Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-09-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Does anyone have a newer Denali with a lowering kit on it? There a few different style kits out there, looking to get some first hand knowledge on what works.

Also can someone photoshop this thing down a couple inches so I can see what it looks like? All the pics I can find have aftermarket wheels and I want to see what it will look like with stockers.

Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-09-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
I've installed most lowering kits. by fare DJM customs is the way to go.
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-09-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
I did this kit and beltech 5100 lowering struts on my 2010 Tahoe. Total drop was 3/4

http://tbssowners.com/store/index.ph...d&productId=87
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-09-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Here's my wife's 08 Escalade with a 2/4 kit from Tony at TBSS. I did all new Arnott air shocks and struts as well as front and rear swaybars.

Do you plan to tow a boat with it? You'll definitely need helper bags. The rear auto ride most likely won't be able to keep up unless you have very little tongue weight.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-09-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
TJ, that escalade is beautiful. Absolutely perfect.
Old     (PrecisionStorage)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-10-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
Here is a quick photoshop job for you...

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-10-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses guys. That escalade is gorgeous, absolutely perfect.

Yes I will be towing, I am also concerned with how lowering will affect the autoride. I have seen kits that use spindles and other kits that don't. Some kits include shocks others utilize what is already there. Just trying to get some expertise on the available options.
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-10-2014, 12:40 PM Reply   
here is a pic of mine on 26" kmc slides

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-10-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
Give Tony (415.519.2432) at tbssowners.com a call. He is extremely helpful and knowledgable. He will set you up with all the right parts and can help with any of the technical knowledge should you decide to tackle the install yourself.

If your truck is an 07 you are probably due for shocks, depending on how many miles you have.

You'll definitely want to do spindles in the front as it does not change the spring rate or require a new shorter shock with less travel vs a lowering spring.