Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Znoodle)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-31-2014, 5:07 PM Reply   
I'm still looking for a wakeboard boat. Another silly question. I found a real nice 1993 Correct Craft Air Natique. 2 questions. Is it the same boat as ski natique? Does it put off a good wake for beg/int wake boarders?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-31-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
1). There is no such boat as a 93 Air Nautique. The Air Nautique launched in 97. It's most likely a sport Nautique if it has an open bow with a tower added

2) the Sport Nautique is a very capable wake machine. You will have zero floor space because sacs will be everywhere, but if you have a small crew and are looking for a price point wakeboat its a solid choice.
Old     (Znoodle)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-31-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
It is weird. It says 1993 Ski Natique for sale but the picture on the side of the boat says Air Natique.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-31-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
Most likely just updated the older graphics and added the Air Graphics.

IF it's just a closed bow Ski Nautique the wake won't be nearly as good as the open bow Sport Nautique. If you looking for a super budget wakeboat you are going to want to look for an 87-89 Nautique 2001 model. The 2001 is the model not a year . It's known as one of the best
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-31-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Like Swat said, likely just upgraded graphics. No Air or Super Air that old.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
Make that 82-89. All "2001" model ski nautiques from 82-89 have the same hull. The interiors were quite a bit nicer in the 86(I think) on.

By the way. Great hull. Loved my 87. Just make stringers and floor are solid.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
90 and up Ski Nautiques are not good wakeboard boats.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-01-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
"Most likely just updated the older graphics and added the Air Graphics."
"Like Swat said, likely just upgraded graphics."

I would make that, 'very' likely. I didn't care for my 2006 Tribal graphics, so I replaced them with the 2007 graphics for my model, which I liked much better (as shown in my profile pic).

Re-freshing graphics is simple and inexpensive. It gives the boat a fresh look for the new season. It's also a good winter project.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-03-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Make that 82-89. All "2001" model ski nautiques from 82-89 have the same hull. The interiors were quite a bit nicer in the 86(I think) on.

By the way. Great hull. Loved my 87. Just make stringers and floor are solid.
Agreed. My first boat was an 88 and I loved it! Amazing wake for beginners to pros (with enough weight). The great things about it though is that with little weight it is, imo, the perfect wake for really learning proper technique.

Also, if the floor/stringers have not been redone then you will have to redo them within a few years if not immediately. I'd be surprised if there are any 2001s that don't need the floor/stringers redone. Maybe if it was almost never used but even then . . .