Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2010, 3:59 AM Reply   
Hey ladies! I'm looking to get some new bindings. Every time I land, my left heel is moving around a ton (even though I tighten them every time I fall) and my foot slides between the foot plate and the binding (Very painful). I tried on a pair of Ronix closed toe (i think they were Rise) and they were super comfy, but I thought I'd get the ladies' advice. Any recommendations for a place to get bindings and what bindings to get? Thanks!!!
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-25-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Hi Becca,
I just bought some new bindings. I tried about 10 different pairs, some of nearly every brand, but the ones that felt the most comfortable and stable were the Ronix. I got the Ronix One, which is a guys' close-toed binding, but it was the only one that felt like it completely supported my feet without pinching or extra movement. I would have liked to try the new 'Faith/Hope/Love' Ronix bindings that were designed by Emily Copeland Durham specifically for female riders, but the stores in my area didn't have any in stock. Anyway, I would definitely go with close-toe and in my opinion, Ronix has the most comfortable bindings on the market right now. I have heard good things about Hyperlite Syn and Blur bindings for girls too, so those may be worth a try. Good Luck!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-25-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
i tried the 'faith hope love' bindings in the shop, and they felt much nicer than the rises in my opinion. i liked the rises, but they felt really hard when i was riding in them.. (hard to explain). the FHLs seemed to have a bit more padding to them. I think they would be worth tracking down.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-25-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
I have a pair of '09 Hyperlite Mareks new with tags still on that I would be willing to sell for cheap. Let me know if you are interested.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Alice...Are you referring to landing that makes the bindings feel really hard? That's where I'm starting to have some trouble with mine.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
Jessica- I'd for sure wanna try on those bindings first. I think I might go to The House first. I'll let ya know if I look into getting Hyperlites! Thanks!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-25-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey becca, i did think the landings were a bit hard - some of the ronix boots have very little footbed, so you lose the cushioning that you get with other boots. but it was also how the boot interacted with every other part of my foot - it just didn't have any give or cushioning, even just when i was cutting. they didn't really feel right. but, the FHL seemed to have a lot more padding, while still being supportive. I can't ride at the moment, but I would love to try them out on the water...

What boots do you have at the moment Becca?
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
liquid force melissa- i think they are 07 or 08, but i honestly can't remember at the moment. i really liked them up until mid summer last year. then, this year i've been wearing neoprene booties in them until a couple days ago and i wasn't moving around in them at all. Without the booties i was moving around A LOT with every landing (but only the left binding)...each time i fell i'd have to tighten both up again, but it'd only be a few minutes before they felt loose again. Maybe they'd be fine if I just replaced those little fasteners.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
i have the melissas as well, but the lace up ones - 07 i think? do yours have velcro or laces? I actually bought the velcro ones (08?), and i hated them - couldn't get them tight enough and my feet moved around a lot! after i put my foot through the front of them i refused to use them again - managed to swap with a friend for the 07 pair (which is what I'd had previously). Maybe you could try the LF wing boots? they're kind of like what the melissas used to be - with laces. and they come in closed toe as well.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
I have the laces too. today when i boarded i used a neoprene booty on my left foot and nothing on my right foot and i didn't have a problem moving around in the binding at all (lol)! i didn't have to tighten the bindings once either. maybe it's just a "wearing down" issue? However, my left heel was still REALLY sore and still is (maybe just from the previous night). I'll look into the LF wing boots and the other Ronix ones too. I do definitely want a closed toe binding this time.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
weird how they can have good days and bad days. i feel your frustration! I firmly believe the perfect women's wake boot hasn't been invented yet

let us know what you decide.
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-26-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
I am LOVING my 2010 Hyperlite Syns. My foot doesn't move around in them at all, they have a super cushy and supportive footbed...and they look sweet! Check them out if you can!
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help! I'll definitely let u ladies know what I choose.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I went to the Ronix FHL in March of this year & was really fond of them for a few weeks. They were really comfortable and lower profile for a female (men's boots come up pretty high on my short frame). However, once I recover from this injury and am able to ride again, I will be looking for a much stiffer boot. The FHL allowed my foot to flext to the point of tearing a ligament; I don't think this injury would have happened in my old boot. Right now, I'm leaning toward the LF Watsons or the Ronix Franks. I love the looks of the Ronix Franks and they are supposed to much stiffer than the Reliks/FHL's.
Attached Images

Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-28-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
So if I have an 07 board and I get 09 bindings, are there adapters to fit the bindings to my board? One person said there are, but someone else said there weren't.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-28-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Yes. new boots should fit an older board...just tell the shop you get them from what you plan to ride and they will make sure you have the correct base plate/screws. If you are considering ordering them online, check out www.perfski.com. Great shop with great people working there!
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-29-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Kat!