Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sports_gurl)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-19-2011, 9:44 PM Reply   
So this summer i'm going to be riding a Ronix Bill 2010 board (my cousins 'old' board).

I've only ever ridden cheap beginner boards. Even though i'm a girl I was told the Bill (134) would be my size as i'm 145lbs(that i wear well...ha) and 5'7, is this true?

I was just curious about the board, does anyone ride it? I'm mediocre at best. Never ridden behind a tower, just have a fishing boat.... I get about 2ft of air. Can do some surface tricks. But this year there is a Cable Park opening in my city. And when i'm not at our cottage i was hoping to go to the cable park weekly.

Would you ever take the fins out of the Bill for surface tricks or is it fine with? (read some threads that said it was a loose board) and i have the slider fins... those are just for the cable... never for behind a boat right?

Any other pointers on switching boards would be great. i'm so excited it seems so much lighter and more maneuverable than my last. (the living room floor is the only place i've tested it.)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2011, 10:30 PM Reply   
The Bill is a great board. IMO one of the best. Really fun and most love it. I've spent a lot of time on one and it's very easy to get along with and learn on. I think you'll do just fine.

The 134 is good. My sister is about your size (and a circus performer) and she rides a 137 very comfortably so if you wanted to you could ride a bigger one, but it's all personal preference. I ride the biggest board i can get my hands on and have kinda passed that onto my sis.

It is a loose board but it comes with 1 inch fins, if you're having a hard time with surface tricks you may want to look at some smaller ones or put the park fins in.

When I ride park/cable I always ride without fins, you should give it a go, it'll teach you to use your edges better.

There's always an adjustment period when switching boards so try not to get frustrated when if it all falls apart for a couple sets, its normal. take it easy.