Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 12:12 AM Reply   
Weird request.

Requires background...

I had a group rowdy 20 somethings move in behind me. They party till 3 or 4 AM two to three times a week. Applified music, rough housing, drunk singing to music. They insist on doing the party in the backyard, which is closest to were my 8 year old's bedroom is. The music is loud, but the drunkin ass clown behavior is just as loud. I tried talking. Doesn't work. I HAVE TRIED TALKING TO THEM!!!!

Here in Stockton, the police tell you tough luck. "do to budget cuts, we have no one to respond" I have called no less then a dozen times. Short of calling in shots fired, they wont respond. Moving is not an option.

I wanna rig up a tower speaker like set up. I care less about what it looks like, or sounds like. JUST LOUD. Cheaper, better. I'm gonna set it up to go off at 5am, every morning till this **** stops. Any ideas for cheap solutions? Any other ideas?? My other neighbors are on board. They are just as angry.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 12:15 AM Reply   
Anyone one the Delta loan me there Wetsounds for a couple weeks? I can provide Wakeworld references, Im a good guy, and will return your stuff in the condition you gave it to me
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2013, 12:18 AM Reply   
Sorry, I can't help you, but I absolutely LOVE where this is going.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 12:20 AM Reply   
Barry, I love where this could go as well/ But frankly, Id love for someone to come up a solution. At this point, at midnight, with a little girl wanting to crawl in bed with me because shes scared, I'm going for blood.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 12:22 AM Reply   
I know the WW crowd. I've driven your boat, I've drank beer with you, my fat ass may have even boarded with you. Help f some idiots up
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2013, 5:26 AM Reply   
Could you not rent some DJ equipment.

Just throwing something out there.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-13-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
This is awesome if I was anywhere near you i'd hook you up with some DJ equipment from a buddy of mine... Let me know how this all plays out
Old    bigdtx            04-13-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
Here's a cheap option:

http://www.amazon.com/Alarm-Siren-11...keywords=siren
Old     (shunra)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
How about an outdoor PA horn instead of a siren? Then you can blast some annoying music their way.

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PHSP5

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 7:17 AM Reply   
All good ideas. For today, Im going out right now and firing up a chain saw. Don't know what Ill cut up, but It'll be going for the next two hours or so
Old     (texasjet)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-13-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
Not sure if this would work in Cali. But here in Texas we would try calling the sheriff's department. Sometimes they are willing to get involved when local PD will not. Same way with game wardens, the have jurisdiction in lots of places.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
i bet with these you could get something figured out:

http://www.harborfreight.com/bad-boy...orn-94117.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...orn-40134.html

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shoreline-...ndingMethod=rr

http://www.massmarine.com/massmarine...FaplOgodnwoAIg

Last edited by newwhit; 04-13-2013 at 7:33 AM.
Old     (texasjet)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-13-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Also do they rent or own the house? If they rent, any ability to talk to the owner? Just a thought.

Any homeowner association rules they are breaking. Maybe you can get the HOA to help with every possible violation.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-13-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
Have the other neighbors spoken to these guys as well? If only you have gone over to speak to them, they may view you as the cranky neighbor that bitches about everything. It seems that maybe if several of you went and spoke to them at once, maybe then they will lower the noise.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
whoops

Last edited by newwhit; 04-13-2013 at 7:30 AM. Reason: whoops
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-13-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjet View Post
Also do they rent or own the house? If they rent, any ability to talk to the owner? Just a thought.

Any homeowner association rules they are breaking. Maybe you can get the HOA to help with every possible violation.
Just don't mail a letter to the actual house, mail it to the owners.
A very long time ago we got a letter to the landlord at our physical address that stated "it is reaching the point of lunacy" it was great and hung on our fridge for a number of years.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
#1 blasting your Idiot neighbors with music doesn't seem like a good Idea. #1 makes you look like even a bigger Idiot #2 the extra noise your going to use to annoy your bad neighbors is going to effect the good neighbors you want on your side. I know you say they are on board but some how I don't think this defense will work long term. Being Ignorant with professional Ignorant people is only putting you at a disadvantage.

You need to Build a case against them. This would be Video evidence of what's going on. Set up a camera and hit record when it starts going on. You can download a DB meter app for your I phone to record sound levels & record the DB levels and times your phone will show both time and DB levels. Once you have a few recordings bring these to the local police. Have your neighbors do the same thing. They will not ignore you if you show up in force with your neighbors all doing the same thing. Complain to your local Board Of Supervisors. Get their Emails and send them Videos.
Sorry I know this is not the solution you hoped for. I have a neighbor that has a barking Fing dog and it bothers me the same way your Idiot neighbors do. The video evidence is a strong tool for you to get the help you need.

BTW; if you wanted to really mess them up with sound. You need to get a L.R.A.D
"Long Range Acoustical Device" look them up turn that sucker on and it's game over
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-13-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
When I've had issues that the police didn't or wouldn't respond to, I sent a nicely worded email to the city manager, the chief of police, the mayor, and the rest if the city council. I have done that twice in the last 5 years, and both times the issue was handled within the week. I also bcc'd other citizens who were involved with our issue, but didn't want to have their names included for whatever reason.
Phone calls don't do crap, but paper trails are great evidence.
Good luck.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-13-2013, 4:52 PM Reply   
Document every occurance, issue, phone call to the police etc. Keep good records, then after a few months, 6 mos. a year, or whatever, sue them in small claims court for the max on whatever you can come up with. Have your neighbors do the same thing. I had the same issue awhile back that lasted for about 2 years and regretted not doing this.

When you get those speakers setup, though, I'd suggest the soundtrack to Mary Poppins.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-14-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
how much are you willing to spend?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-14-2013, 9:15 AM Reply   
also search craigslist if you havent, always people selling cheap ass pa systems
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
As much fun as the noise war sounds like, i very much doubt it will help the situation. If these people already don't care and refuse to be reasonable, then fighting back in that way would likely only make things escalate. I've known people like that and i would guess they would find it funny to be even louder and later knowing how much it pisses you off. It's a lot less fun but the advice above about documenting and contacting other officials is more likely to get the results you want.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
My neighbor has a barking German Shepard I would let you "borrow"..
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
Some other suggestions -

* If you know their phone numbers post up their number to craigslist in the relationship section and/or address on party nights... "Cool dudes seeking other dudes for a mixer this Saturday night" .... get them sown into the gay community real good.
.... or PM me their number, I have no problem sending random calls their way for this or that.

* Super loud music in the morning - early AM, or lawn mower, etc etc after the parties should hurt pretty bad if they're nursing a hang-over

* Get one of these - http://www.jammerall.com/products/4-...l-Blocker.html .... annoy the pants off of them

* Easy enough to have the cops to show up to find their secret dug stash (super not legal though)

* If they have a satellite dish, pretty easy to make them "lose" signal very often.

* Crickets in their house... lots of them.

* Bake them some goods (cookies / cake / etc) full of laxatives

* Sign them up for EVERY piece of spam mail you can
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
Why Don't You Just "Water Your Backyard" At Night? Get One Of Those Side To side SprinklerS That Connect To Your hose. Oops! you Are Also Watering Your Neighbors Back Yard...
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2013, 3:48 AM Reply   
De-friend them on Facebook.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-15-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
Hire some one to burn the house down.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
Not sure arson is the answer but I don't have to deal with it either. I would go with the PA speaker. Nothing would piss me off in the morning like some ****ty audio. Wetsounds bring too much quality.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-15-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Get a pet skunk and set up some mechanical contraption that will piss it off when they are outside. Make sure to put a large fan that blows to their yard though.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-15-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
Assuming 5 neighbors touch his property line (both sides, behind and 2 diagonal). How about 5 matching signs the illuminate very brightly on the loud neighbors yard and have a flashing sign saying 'shut the F** up'. and you turn them on when you are ready for them to shut up. If the loud neighbors suddenly have 5 signs looming over their fence lighting up their house as bright as the sun from all surrounding neighbors, maybe they'll get the clue.

how about an attorney?

how about socially disgrace the police department, film the loud guys, film you trying to talk to them, film you calling the police, then put it on youtube. name the police officers names, email the video to the city council.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
I like the way you think. Revenge is always at the top of my list too, but they will probably win this war. You have kids, so it's probably not a good idea to prompt personal attacks from them. It could get way worse.

On a related note.....one time at pismo beach, this camp next to us partied until 4 am and kept my family wide awake with loud music, revving engines, and hollering. Three hours after they went to sleep, about the time our camp was rising, I walked my dirt bike over to their tent and warmed it up with a series of high revs, then dropped the clutch and roosted their tent. It felt so good.
Old     (cableripper)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
How about some light thereapy, 10 or 12 million candle watt lights into the windows would annoy anyone who was up partying all night
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-15-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Probably Bad idea to get into a war with losers. You probably have stuff they can mess up, kids they can mess with and money in the bank they can sue you over.

They probably have nothing to lose, and they wouldn't even care about minor criminal convictions.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-16-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just walk over and turn off the power to their house. Then put a dead bolt on it.
Old    deltahoosier            04-17-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Don't get in a fight with someone with nothing to lose.
Old    bigdtx            04-17-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
"Just walk over and turn off the power to their house. Then put a dead bolt on it."

LOL - genius! Better yet pull their meter and take it with you.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-17-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
Regarding your amplified noise idea, I think it would be better to put a microphone up so that you are only replaying their noise back to them with a delay.

A better idea is for you to take them to small claims court for nuisance. Each neighbor can add on $5K. 10 claims make it $50K. Build a case, make recording, take notes, and nail them in their pocket. Also, consider filing a suit against their landlord too. Make him hurt too.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-05-2013, 6:58 AM Reply   
Two wrongs don't make it right. Don't take it the wrong way, but retaliation just escalates things. I would get an attorney involved. They are causing serious distress to you and your family and should be held accountable for their actions. I think it would not be wise to do something in "revenge mode" because it could come back to hurt you. For all you know, one of those little s***heads may have a daddy who is a senator. Just don't do anything illegal and you'll be okay. They are in the wrong, not you, and I would hate to see you end up in the wrong as well just because you want to get back at them.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
what has been done?