use the words trump uses you lie, congrats on forming your own opinions. You cant think for yourself or look at anything other than thru your GOP fairy glasses? or parrot propaganda? Try looking at reality instead of trumps current non-reality show. Your comments make clear you have little to no understanding of foreign policy. When you don't understand something, may I suggest silence because your words show great ignorance.
You attempt to say that those in his administration that are in jail were "entrapped", WTF? Most plead guilty. How does one that pleads guilty gets entrapped? When you parrot (FOX)crap that has been proved to be wrong you are always wrong. Congrats again. He was never looking into corruption in Ukraine, he asked for an investigation into his rival and BS incorrect conspiracy theories re the 2016 election. This whole scheme is why he is impeached. Epoch Times as a source, you are a joke. Why not just use trump tweets, FOX, Alex Jones and Brietbart. Your sources are proven propaganda. Its why you are so misinformed. Step up your education on the topic or go silent.

During a six month period in 2019, The Epoch Times spent more than $1.5 million on about 11,000 Facebook ads that NBC News said were "pro-Trump advertisements". NBC said the amount spent was more than any group except the Trump campaign itself.[7][10] Political ad spending on Facebook in April 2019 through an account called "Coverage of the Trump Presidency by The Epoch Times" exceeded any politician's spending except Trump and Democrat Joe Biden.[6][68] Journalist Judd Legum wrote in May 2019 that The Epoch Times ads were "boosting Donald Trump and floating conspiracy theories about Joe Biden".[6][68]
In August 2019, Facebook banned The Epoch Times from advertising on its platform, after finding that the newspaper broke Facebook's political transparency rules by publishing pro-Trump subscription ads through sockpuppet pages such as “Honest Paper” and “Pure American Journalism."[8][13] A Facebook representative told NBC: "Over the past year we removed accounts associated with The Epoch Times for violating our ad policies, including trying to get around our review systems." [8]

Your belief in trump is cult like. It is only a belief tho, like believing in GOD, no critical thought, no questioning, just blind faith. Feel free to handle your religion that way but this isn't religion. This requires checks and balances not foolish blind faith. I do love their music tho.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2020, 1:06 PM Reply   
There have been over (10) us presidents that were inaugurated at age 60 or better. My father is almost 80 and sharp as a tack and still a work horse. Not saying he could run the country, but he could continue to run a large business. I personally believe that a LARGE portion of our government is past their effective ages and/or abilities. How can a person that is in their 80s and served for 30 plus year, possibly have a pulse on a 20-30 year old today? Its just not possible. I really believe we have come to the point where term limits are a necessity at all levels of our government. Maybe Congress is like 12 year limits? Same with all the supreme courts justices - I understand the law is the law is the law, but when RBG has major health issues and is almost 90 years old, how can she possibly still be in peak mental shape? I am not saying it is not possible, but pretty difficult. I dont believe most of this is a party issue. You have 30 year old senators trying to negotiate with 80 year old senators for a struggle of power and understanding each other - they are litrearly speaking different languages and at a different pace.

Today the average American is 20 years younger than their representative in Congress. This should come as no surprise, considering that over the past 30 years the average age of a Member of Congress has increased with almost every new Congress. In 1981, the average age of a Representative was 49 and the average of a Senator was 53. Today, the average age of a Representative is 57 and the average of a Senator is 61. The average age of the Democratic House leadership is 72 years old, whereas the average age of Republican House leadership is 48 years old. This trend continues in House committee leadership with Republican chairmen averaging 59 years old and ranking Democrats averaging 68 years old.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2020, 1:10 PM Reply   
63 Canadians dead
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2020, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
If the impeachment is such a lock, why on earth are they delaying? It would have looked way better to the public if they rushed the articles, then sent it over to prove what they had was such an emergency it could not wait. Waiting makes the dems look weak and makes the case look weaker. If this was a business deal or negotiations I was personally working on, I would see this as weakness and I would pounce on the opening. I personally was not at the impeachment or even read through it, but if they had enough evidence, they absolutely would be on the gas peddle with 10 months until the election. I have racked my brain and talked to main people to figure out what the angle is to delay the process. The only possible scenario is thinking they want to delay it a few months so it ends up in the news all summer and closer to the election. I would think if they had " the nuts in poker terms", they would drop the hammer now and be able to use it for marketing for the test of the year.
The reason Pelosi is holding out....
McConnell wants to run a fake trial. Basically let the lawyers argue back and forth and then hold a vote. No witnesses. That is not a trial. The GOP is afraid that by calling witnesses and forcing the WH to release documents they would appear completely dishonest (voting not to impeach) because the evidence is damning. More, new evidence has come out since his impeachment. Can you imagine a legal trial where the bank robber refuses to be questioned, is allowed to hide the evidence and force other witnesses to lie or remain silent. This is why the hold up. The public needs to hear all the truth. Clearly you are not fully versed on what happened during the process or you would understand how we got to this point and how complicated it is. This impeachment would be a done deal if GOP was honest and not running block for the rogue pres. The writers of the constitution didn't expect a rogue president and rogue GOP.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its hard to believe an educated person could be so mis-informed.
He is impeached.
He spend 3,4,5 times as much time golfing as obama did and your party constantly flipped out over obamas golf. To help you out....3,4,5 times is understood to be MORE golfing and less work. Trumps golf is also much more expensive. He spent more $$ golfing by end of year 1.5 than Obama spent in 8 years.
It is common knowledge he spends most mornings watching TV, FOX news and calling in to the shows, not working. He has the lightest schedule of any recent president. They actually release the presidents schedule to the public. This is fact.
The impeachment is no scam nor hoax, he is an * president. One of only 3.
When you use the words trump uses you lie, congrats on forming your own opinions. You cant think for yourself or look at anything other than thru your GOP fairy glasses? or parrot propaganda? Try looking at reality instead of trumps current non-reality show. Your comments make clear you have little to no understanding of foreign policy. When you don't understand something, may I suggest silence because your words show great ignorance.
You attempt to say that those in his administration that are in jail were "entrapped", WTF? Most plead guilty. How does one that pleads guilty gets entrapped? When you parrot (FOX)crap that has been proved to be wrong you are always wrong. Congrats again. He was never looking into corruption in Ukraine, he asked for an investigation into his rival and BS incorrect conspiracy theories re the 2016 election. This whole scheme is why he is impeached. Epoch Times as a source, you are a joke. Why not just use trump tweets, FOX, Alex Jones and Brietbart. Your sources are proven propaganda. Its why you are so misinformed. Step up your education on the topic or go silent.

During a six month period in 2019, The Epoch Times spent more than $1.5 million on about 11,000 Facebook ads that NBC News said were "pro-Trump advertisements". NBC said the amount spent was more than any group except the Trump campaign itself.[7][10] Political ad spending on Facebook in April 2019 through an account called "Coverage of the Trump Presidency by The Epoch Times" exceeded any politician's spending except Trump and Democrat Joe Biden.[6][68] Journalist Judd Legum wrote in May 2019 that The Epoch Times ads were "boosting Donald Trump and floating conspiracy theories about Joe Biden".[6][68]
In August 2019, Facebook banned The Epoch Times from advertising on its platform, after finding that the newspaper broke Facebook's political transparency rules by publishing pro-Trump subscription ads through sockpuppet pages such as “Honest Paper” and “Pure American Journalism."[8][13] A Facebook representative told NBC: "Over the past year we removed accounts associated with The Epoch Times for violating our ad policies, including trying to get around our review systems." [8]

Your belief in trump is cult like. It is only a belief tho, like believing in GOD, no critical thought, no questioning, just blind faith. Feel free to handle your religion that way but this isn't religion. This requires checks and balances not foolish blind faith. I do love their music tho.

You've piqued my interest. What do you think my education level is?

He's still not impeached no matter how many times you say it until it's turned over to the Senate. Sorry if that makes you melt. Doesn't matter anyway since it IS a scam/hoax.

It wasn't me freaking out about Obummer's free time. At least Trump's policies are making things better-unlike Bathhouse Barry's.

Rod did a great job of explaining the multiple entrapment ploys used by the left. I don't have the energy to rehash that.

I've never heard of the Epoch Times and don't have Facebook so you can bark up another tree.

Put the CNN/MSNBC Kool-Aid down.

You're batting .000 tonight. Who says there's no critical thought involved with believing in God? It takes more faith to NOT believe than to believe anyway. You'd know that if you put any critical thought into it.

For the record, I don't "believe" in Trump per se. I admire his policies, most of his decisions and the way he governs. The fact that he ticks off libs like you is just icing on the cake.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
The reason Pelosi is holding out....
McConnell wants to run a fake trial. Basically let the lawyers argue back and forth and then hold a vote. No witnesses. That is not a trial. The GOP is afraid that by calling witnesses and forcing the WH to release documents they would appear completely dishonest (voting not to impeach) because the evidence is damning. More, new evidence has come out since his impeachment. Can you imagine a legal trial where the bank robber refuses to be questioned, is allowed to hide the evidence and force other witnesses to lie or remain silent. This is why the hold up. The public needs to hear all the truth. Clearly you are not fully versed on what happened during the process or you would understand how we got to this point and how complicated it is. This impeachment would be a done deal if GOP was honest and not running block for the rogue pres. The writers of the constitution didn't expect a rogue president and rogue GOP.
A fake trial??? You mean similar to the FARCE we saw in the House? The House is pretty much asking their fraudulently-condemned to provide the rope to hang himself with. Y'all can pound sand.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2020, 1:50 PM Reply   
You know what makes me want to vomit all over you libtards? How bout MSNBC comparing the forced extinction of Salami to Princess Dianna's death, Elvis' death and saying he was this "inspirational military leader" and not the terrorist mastermind that he truly was? You guys are literally sick in the head. Your TDS comes out daily. It's uncanny. PURE EVIL that will receive its due soon.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2020, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
You've piqued my interest. What do you think my education level is?

He's still not impeached no matter how many times you say it until it's turned over to the Senate. Sorry if that makes you melt. Doesn't matter anyway since it IS a scam/hoax.

It wasn't me freaking out about Obummer's free time. At least Trump's policies are making things better-unlike Bathhouse Barry's.

Rod did a great job of explaining the multiple entrapment ploys used by the left. I don't have the energy to rehash that.

I've never heard of the Epoch Times and don't have Facebook so you can bark up another tree.

Put the CNN/MSNBC Kool-Aid down.

You're batting .000 tonight. Who says there's no critical thought involved with believing in God? It takes more faith to NOT believe than to believe anyway. You'd know that if you put any critical thought into it.

For the record, I don't "believe" in Trump per se. I admire his policies, most of his decisions and the way he governs. The fact that he ticks off libs like you is just icing on the cake.
You appear to be typical normal guy, you can spell and put words together, understand and use grammar at college level. That's my gut take on your education level.
Im fairly confident they voted to impeach and they received enough votes.
No worries, you get a pass on the trumps golf.
Rod is quite far away from reality when he writes about entrapment ploys, believe me I actually follow this stuff. One does not plead guilty when they are entrapped, they plead guilty to get the shortest sentence when they are guilty....normally of much more.
You posted a link to EPOCH Times, that's why I thought I would tell you why its a really weak/bad source to prove a point. I don't do facebook either, we are like twins.
I also don't do CNN or cable news. Im more of a NBA and car show guy as far as my TV viewing habits.
I did. Its why you must have blind faith to believe in spirits.
I suppose you could agree with his policies. I don't. His environmental, health care, foreign policy, immigration, morals... pretty much on everything im 180 degrees diff.

What does your god say about liars? Cheaters? Porn star F'ers? Yeah, I cant understand how any christian would support this sad sack.

Quote:
A fake trial??? You mean similar to the FARCE we saw in the House? The House is pretty much asking their fraudulently-condemned to provide the rope to hang himself with. Y'all can pound sand.
Are you saying it would be sound legal practice to allow a crook to withhold the evidence, refuse to testify, witness tamper and plot with the jury? that is virtually what trump is doing.
You don't seem to understand the process. Its why you call it a farce, or you are parroting right wing nuts. In past impeachments there was investigations. In this impeachment there was no investigation. That is why the house DID the investigation. When the Judiciary committee handled the charges, Trump refused to defend himself or send attys. That was his choice. Now the Senate is ready to vote w/o a trial. great. Pelosi wants some sembulance of a fair trial, they want Bolton, trumps guy to come in. If you believe trump is innocent...Why wont he provide documents? Why wont he send his people in to testify and prove his innocence? This is all at 3rd grade level, its obvious why GOP doesn't want witnesses.... Don't bury your head man, that's a childs way out.