Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       01-11-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
Looking for opinions on the Watson Dose. I'm not finding many reviews online. How does it compare with the Watson hybrid. I have been riding a hybrid for the past three years. I love it but looking for a new board this year. My step sons are getting better at riding and have started to take over the hybrid. I tried the classic Harley shape last summer. Rode it for about 2 months but kept going back to the Hybrid. The Harley was okay. It's a great board but just not for me. Now I'm considering trying the Watson Dose. I always love Watson's boards. Also considering switching it up and trying one of the camber boards from Ronix.
Board will be exclusively a boat board. Any feedback would be awesome.
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-11-2017, 2:04 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden the Watson Dose, but I love my Watson Classic. Even though they are all different shapes, I think if you like one Watson, you'll like another Watson. Might not be the same case for everyone, but I feel at home being on any board with Watsons name on it. So I think the Dose would be an awesome choice.

I also jumped on a parks camber air core board right when they came out. I rode it a few times and gave it an honest shot, but ended up selling it after about a month and going right back to my Watson. It was a good board but just too different. That being said, the camber boards have changed quite a bit since then, so the best advice would really be to try to get your hands on one and take it for a spin. Camber is something you either love or you hate.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       01-17-2017, 5:41 AM Reply   
I'm with you on the Watson series of boards. I loved the classic. Still pull the old one out from time to time and take it for a spin. The hybrid was a step up for me and is an awesome, fun, all around great board. The hybrid glides so nice and I feel like I can ride all day without getting tired. I feel like if I could morph the Harley and Watson hybrid together it would be the perfect blend.
Im thinking maybe switch it up and try something new. What about a '16 One Timebomb. Maybe the new Parks or space blanket but $600 for a board seems crazy. Was hoping for some feedback from anyone familiar with the newer shapes of the One and the dose.
Do I stick with the flex and go Watson dose or move to a more boat oriented only board like the one time bomb.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-17-2017, 10:16 AM Reply   
Have you checked out the LF RDX? It appears to be a remake of the Watson classic
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2017, 8:57 PM Reply   
Over the last 15 years, 10 or so have been on a Watson board. Substance, Watson (classic now), Watson hybrid since 2012 or so (darned board just doesn't break, used to go through one a year, hybrid lasts 3 each). I've dabbled with the Premier and the Lyman. I had a couple Witness boards that I really liked. Watson always feels comfortable.

Just started looking as I figure there has to have been some board improvements since 2012....anyone actually ride the Watson Dose to compare to hybrid?
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       05-13-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
After searching for a comparison between the dose and the hybrid for awhile and not finding anything I was torn between trying a Ronix board for the first time or giving the dose a go. I found a Ronix One timebomb on amazon from last year that was for sale for a great price. It was almost $200 cheaper than any of last years watson dose that I could find. For that amount of difference in price I decided to finally try out the One. All I can say is Wow! Have only had the One out twice but I absolutely love it so far. I wouldn't say it's better than the hybrid just different. The flex of the hybrid is awesome when you get it right off the wake but I wasn't always consistent with it. The One timebomb is obviously a much stiffer board and to me, so far, is much more consistent pop off the wake. It's the same every time and just boots you effortlessly.