Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kurzinator)      Join Date: Aug 2017       02-06-2019, 11:05 AM Reply   
I was browsing stock on The house dot com, as I usually do, and I saw that they had CTRL stuff for sale.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that, because I own a couple of the CTRL boards from around 2012, and they are built pretty tough.

I don't need another board, but you never know. I also like the look of the Wakesurf board too. It looks nice.

Anyways I just thought I'd share. I was asking one of the customer service reps at the house about it with their Chat engine, and he said that he's "pretty sure" that they bought the company and they now have CTRL as their "in house" brand.

More stock should be in sometime around May, he was saying. I'm keeping my eyes on it to see what they offer for bindings personally.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-06-2019, 11:39 AM Reply   
The house in house... these wont be the same boards.
not good.
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-07-2019, 6:13 PM Reply   
That board looks exactly like the 2013 hyperlite broadcast that is in my garage.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-07-2019, 6:32 PM Reply   
I owned a CTRL RX. Was the least durable board I've owned. Four months and the bottom was ground off and the wood stringers cracked.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-12-2019, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
The house in house... these wont be the same boards.
not good.
The House did purchase CTRL. I think it will be a good fit for them.
Old     (Kurzinator)      Join Date: Aug 2017       02-28-2019, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbigpun66 View Post
That board looks exactly like the 2013 hyperlite broadcast that is in my garage.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I know a lot of molds get used by other companies to press boards. On the flipside of that, the Hyperlite Broadcast was probably a $650+ board and the CTRL surfer doesn't cost that much.

Its similar to my first wakeboard. It was pressed in the Wake Tech Flight 69 press, but it was released by LA Ski with some ****ty graphic and it cost me less than half of what the Flight 69 would have cost.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       03-03-2019, 7:53 AM Reply   
look at the nose rocker,,,LAME