Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-16-2017, 8:18 AM Reply   
I've been riding the Ronix Timebomb for 3 years now and really like it. Got the new I-Beam core Timebomb this season and broke it (twice)... so I'm now on my third replacement and my dealer just informed me that Ronix is sold out of that model for the year so I've got to pick something else. My options are limited to Ronix, Hyperlite, Byerly, and Slingshot as those are the only suppliers my dealer carries. Any recommendations that would be similar to the Timebomb between these choices. I'm not great, but I prefer a fast & poppy board that sticks well on the landings... and I'm not a fan of Slingshot (slow and hard landings).
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-16-2017, 8:49 AM Reply   
Can you not order a board online?

Also I will assume this is a boat only board?

Personally just started riding the LF Remedy. Absolutely stoked right out on it. I am a bigger rider at 200 even and I am shredding the 142 with a pair of Red LF Tao boots. I cannot stress how much I love the board. It has this really cool skatie feel to it. I ride it finless as it has a number of moderate channels. The design of the board carries a-lot of speed, which allows the board to be ridden slightly smaller...

I have rode the Ronix One series from 2006-2009. I like the boards as well similar feel finless, except you have to adjust your weight a bit to take full advantage of the advanced rocker design. A bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-16-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sorry I missread. If it is a warranty from your local dealer, the Hyperlite Relapse may be the way to go... Never ridden it but it looks like it would be poppy and carry speed.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-20-2017, 4:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopington View Post
Sorry I missread. If it is a warranty from your local dealer, the Hyperlite Relapse may be the way to go... Never ridden it but it looks like it would be poppy and carry speed.
Thanks Chris... JD's relapse is one that I'm planning to demo. Dealer had the same opinion.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
Good move supporting the brands from the local shop. That's probably what has enabled you to get fast replacement boards.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-20-2017, 2:30 PM Reply   
Picked up the Kruz and Relapse today... excited to see if either work out for me.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-11-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Just a quick follow-up... been riding the Hyperlite Kruz and really enjoy how wide it is. Looks like the direction I'll be going in.